Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

BCGMatt wrote: »
    What is everyones opinion on consolidating the best of multiple copies within the same store? i.e taking the best box without manual and putting the manual from a copy of the same game in a **** box so you get both?

Sounds like a plan, I would always check the game before leaving the shop anyway, to make sure the game is ok, make sure the manual is included.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The japanese seller difference:

318441.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

It's always nice if you can get future purchases without Ebay clawing their 10% of the listing price, seems like a decent seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Some recent ps1 acquisitions. Aquanaut's Holiday looked pretty strange so will be interesting to see what it's like

20140814_201030.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice haul. NTSC as well, much better than PAL ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Aquanauts Holiday, very good.
    The PS was as commercial a console as ever there was but it was such a fertile ground for mental games, I'm still hoping to find Harmful Park at non harmful prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Aquanauts Holiday, very good.
    The PS was as commercial a console as ever there was but it was such a fertile ground for mental games

The Wii's shaping up to be along the same lines (though, admittedly, smaller), after the tidal waves of shovelware slowly recede to give way to a number of titles that immediately beg the question '....and they knew which platform they were developing for, right?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nice haul. NTSC as well, much better than PAL ****e.

Its not that bad... Got clock tower 1 NTSC , last month quite fun xD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got this today. I don't think it's supposed to be good but for pocket change it's worth a go.

D7743AE6-B77A-4804-BEAF-E5D2221C51BD_zps1njbo7tv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I got this today. I don't think it's supposed to be good but for pocket change it's worth a go.

D7743AE6-B77A-4804-BEAF-E5D2221C51BD_zps1njbo7tv.jpg

Not supposed to be good. XCOM EU is fantastic though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,531 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Back in the day, my cousin bought a Super Famicom game called Rushing Beat - we played the hell out of it 2 player. It's a bit of a Final Fight clone but we thought it was great. Made by Jaleco.

Only recently did I discover via Hardcoregaming101 that there were two sequels :eek:

Just picked up the second game from Hit Japan. Looked into getting the PAL vesrions but they've some absolutely awful box art/localizations.

RushingbeatRun_zps2ed64dd0.jpg

Also picked this up, been meaning to buy it ever since Retr0 made me aware of it's existence :pac:

Sailormoon_zpse00bb149.jpg

Super Famicom is the way to go for the artwork, but Retro recommending Sailor Moon, I never would have guessed.:rolleyes:
    state%2Bof%2Bme.jpg

Such an awesome photo.
    Future generations of A&R forum users will be seeing it long after we have gone off into that big Arcade in the sky, where all the games are on freeplay, you know, where all the little calculators go....

But... Sailor Moon is genuinely great :( It's hilarious.

That one there is the first Sailor Moon game. There's another one called Sailor Moon R which is a good bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

I have received the first 2 pictures of my impending birthday delivery.

Lots of complete games (including one that is still factory sealed) and one console.

Boy am I excited!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That one there is the first Sailor Moon game. There's another one called Sailor Moon R which is a good bit better.

In fairness I do follow up on a lot of your recommendations, they're always well justified. I just pass on anything cd-i based. Must look into them Sailor Moon games sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Must look into them Sailor Moon games sometime soon.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sailor_Moon_video_games
    I played a lot of this one

but I still dunno what it's officially called, the last time I looked for it I ended up with the fighting game. The last ones I got for Retr0 were RPG kinda ones you needed text for afaik.

Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R are the steets of rage type games.

Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon Super S are the Street Fighter ones.

There's also Sailor Moon: Another Story which is a RPG and bizarrely got a PAL release in French. It's supposed to be pretty good and there's a fan translation

Those are the SNES games. There's a 3DO game and a Saturn PS1 game, well maybe two, but they don't look very good.

There's also a streets of Rage type arcade Sailor Moon game which is decent enough and one of the streets of rage type games came out on the mega drive.

Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R on the SNES aren't the best games but they are good fun in two player and very cheap. Sailor Moon R is a big improvement on the first game. I wasn't impressed with Sailor Mars in the first game. She's the worst character since her throw is dreadful for crowd control. How could they do that to Rei, she's my favourite!!!

The gameboy games are a bit weird. Not sure what is going on in them and the first puzzle you get to is a sliding picture puzzle, bleurgh!

Early morning get from the Netherlands. Hope I did my research and its in English, not German!

318835.jpg

Master of the Universe

That's weird, I was only looking into getting that over the weekend. Didn't realize the PAL UK release was so super limited.

Are the EU copies multi lingual?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

How do you know by the cart if it's in English Retr0?

There was quite a few multi lingual games, Nintendo have it's EU HQ in Germany so a lot of RPGs got German versions like Terranigma.

You can tell the language from the two codes under the seal of quality. Usually German ones have made in Japan there however just do a bit of research to see what the right code is. Different languages have different codes there. A good tell is very cheap versions of the game from German sellers!

The PAL and NTSC version of Harvest Moon is very limited. It did really well for Natsume but has a big fanbase and not many copies of it to go around. It was an extremely late release on the SNES, 1997 in US and 1998 in Europe.

Master of the Universe

German games also seem to have 'PAL Version' written on them under the seal of quality. I remember that was a good way to tell the difference between an English and a German Terranigma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Been a while since I posted, so here's what I've been collecting lately:

All CIB.

Robocop vs Terminator (MD)
    Terminator (MD)
    Super Street fighter II Turbo Revival (GBA)
    Altered Beast (MD)
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 (GBA)
    System Rush (N-Gage) <-- I only need 3 more N-Gage titles to complete the collection, however these 3 games cost a bomb.
    Shadow Warriors [Ninja Gaiden] (NES)
    Blues Brothers (C64)
    Batman (C64)

Picked up Killer Is Dead on PS3 and Sorcery Saga on Vita, Deals have those stands for PS3 as well, have a good bit more room now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Sera wrote: »
    Picked up Killer Is Dead on PS3 and Sorcery Saga on Vita, Deals have those stands for PS3 as well, have a good bit more room now.

How much was killer is dead and where'd you pick it up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got this today, going to try my hand at fixing an arcade pcb or two..

I have on the way to get me started

WWE Wrestlefest with a graphics glitch
    Boot Bubble Bobble, no sound, im gonna try using those newly released roms on it
    Sunsetriders ,which was listed as faulty but then updated to working.

20140818_160246.jpg

Master of the Universe

Good luck! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

o1s1n wrote: »
    Good luck! :)

Ill probably end up wrecking everything, if my pcb fixing is anything like my soldering its gonna get messy.

• Advertisement

How much was killer is dead and where'd you pick it up?
    tumblr_lq5nabFxSN1r1kjqio1_500.gif
    Jkjk
    Play Asia, it's a Chinese English version http://m.play-asia.com/killer-is-dead-japanese-english-chinese-version-paOS-13-49-en-70-3j04.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement