Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    A sealed copy of Pomping World. :o

Worth it for the title of the game alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

It's the best home port of Pang too! :)

Rainbow Islands and Parasol Stars are on my wish list. Have been for ages. Mainly Parasol Stars as I have a thing for it after the whole C64 'thing'. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    It's the best home port of Pang too!

still not the same as playing Super Pang in Bray Bowl though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

still not the same as playing Super Pang in Bray Bowl though.

There is that I guess! :pac:

As far as home ports go it's the best. I think Rainbow Islands and Parasol Stars were too? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Despite trying to not spend anything, I did a bit of game chasing today. I was checking the cex website this morning to see if they had any gamecube memory cards in stock when I noticed this game was in stock in Santry. So I donned my finest Kevlar and took a trip over an got this.

79A5A386-9C38-4261-9655-C172B57C7B49_zpsasignvoh.jpg

Unfortunately it was as I had feared, the NTSC version and not the PAL one which I wanted. But it is complete with a memory card and all the leaflets. The NTSC version also has e-reader features and I do have some Animal Crossing cards already. Just need to get a freeloader or something and I'm good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Unfortunately it was as I had feared, the NTSC version and not the PAL one which I wanted. But it is complete with a memory card and all the leaflets. The NTSC version also has e-reader features and I do have some Animal Crossing cards already. Just need to get a freeloader or something and I'm good to go.
    You could still play it on the Wii though? or would the card reader part not work then

Sera wrote: »
    You could still play it on the Wii though? or would the card reader part not work then

Should still work as it uses the gamecube>GBA cable. It's still be region locked though, no?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's region locked alright but it's a simple console to mod.
    Word of warning, one memory card per region, as it'll banjax your Pal saves if you save a NTSC save to it, don't know why, just does.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Word of warning, one memory card per region, as it'll banjax your Pal saves if you save a NTSC save to it, don't know why, just does.
    I never knew that! EEP! Better keep that in mind, I have 2 cards though thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Despite trying to not spend anything, I did a bit of game chasing today. I was checking the cex website this morning to see if they had any gamecube memory cards in stock when I noticed this game was in stock in Santry. So I donned my finest Kevlar and took a trip over an got this.

79A5A386-9C38-4261-9655-C172B57C7B49_zpsasignvoh.jpg

I was horribly addicted to this and harvest moon for the longest time. I remember the housemate actually suggestion some sort of intervention ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Doge

Today's get was very unexpected, while picking up a card for my parents in the local shopping centre.....

P2ifi6S.jpg

Here's a video of it in action:

No rude jokes about the doge please! :p

Its not often you'd see items like these down here in Bandit country, all yis dubs are spoiled with all the collectibles in the shops Mr. Vestek was giving me a tour of!

QTnBCUj.jpg

Danonino. wrote: »
    I was horribly addicted to this and harvest moon for the longest time. I remember the housemate actually suggestion some sort of intervention ha ha
    I was very addicted to HMIAWL lol "oh it's 6am...should probably sleep but I want to get stuff for Celia"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I never knew that! EEP! Better keep that in mind, I have 2 cards though thankfully

As a new recipient of a GameCube: duly noted. I had no idea!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tom Nook is a thieving git.
    I hate him, but need him.
    DAMN YOU TOM NOOK!

Tom Nook is a thieving git.
    I hate him, but need him.
    DAMN YOU TOM NOOK!
    Resetti, he's the one to hate ... he made me cry (;n; ) what a ****

Resetti, he's the one to hate ... he made me cry (;n; ) what a ****

There's a warning in the wii version manual that some children may find him upsetting and disturbing :P

There's a warning in the wii version manual that some children may find him upsetting and disturbing :P
    He's optional on the 3DS thankfully, phew! I dreaded him, the text just went on forever, no matter what I did it took like 10 mins to get out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

Nice one, and welcome to the Arcade and Retro forum!

Thanks Ciderman, it's the first forum I have commented in since coming to Ireland. It's nice to see a community that's always live here.

More pickups over the weekend. I got Trauma Center: New Blood, Trauma Center: Second Opinon and Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure for 4 euro a pop. All boxed and complete, including Club Nintendo codes. I know it's all not strictly retro but I have been finding more good Wii games for great prices than any other system at the moment.

I did find Destroy All Humans! 2 for PS2 for a euro without manual, but the disc is in great condition.

BCGMatt wrote: »
    Thanks Ciderman, it's the first forum I have commented in since coming to Ireland. It's nice to see a community that's always live here.

More pickups over the weekend. I got Trauma Center: New Blood, Trauma Center: Second Opinon and Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure for 4 euro a pop. All boxed and complete, including Club Nintendo codes. I know it's all not strictly retro but I have been finding more good Wii games for great prices than any other system at the moment.

I did find Destroy All Humans! 2 for PS2 for a euro without manual, but the disc is in great condition.

Now really is the time to be picking up wii games while they're still around and low in price.

Now really is the time to be picking up wii games while they're still around and low in price.

You know this. I may have missed the boat on SNES by a long time, but 6th and 7th gen are the perfect generations to invest in collecting now. Games (or a majority of which) are cheap, and they're also readily available.

Mind you, same can be said for the Mega Drive at the moment. So easy to amass a big MD boxed collection for next to nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

You know this. I may have missed the boat on SNES by a long time, but 6th and 7th gen are the perfect generations to invest in collecting now. Games (or a majority of which) are cheap, and they're also readily available.

Mind you, same can be said for the Mega Drive at the moment. So easy to amass a big MD boxed collection for next to nothing.

As a 19 year old fairly new to collecting, Im actually finding it pretty hard to find a Megadrive at a decent price. There's a lot of games I used to love playing on that though, Earthworm Jim used to scare the **** out of me lol.

TheStook wrote: »
    As a 19 year old fairly new to collecting, Im actually finding it pretty hard to find a Megadrive at a decent price. There's a lot of games I used to love playing on that though, Earthworm Jim used to scare the **** out of me lol.

If you have any local car boot sales, they would be my first bet. Other than that try places like Adverts.ie or Done Deal for local. If you are still having issues, ebay auctions are good to watch and if you have friends in the UK they always float around on Amazon (but a lot of places don't ship to Ireland, as I have found out).

Make sure you go for a model 1 though, the sound is better quality and it's built better. That's my advice, but I still need to get a model 1 myself :S

Just picked a lovely DSi XL for myself, boxed and complete, for €50.
    Nearly there in terms of the Nintendo handheld collection, just a launch 3DS to pick up, again, and I have pretty much everything, barring the Pikachu thingy, I know someone on Adverts has one, must see.....
    But the XL is lovely, I think I know where I'll be spending the rest of my Wii Points this evening!

Well, be sure to come along to the Arcade and Retro get together in mine at the end of the month, should be a blast and you get to put faces to all those names you see on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Question, will you actually use the DSi XL or just one for the collection?

I'm eyeing up some handhelds myself, but I just know I won't really use them.

EDIT: Moaaar pics :P

I am going to use it for DSi Ware titles, there seems to be quite a few I have missed and I've a few thousand points waiting to be spent.
    And it will slot right into the collection as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

...you get to put faces to all those names you see on the forum.

Also very handy the next time Crimewatch is on the tv! :P

Seriously though, it is nice to see new names posting in A&R, whether they're new to collecting (or boards) or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Ah right, seems like another bunch of games I missed ;___;

Well, be sure to come along to the Arcade and Retro get together in mine at the end of the month, should be a blast and you get to put faces to all those names you see on the forum.

Sounds like a nice plan, but it all depends on location really. I am based in the west myself.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a nice plan, but it all depends on location really. I am based in the west myself.

West of...
    Swords?
    Dublin?
    Well, you are actually West of Dublin, just a bit further than Blanchardstown and Lucan... A little bit....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement