Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Student paramedic 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

JBB2020 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice on the interview.... I have to say I'm feeling the nerves already and it's more than a week away!!

I don't have a great track record with interviews :(

My interview is exactly one week away now. So nervous. I have my scenarios picked and they are different from what I put down on the application as I think I've gotten more experience since then.

I really hope I manage to get on the panel, I've never wanted a job so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Jimmy113

Shau_98 wrote: »
    My interview is exactly one week away now. So nervous. I have my scenarios picked and they are different from what I put down on the application as I think I've gotten more experience since then.

As long as you’re prepared and know your examples inside out and you do your research into NAS and it’s structure you should be fine. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JBB2020

I'm hanging onto a saying my granny used to say "if it's meant for you, it won't pass you by!"

I think we definitely want it so fingers crossed it's meant for us :)

Does anyone know if order of interview or candidate number has an bearing on placement?

My interview is late in the week and I have quite a candidate number.... I'm driving myself cracked!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MN_Medic

Does anyone know if order of interview or candidate number has an bearing on placement?

My interview is late in the week and I have quite a candidate number.... I'm driving myself cracked!

They have no bearing on your interview. You'll be scored during the interview and that score will dictate your panel number. There is a minimum score required to get onto the panel.

• Advertisement

Best of luck for next week ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸš‘

• Registered Users Posts: 7 youllfindme_92

Hey guys!
    Just wondering what you mean by "structure " of NAS? I've gone through the role, my competencies and prepared extra.

I was told if you've previous First Aid ex they may ask you what you would do in a certain scenario. Eg you've found a man on the floor beside a ladder, what would you do? You're answering for your current clinical level. So scene safe, BSI, remove from danger if safe, call ASL.

Best of luck to everyone doing interviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

Hey guys!
    Just wondering what you mean by "structure " of NAS? I've gone through the role, my competencies and prepared extra.

I was told if you've previous First Aid ex they may ask you what you would do in a certain scenario. Eg you've found a man on the floor beside a ladder, what would you do? You're answering for your current clinical level. So scene safe, BSI, remove from danger if safe, call ASL.

for structure i was asked about how many chiefs per region, assistant chiefs resource managers etx, command structure so to speak and how many ambulances (prob icv now to) in the region on a daily basis. I'm am not exactly sure if that is what i was asked but it is what i answered and went ok.

Hey guys!

I had a look on the NAS site and knew the chain of command so to speak. I knew what the NAS fleet consisted of and how many types of vehicles they had and what they were usually assigned to.

Anyone have their interview today?

• Advertisement

Mines tomorrow evening!

Thanks guys!

Has anyone else had trouble with the NAS website? I'm looking for information but a lot of there pages are inaccessible.

Thanks guys!

Has anyone else had trouble with the NAS website? I'm looking for information but a lot of there pages are inaccessible.

Yeah. It has been like that for a while! :(

Yeah. It has been like that for a while! :(

Such a pain!
    Have you any idea about NAS Structure? I can't find any info on it bar Martin Dunne is head of it. 🙄

Such a pain!
    Have you any idea about NAS Structure? I can't find any info on it bar Martin Dunne is head of it. 🙄

It seems to work on mobile but not on my laptop

Had my interview! Thought they were all friendly. I think it went well and I came out smiling so that's good.

Any idea on the time frame between interviews and panel placement?

Had my interview! Thought they were all friendly. I think it went well and I came out smiling so that's good.

Any idea on the time frame between interviews and panel placement?

Well done. Good to have it over with. I was told fairly quickly but that was due to the delay COVID had caused. Did they give any idea when the next class was going in?

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Well done. Good to have it over with. I was told fairly quickly but that was due to the delay COVID had caused. Did they give any idea when the next class was going in?

No mention of classes or anything!

That's great. Had mine too and they were lovely. Really helped me along.

Next class is in September. They are taking on 100 students. I

Thanks for the info. Great to know when the next class is going in. Did they say when the results of the interviews would be out?

• Advertisement

Did they say how many are left on the last panel?

I wonder will it be earlier than September as the current class are going out on their placements on Monday for 2 months.

I wonder will it be earlier than September as the current class are going out on their placements on Monday for 2 months.

Maybe. You deferred the Last round? I'm assuming the last panel all need to be placed before this panel!

Maybe. You deferred the Last round? I'm assuming the last panel all need to be placed before this panel!

Yes, I needed to due to family circumstances. I’m sure a lot of the panel was used up the last time but I’m hoping I should be in a good place for the next offering, fingers crossed!!

So they are releasing interview results within 10 working days, I asked recruitment and that's what they said.

If there is a class on placement maybe the will be taking some sooner. Who knows!

Good luck everyone and hopefully we all get on the panel.

The people interivewing were lovely and really did help. Was so nervous they would be very serious but they were so nice and maybe me feel at ease straight away.

So they are releasing interview results within 10 working days, I asked recruitment and that's what they said.

If there is a class on placement maybe the will be taking some sooner. Who knows!

Good luck everyone and hopefully we all get on the panel.

The people interivewing were lovely and really did help. Was so nervous they would be very serious but they were so nice and maybe me feel at ease straight away.
    That’s exactly how I felt too. They were not there to catch you out. At least it’s all moving again.

Yes, I needed to due to family circumstances. I’m sure a lot of the panel was used up the last time but I’m hoping I should be in a good place for the next offering, fingers crossed!!

Hopefully you'll get your place this time around! Good luck.

Does the interview results come by post or is it over email?

Does the interview results also state the panel number or is there another wait for that?

Does the interview results come by post or is it over email?

Does the interview results also state the panel number or is there another wait for that?

I got mine by mail the last time.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info. Great to know when the next class is going in. Did they say when the results of the interviews would be out?

No problem. I think September is earliest they'll take people.

Also, you could email hr and find out where you are on the panel. Your place will have moved up as students accepted.

I was told that there's very little on current panel. Not enough to make up a class. That's the reason for recruitment.

Advertisement