Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

MS need games, good games that sell consoles. But the problem is their console is an addition, they don't seem to care much for it because everything is PC too. They're concentrating on 2 markets, and trailing in both. People may give out about single player games, but Sony is moving consoles with them... granted, you can wait a year or two to maybe get it on PC if one is so inclined. But MS don't have any recent console selling games. Sony have quite a few.

But I do have some slight Sony, specifically PS fanboyism. I'm there since the first one, it's literally part of my growing up and has created far more memories than real life over the years! I never got the Xbrick, I did have a 360 and preferred the online side of that to the PS3, but the PS4 came back swinging and the 5 continues the domination over MS. It's a shame.

I'd love if both had their console sellers, and while the Gamepass push is definitely winning people over, I still think it's not financially viable for the AAA games, something Sony apparantly agrees with. Sub services are great for smaller games, but Day 1 AAA games with how much they cost these days... doesn't compute to me. And I never expect the likes of God of War, Spiderman, Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, etc to land Day 1 for free on PS+. Might get people to upgrade to Premium though, would be a definite benefit. I could see a higher tier costing far more in order to include first party AAA games Day 1.

Time will tell, but MS need to get those killer games/apps out there. The recent ones have fallen fairly flat overall. The hype for Starfield has all but died out as people move on, or even back to Skyrim. Halo has apparantly improved, but may be too little too late. Forza is not getting the rave reviews they were hoping for (plus GT7 has the VR mode going for it, MS cannot compete here unless they bring out their own headset, which they won't). PS5 has already won this gen save for a miracle turnaround by MS, but again I can't see that happening due to decent big releases and their reception.

Hope Sony are keeping an eye on Embracer ruining companies, and are willing to buy Crystal Dynamics so we can get the Legacy of Kain game we deserve!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭jj880

Crazy Tank takes flight!

Merry Christmas lads!

Thanks to all on here for advice with sim setup. The solid stand makes it 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Happy Christmas all, hopefully no issues downloading updates and installing games for anyone with kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Guys, what's the most popular headset these days? I have the 3D pulse from day 1, and while audio is ok, the build quality is absolutely shocking IMO. It's falling apart and is just about time for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

My go to is the Steelseries Arctis 7. If you get the X version it will work on all consoles. This has been replaced by Steelseries with the Nova 7x, which adds Bluetooth support.

There is a cut down version of the Nova 7 that removes Bluetooth, the Nova 4. These are currently about €100 on Amazon.

There is P model for Playstation if you don't require Xbox support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I really don't have a need for them outside of PS, so if the only difference is the Bluetooth capability, I think I'll give those a whirl!

I upgraded from the Pulse to the Arctis 7P+, and am very happy with them. They last waaaaaaay longer than the Pulse. Sound is very good, and if you have a pc you can customise it, which is the biggest downside if you don't have a pc...

Even though they're great, I'm probably gonna pick up the new Pulse Elite headset. €150, out in Feb. The most affordable headset with Planar Magnetic Drivers, which are supposed to be the shiznaz. And considering they're made specifically with the PS5 in mind, they technically should be the best affordable headset out there once they release.

The buds are still calling to me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

I tried customizing it on pc but didnt find it made much diff

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New PS Stars Campaign giving handy points you can use to buy credit. One is to pay any game from new ps plus essential games, another is part a game from PS Plus Extra recent list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had a heart stopping moment with my PS5.

Thought the HDMI connector on it was fooked, but luckily it was just a cable.

#relieved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Had one of those around Christmas. PS5 was in the middle of gameplay and just turned off. Wouldn't turn back on at the press of the controller ps5 button. After about 20 mins of trying different things, I left it for half an hour unplugged and came back and it just...... worked?

But more sweating done in that half an hour than in the last year in the gym (coz I think I went twice)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone use much remote play here with a bit of networking knowledge? Logged a solid 5-6 hours on my Steam Deck then one day after about 15 minutes it got extremely laggy and that's while sitting in the same room. PS5 is on WiFi 5Ghz with the router 1m away in the other room, no way to have it wired.

Wondering if there's anything specifically with WiFi channels I could tweak in the router or prioritise bandwidth. I have WiFi mesh leading to a Plex server that would be idle and several home devices connected (Nest, Roomba etc) I have the ports forwarded but that's it.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

you could see if turning off Wi-Fi power management on the steam deck has any effect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I presume it's with chiaki? I had this previously and dropped some of the settings. It got it back on track. Try this.

Resolution: 1080p

FPS: 60fps

bitrate: 30000

codec: h265

audio buffer size: 19200

hw decode: vaapi

Also try chiaki4deck. Same set up but supports HDR and controller swiping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Rumours of HiFi Rush and Sea of Thieves coming to PS5/Switch.

Not much of a surprise. No GP numbers have been released for ages and console is getting outsold by a bigger margin than last gen.

HiFi Rush is great, played it on Steam Deck last year. Would probably give Sea of Thieves a go.

It had around 3 million+ since launch but only 10% have actually beaten they game.

It will do pretty well especially on Switch depending on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

New Prince of Persia The Lost Crown demo goes live today at 6pm for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Kevrano

Possible updated Dualsense controller with 12 hours battery life: https://www.engadget.com/leak-suggests-sony-may-soon-offer-a-dualsense-v2-controller-with-12-hours-of-battery-115527945.html

The current one really doesn't seem to last long, and I got a 2nd controller so continue playing whilst the other was charging up

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Kevrano

Demo is live now on the PS store, must have been released a little early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does anyone know how to stop a PS4 version of a game installing when you already have the PS5 version installed?

I've got Diablo IV PS4 disk and you can claim the PS5 version for free, which I've done. PS5 version needs the PS4 disk to be inserted so I leave it in the console as its the game I'm playing the most.

Every time I start the console it attempts to download the PS4 version of the game, it's really annoying.

I don't think there is a way to stop auto install, but a workaround is to pause the next download and just let it sit there, don't delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There was a fix in a firmware update, but it broke in a later one and hasn't been fixed again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is PSN unusually slow for anyone else the last day or two? Taking ages to load game thumbnails while browsing PS+ games etc.

Trying to download Tinykin and it’s crawling. My internet is fine so not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Had 3 crashes last night and menus were very laggy but I think that's cause I was playing Tacoma.

Seemed like everything was back to normal after beating and deleting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Hey Folks, feel free to add me on PSN. I'd love to add some fellow Irish lads and lasses to the friends list to compare trophies get an opinion on a game and whatnot!

Delete eof not allowed ofc mods

Username: DMM2092

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pop your details in this thread and theres plenty of usernames in there for you to add :) you can add me, PSN is jonnycivic

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055114713/sen-username-thread#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

What are people's thoughts on the mooted ps5 pro in September? Would you be interested?

Personally if it's doing RT at 60fps I'd be all over it depending on price. I hate having to choose been performance and fidelity but I know there's always an element of that. I would have always went for the prettier graphics but hard to go back to 30fps after getting used to 60fps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This is gonna sound super lazy but the lack of Gamestop in the market (who were brilliant for console trade-ups) will probably make the process of upgrading painful so it would really need to be something special for me to bite.

Advertisement