Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Barbarians, Thomond Pk, 28/05/15 19:45, Sky SP1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Swiwi. wrote: »
    I would have thought this was the perfect game for a small ground with €5 ticket prices, bring-a-kid-for-free type affair.

I find the way the games lately have been divvied up is a bit weird: I mean the Pro 12 final in Belfast between Munster & Glasgow??

The money is important to Thomond Park and the Munster branch, there's no way they'd risk it being at a loss.

The Pro 12 obviously had no idea the final would be between Munster & Glasgow, it could just as easily have been Munster/Ulster. It's just like the Champions Cup final, unfortunate but the nature of pre-determined stadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Based on the ticket sale figures we've been hearing, the RDS and Ravenhill would have been perfect capacity.
    Its a chance to play an Irish game in Limerick. Not many are played there. We shouldn't, if moving Irish games from the Aviva, be playing them in the RDS. Play them outside Dublin. Ravenhill was unavailable for this week.
    I would have thought this was the perfect game for a small ground with €5 ticket prices, bring-a-kid-for-free type affair.

I find the way the games lately have been divvied up is a bit weird: I mean the Pro 12 final in Belfast between Munster & Glasgow??
    Maybe not €5 a ticket but all clubs in Limerick, Clare, Tipperary all offered discounted tickets, help to pay for buses to get crowd to game

This is first year pro12 will have a final venue set early in the season. It just happened to be Munster Glasgow in Belfast. I think in time it will be better than top ranked team getting a home final if done right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

The Pro 12 obviously had no idea the final would be between Munster & Glasgow, it could just as easily have been Munster/Ulster. It's just like the Champions Cup final, unfortunate but the nature of pre-determined stadia.

I undertand that for the ECC, where it's on a bigger stage and involves travelling fans etc. Given the scale of the Pro 12, I honestly reckon they could leave the final venue until after the semi finals. I would find it plain weird if the Super Rugby final venue was pre-ordained: good luck getting people out to Eden Park to watch the Brumbies play the Stormers...

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I undertand that for the ECC, where it's on a bigger stage and involves travelling fans etc. Given the scale of the Pro 12, I honestly reckon they could leave the final venue until after the semi finals. I would find it plain weird if the Super Rugby final venue was pre-ordained: good luck getting people out to Eden Park to watch the Brumbies play the Stormers...

I don't think it's possible to organise it in 1 week.

There is a lot of things that happen in the background that are organised ages in advance. I am pretty sure Belfast City Council are involved next week in some capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Because it's not a big game!!!

Based on the team selected if munster were not involved in the playoffs then some of the munster irish contingent would play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Based on the team selected if munster were not involved in the playoffs then some of the munster irish contingent would play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Its a chance to play an Irish game in Limerick. Not many are played there. We shouldn't, if moving Irish games from the Aviva, be playing them in the RDS. Play them outside Dublin. Ravenhill was unavailable for this week.

I'm not advocating keeping the games in Dublin at all, was only responding to the poster who claimed the RDS is too small so it was "open and shut" for Thomond based purely on capacity, but that's not really the case.

This match was announced before the Pro12 final was fixed for Ravenhill too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

that's crap it's in Thomond , why's Jamie playing so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

duckysauce wrote: »
    that's crap it's in Thomond , why's Jamie playing so

Ffs, this match was announced 7 months ago!

Ffs, this match was announced 7 months ago!

and your quote was ##

5. Even if Munster weren't in the final of the league, no big stars would be on the panel.

• Advertisement

so why ****e about Jamie

What I'm trying to say is, Ireland are not taking the game too seriously. Yes your beloved Jamie Heaslip is on the team but just because he's in it doesn't mean they're taking it serious, it just means he's filling a role.

What I'm trying to say is, Ireland are not taking the game too seriously. Yes your beloved Jamie Heaslip is on the team but just because he's in it doesn't mean they're taking it serious, it just means he's filling a role.

jesus as a munster supporter that's ****in sad , do you know what's going on with teams ?

Less of your Jesus I've never spoke to people on this website that couldn't wrap their head around something until today.

Less of your Jesus I've never spoke to people on this website that couldn't wrap their head around something until today.

all 14 posts :D

Ps I am a munster supporter

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think we've exceeded our daily nonsense quota. Advanced Ghost and duckysauce drop it please.

duckysauce wrote: »
    all 14 posts :D

Ps I am a munster supporter

Less of the rising please and thank you, I genuinely don't want to fight and just want to talk about the game but every thing I say is questioned multiple times and just leads to nonsense and going off topic, I'll be glad when the match is over and the thread dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Sometimes I think that some of the fans on this site appearing to be from one province are actually mischevious fans from another province trying to make them look bad.

If a big reason for this fixture is to raise money for TP maybe it would help them to market it locally as just that, rather than an Irish exhibition game with no local players that people are expected to go out and pay money to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭PIORUN

they seriously priced them selves out of it with this thing and the fixture schedule didn't help either. Next Thursday would have been a far better idea. sure there was always a chance that at least 1 Irish side would get to the pro 12 final..there always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Less of the rising please and thank you, I genuinely don't want to fight and just want to talk about the game but every thing I say is questioned multiple times and just leads to nonsense and going off topic, I'll be glad when the match is over and the thread dies.

Fine, then don't post on this thread again please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If this game was next week and in the aviva they'd sell a lot of tickets...

But it's good to see more games in TP, just pity about the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭atticu

It is also a pity this game is not on RTE.

I don't have SKY.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    If this game was next week and in the aviva they'd sell a lot of tickets...

But it's good to see more games in TP, just pity about the timing.

Tomorrow week in Thomond would be fine tbh. Even if it was on tomorrow I'd probably go. Work through lunch, get off a little early and hop in the car down. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

molloyjh wrote: »
    Tomorrow week in Thomond would be fine tbh. Even if it was on tomorrow I'd probably go. Work through lunch, get off a little early and hop in the car down. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one either.

You? In Thomond?!

My conversion is working.

You? In Thomond?!

Yes. Me. In Thomond. Watching 20 Leinster players and no Munster players. Saying goodbye to 3 Leinster players (Gopperth, Hines & Jennings). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Things Ian Keatley rarely says.

Buer wrote: »

Ouch.

But well played.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The way people are going on, you'd SWEAR Munster didn't have the PRO12 final to play in 2 days time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone know it the Kilmurry Lodge Hotel is running the park and ride today?

Edit: Never mind, it's running. Found the info here: http://thomondpark.ie/ireland-v-barbarians-28-may-2015/

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »

This should get an award. Sensational.

Advertisement