Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The Last Of US
    The Uncharted Series
    Metal Gear 4: Sons Of The Cutscene Patriots
    Jak & Daxter

....I'm sure there's more but that's all I can remember off of the top of my head.
    GTAIV & V if you haven't played those obviously.

*edit*

Where the hell did I get 'Encharted' from. Is that even a word?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The Last Of Us
    Wipeout
    Journey
    Metal Gear Solid IV
    LittlebigPlanet
    Uncharted Trilogy
    GTA V

And if you haven't on PS2:

ICO HD
    Shadow Of The Colossus HD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

MrVestek wrote: »
    The Last Of US
    The Uncharted Series
    Metal Gear 4: Sons Of The Cutscene Patriots
    Jak & Daxter

....I'm sure there's more but that's all I can remember off of the top of my head.
    GTAIV & V if you haven't played those obviously.

*edit*

Where the hell did I get 'Encharted' from. Is that even a word?!

Came with Uncharted 4, MGS4, GTAV, and a bunch more so I'm all over those.

Red Dead Redemption looks like it should be fun too. The Last of Us is already on my shopping list, as is Jak and Daxter now.

Also going to pick up Little Big Planet next time I'm in CEX.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Wipeout
    Excellent shout. One of my favourite series anyway.
    Journey
    That looks beautiful.
    And if you haven't on PS2:

ICO HD
    Shadow Of The Colossus HD
    Duly noted.

Thanks guys. :D

Fifa 14. OBV! :D

• Advertisement

Fifa 14. OBV! :D

The FIFA games that came with it are likely to be traded in, unless my brother wants to keep them. Not my usual cup of tea. No soccer game has since matched the perfection that was Nintendo World Cup.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    The FIFA games that came with it are likely to be traded in, unless my brother wants to keep them. Not my usual cup of tea. No soccer game has since matched the perfection that was Nintendo World Cup.

I wasn't being serious. ;-)

I wasn't being serious. ;-)

I was. Especially about Nintendo World Cup. I must have rented that game from the Computer Game shop in Blackrock Main St about 7 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Portal 2 was a fun game if you haven't already played it. As for the Uncharted series, I don't think they've put out a bad game yet. The soundtrack in Uncharted 2 was brilliant.

I played through most of Infamous when it was free after the PSN was hacked and remember it being pretty good. Certainly worth picking up if you find it cheap.

Keep an eye out for Time Crisis 4 too if you like the series.

I spent a lot of time playing MAG. It was a shame it was online multiplayer only and the servers were only up for around 2 years. The largest game mode had somewhere near 256 players per match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Get Uncharted 2 before you play 3.
    Journey is a masterpiece.
    Disgaea 4.
    Demons' Souls and Dark Souls.
    Hohokum.
    Catherine.
    Yakuza 3/4
    Critter Crunch
    Flower
    Pixeljunk Shooter
    Velocity

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Motorstorm Pacific Rim is cheap and fun.
    Puppeteer is an OK game but looks amazing, also cheap.
    And, unless you have owned them elsewhere, you simply have to buy the essential Orange Box from Valve, simply the most amazing collection of games on one disc, and get Portal 2 while you're at it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Orange Box on PS3 is, if I recall, a crappy port. Play it on PC or 360 if by chance you haven't gotten around to it in the last six or seven years!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Orange Box on PS3 is, if I recall, a crappy port. Play it on PC or 360 if by chance you haven't gotten around to it in the last six or seven years!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I was never into PC gaming :o and my first experience with Half Life was on the 360. The Orange Box on the 360 is a must have, it can be picked up for small money now. If anybody doesn't have it, get it now. I would have to rank it in my top ten favourite games of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Not exclusively a retro get, but I'm sticking to my usual thing of being at least one generation behind.

Game recommendations?
    Dragon's Crown!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nobody should have to play MGS4. Stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nobody should have to play MGS4. Stay away!

This saddens me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The fact that the game was so bad saddened me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The fact that the game was so bad saddened me.

I thought the game was fantastic :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Get Uncharted 2 before you play 3.
    Journey is a masterpiece.
    Disgaea 4.
    Demons' Souls and Dark Souls.
    Hohokum.
    Catherine.
    Yakuza 3/4
    Critter Crunch
    Flower
    Pixeljunk Shooter
    Velocity

That's a mighty fine list right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

get the Megadrive Ultimate Collection, it's even got Streets of Rage.

get the Megadrive Ultimate Collection, it's even got Streets of Rage.

But don't let that stop you from buying it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But don't let that stop you from buying it!

In fact buy it exclusively for streets of rage and don't bother with anything else on the disc.

Pick up Gran Turismo 6 for the PS3 if you're into racing sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked up donkey kong country and NBA jam on the snes, I havent played a console in about a year or more, there's my Saturday sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Hotline Miami
    Demons Souls
    Cathrine
    Thomas Was Alone
    Journey
    The Last Of Us
    Uncharted 2+3
    Tekken Revolution (free)

Of the top of my head I'd consider these must haves :) Hotline Miami is on PC too I guess bit has to be played. Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece up there witg dark souls and the last of us imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Went over to the post office at lunch to pick up another CEX order of PS2 goodies.
    • Timesplitters
    • Timesplitters 2
    • Unreal Tournament
    • Half Life
    • Lotus Challenge
    Still to come hopefully tomorrow.
    • Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
    And last but not least is .....
    • Gradius 5 (oh hells yeah!!!, been looking for this for a while now. Paid €12 for it which is a great price compared to everywhere else online)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I love Gradius V but feck do I hate the first boss! He always gets me with a bullet as soon as he starts to rotate.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I love Gradius V but feck do I hate the first boss! He always gets me with a bullet as soon as he starts to rotate.

Ah dont tell me that! I'm no good as it is without really tough first boss fights! :o

Seriously looking forward to it though. Its a game I've had on my radar for quite some time.

Also really looking forward to revisiting Half Life as its been well waaaay too long shall we say since I last played it. I have the orange box unopened too as I was kinda waiting to see could I pick up the first one first.

Gradius Gaiden is worth buying, it's Japan only and for the PS1 but it's a cracking game.
    Other must haves, in my humble opinion at least, are Raiden Project, Raiden DX and G Darius, although that last one can also be found on the excellent Taito Collection on the PS2, on the first volume I think.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Gradius Gaiden is worth buying, it's Japan only and for the PS1 but it's a cracking game.
    Other must haves, in my humble opinion at least, are Raiden Project, Raiden DX and G Darius, although that last one can also be found on the excellent Taito Collection on the PS2, on the first volume I think.

Raiden games are super expensive if I recall correctly.. Dont get me wrong I'm building a nice little PS2 Shmup collection weirdly ( I wasnt planning on buying so many) but its rare that I can justify €40 - €60 on any PS2 game.

Gradius V is generally €40+ online when I've looked for it hence being delighted at €12 from CEX.

G Darius I have on the Taito Collection alright. Class. Love the bosses. Mental looking. On a similar level of crazy as the imo wonderful deathsmiles on 360. Normally I dont particularly like the bullet hell games but deathsmiles is great craic. Gets impossible as you progress to the end though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement