Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Barbarians, Thomond Pk, 28/05/15 19:45, Sky SP1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

ssaye2 wrote: »

Surprised Kelleher is so prominent in the minds of the national coaches where iirc he literally hasn't played once for Leinster. I wouldn't have thought they'd spend much time watching Leinster A/AIL but evidently they do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Tox56 wrote: »
    Surprised Kelleher is so prominent in the minds of the national coaches where iirc he literally hasn't played once for Leinster. I wouldn't have thought they'd spend much time watching Leinster A/AIL but evidently they do

He came off the bench in Leinster's last game but yeh they must keep an eye on the AIL as well as the 'A' games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Tox56 wrote: »

Could be wrong here but I think he's appeared for Leinster off the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I was in Krystle the other night, got a high-five from Jordi Murphy because we're up to Leinster thread VI while Munster are only on IV.

True story.

That moment when you want to roast someone but you've already got a warning on the Rugby thread...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Sit through a feckin hour of that plank Daire O'Brien and not a single mention of the match on ATH. I understand they had to take some time to pay respects to the sad passing of Bill O'Herlihy but still...you'd think the selection for the match would be a fairly big talking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Does D'arcy's omission here show he's properly out of the reckoning for the World Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Sit through a feckin hour of that plank Daire O'Brien and not a single mention of the match on ATH. I understand they had to take some time to pay respects to the sad passing of Bill O'Herlihy but still...you'd think the selection for the match would be a fairly big talking point.

Much bigger talking points considering Munster, Ulster, POC, Connacht and MOC news this week. Not exactly a whole lot of time and Babas game is bottom of that list IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Respect for Shane Jennings. It's great he gets a send off like this, he deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

That moment when you want to roast someone but you've already got a warning on the Rugby thread...

Totally. It's like that moment when you realise that, no matter how obvious the gag, it will go over someone's head.

• Advertisement

Barbarians (v Ireland):

15 Zane Kirchner (Leinster & South Africa) 29
    14 Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues & Wales) 32
    13 Joe Rokocoko (Bayonne & New Zealand) 68
    12 Wynand Olivier (Montpellier & South Africa) 38
    11 David Smith (Toulon)
    10 James Gopperth (Leinster)
    9 Ruan Pienaar (Ulster & South Africa) 80
    1 Roberto Tejerizo (Tucuman & Argentina) 4
    2 Deon Fourie (Lyon)
    3 Adam Jones (Cardiff Blues & Wales) 95
    4 Rodrigo Capo Ortega (Castres & Uruguay) 38
    5 Konstantin Mikautadze (Toulon & Georgia) 31
    6 Shane Jennings (Leinster & Ireland, Captain) 13:D:D:D
    7 Gerhard Vosloo (Toulon)
    8 Ryu Koliniasi Holani (Panasonic Wild Knights & Japan) 38
    Replacements:
    16 David Ward (Harlequins)
    17 Saimone Taumoepeau (Castres & New Zealand) 3
    18 Matias Diaz (Pampas & Argentina) 8
    19 George Whitelock (Panasonic Wild Knights & New Zealand) 1
    20 George Smith (Lyon & Australia) 111
    21 Tomas Cubelli (Belgrano Ath & Argentina) 34
    22 Tusi Pisi (Suntory Sungoliath & Samoa) 20
    23 Gio Aplon (Grenoble & South Africa) 17

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭bilston

It's unfortunate for reasons beyond anyone's control but Thomond Pk may be the worst possible venue for this game. Even the Irish based Barbarians are from Leinster and Ulster!

No Brad Thorn for this unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ah I was hoping Thorny would play. That backline looks great tho!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jimmy to rip it up!! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

11 to 15 have all played wing at some stage!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Any of the Dublin posters heading down to this? Have Thursday and Friday off and am now finding myself with a little more spare time than previously expected...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

dregin wrote: »
    Any of the Dublin posters heading down to this? Have Thursday and Friday off and am now finding myself with a little more spare time than previously expected...

Was considering it actually. How much would tickets be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Heading to this but can't say I'm too excited about it to be honest. Pity Connact/Munster players aren't involved, the fixture had a lot more potential when it was annouced. Still, Thursday night rugby in Thomond, should be a laugh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Was considering it actually. How much would tickets be?
    35 blips.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

dregin wrote: »

Yeah heading down to it, got two €35 terrace tickets. Should be worth it to see Jennings & Heaslip battle it out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,783 ✭✭✭✭phog

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah heading down to it, got two €35 terrace tickets. Should be worth it to see Jennings & Heaslip battle it out

I looked at them earlier and thought they were €30 but I doubt I'll head now unless I pick up a freebie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

phog wrote: »
    I looked at them earlier and thought they were €30 but I doubt I'll head now unless I pick up a freebie.

€30 for the North and South terraces, €35 for the East and West. I'm in the same boat as yourself. No way I'm paying those prices for a Leinster/Ulster XV v the Barbarians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

€30 for the North and South terraces, €35 for the East and West. I'm in the same boat as yourself. No way I'm paying those prices for a Leinster/Ulster XV v the Barbarians.

The tickets did go half-price a few times, but I wanted to see the sides before I decided to go. There is no chance that I paying that much for a terrace ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I still wish Micheal Swift was involved in this match

• Registered Users Posts: 23,783 ✭✭✭✭phog

The tickets did go half-price a few times, but I wanted to see the sides before I decided to go. There is no chance that I paying that much for a terrace ticket.

I think it was only Category A stand tickets that went of offer, though some day last week they offered 20% off all tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

When is the team announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

.ak wrote: »
    When is the team announced?

"lunchtime"

"lunchtime"

But I'm eating lunch right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

But I'm eating lunch right now

Thanks for that -- my watch needed setting.

Advertisement