Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

I am based in Mayo, so it is a good way west of Blanchardstown. Was there yesterday ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mayo, or Blanchardstown? ;)
    Well, the night isn't until the 30th of Aug, plenty of time!

Technically both :P

We will se how it goes, and I will keep you posted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mayo is probably closer to me than Cidermans house, & I live in Dublin :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Mayo is probably closer to me than Cidermans house, & I live in Dublin :P

Ah, you see, it's been so long since you attended one you've forgotten where I live.
    Though, at my age, a trip to the shops will often have the same effect :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Now really is the time to be picking up wii games while they're still around and low in price.

same can be said for psp games too

PS3 and 360 titles are starting to free fall as well, especially the earlier stuff.
    We forget sometimes that the 360 is 10 years old in a few short months and considered, by many, to be a current and decent console.
    In fact, by our own twisted logic, it's nearly in the retro pile!
    But the rows of 360 titles seem to hold precious little that's priced at over €20, and there's quite a few bits and bobs to be had, it really was, imho, the last gens PS2, if that doesn't seem weird to suggest.
    The only poop in the porridge was the region locking of so many of it's games, meaning many lovely Shmups relied on modding or expensive importing of compatible consoles to play them.

We originally had a better run of bullet hell shooters in PAL regions than originally in NTSC - U/C. Originally DoDonPachi Resurrection, Deathsmiles and Akai Katana received PAL releases well before the US got theirs. Plus there are a few that are region free.

I don't personally get mod chips added to my consoles but if I did, I would have done my 360 years ago to access games. Outside of the shmups is there any real reason to own a Japanese 360?

For that answer I'll hand you over to the rpg nuts around here.... they'll be along in a minute....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    For that answer I'll hand you over to the rpg nuts around here.... they'll be along in a minute....

RPGs on the 360? :pac:

You say that like the 360 sold more than 5 units in Japan.

• Advertisement

I am sure not being able to understand the game would cause problems with my ability to play the game. I have literally no understanding of Japanese outside of what Hattori Hanzo said in the Kill Bill movies.

I have "Arigato" and "Velly Good!"

Hopefully my first 2 import games will be able to help with that, but for games that are text heavy, the language barrier is something I can't break down (at this point at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Dragon's Crown and Okami Den came this morning, I was waiting ages because it's PlayAsia (nothing unusual there) now to play the waiting game again with the other stuff I bought.

My son is playing Okami right now and loving it.
    I asked him will be he try Okamiden next but he says he doesn't know because you're only a pup in it, rather than the wolf as in the first one.
    He's playing it on the Wii as well.
    Ah, my boy, he has excellent taste, no idea where he gets it from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

My son is playing Okami right now and loving it.
    I asked him will be he try Okamiden next but he says he doesn't know because you're only a pup in it, rather than the wolf as in the first one.
    He's playing it on the Wii as well.
    Ah, my boy, he has excellent taste, no idea where he gets it from!

As a scientific experiment, you should give him a blast of Streets of Rage 2 to evaluate if poor taste is a genetic trait or an inherited one :D

Myrddin wrote: »
    As a scientific experiment, you should give him a blast of Streets of Rage 2 to evaluate if poor taste is a genetic trait or an inherited one :D

I can see a visit from the slap fairy is in order in Chez Myrddin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

My sister is going to America, whhhhhyyyy is the 3DS region locked ;___;

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

marko93 wrote: »
    My sister is going to America, whhhhhyyyy is the 3DS region locked ;___;

GEt her to pick up an american 3DS and get Rune Factory 4 and Shin Megami Tensei 4 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Sera wrote: »
    Dragon's Crown and Okami Den came this morning, I was waiting ages because it's PlayAsia (nothing unusual there) now to play the waiting game again with the other stuff I bought.

Didn't know Okami Den existed.

That cover art is basically Okami given the most kawaii make over ever, that little girl riding him is totally you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Doge wrote: »
    Didn't know Okami Den existed.

Definitely try it out if you can. It's a lot of fun!

I got this at a market yesterday for €1. No manual but for a euro shure where would ya be goin?

E4045714-528B-4147-B038-9DA841150C0D_zpsb9a16fzu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Definitely try it out if you can. It's a lot of fun!

I got this at a market yesterday for €1. No manual but for a euro shure where would ya be goin?

E4045714-528B-4147-B038-9DA841150C0D_zpsb9a16fzu.jpg

No you didn't. It clearly says €44.99 on the case! :-P

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    GEt her to pick up an american 3DS and get Rune Factory 4 and Shin Megami Tensei 4 :P

Is it wrong I'm tempted to ask her to get a 3DS or 2DS to go with my XL :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MrVestek wrote: »
    No you didn't. It clearly says €44.99 on the case! :-P

Not a chance I'd be paying €45 for that :P
    marko93 wrote: »
    Is it wrong I'm tempted to ask her to get a 3DS or 2DS to go with my XL :o

Definitely not, but going back to a regular 3DS after having an XL the screen will look tiny.

Not a chance I'd be paying €45 for that :P

Definitely not, but going back to a regular 3DS after having an XL the screen will look tiny.

It's gotta be fair priced. Could always use a second XL for imports...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Finally got around to getting a cheap pc case from Amazon to put my mame rig into. Most other parts came via Andrew.

Have Hyperspin already running but trying to make the switch from an arcadevga and mame to crt_emudrivers and groovymame which is proving a bit more troublesome.

IMAG0343_zpswd0tkzft.jpg

What's in the cheap box that has no cable management?

Core i5, 6gb ram, Radeon 4890, 1tb hdd.
    I had to add a scythe quiet cpu cooler as the stock one was crazy noisy dealing with all emulation processing!

IMAG0342_zpsbkw8lk0k.jpg

So I spoke about these on another thread.

Picked up ask of this from the rage. All I ended up actually posting for was Street Fighter II and even then I got a fiver off.

The last behind the counter remembered that I was a Dreamcast collector and kept loads of white label games for me and gave them to me for nothing!

My opinion of the rage is slowly changing because of that one dude...

Oh forgive there state of the floor I need to mop :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

So I spoke about these on another thread.

Picked up ask of this from the rage. All I ended up actually posting for was Street Fighter II and even then I got a fiver off.

The last behind the counter remembered that I was a Dreamcast collector and kept loads of white label games for me and gave them to me for nothing!

My opinion of the rage is slowly changing because of that one dude...

Oh forgive there state of the floor I need to mop :-P

There's a WWTBAM Buzz game? This I never knew. Must keep an eye out for it in CEX etc.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    There's a WWTBAM Buzz game? This I never knew. Must keep an eye out for it in CEX etc.

Yep! Have a party to go to at the weekend that it should come in handy for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Yep! Have a party to go to at the weekend that it should come in handy for.
    Aye, looks fun, and they seem to have stock in Liffey Street so I'll pop in after work.

I got Hotel Dusk today, bargain for 6.99 in GS.
    It'll share the shelf with Cape West.
    Good game too, cheap as chips, seems to be a good time to be buying DS games.

• Advertisement

Did another haul today. White Knight Chronicles PS3, Mirrors Edge PS3 and Lost Planet 360 for less than E20. Had to do some manual robbing but ended up with everything being complete.

What is everyones opinion on consolidating the best of multiple copies within the same store? i.e taking the best box without manual and putting the manual from a copy of the same game in a **** box so you get both?
    I got Hotel Dusk today, bargain for 6.99 in GS.
    It'll share the shelf with Cape West.
    Good game too, cheap as chips, seems to be a good time to be buying DS games.

I appear to live near a bad GameStop for DS games. It's all either typical shovelware or overpriced 1st party titles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement