Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭liamtech

apparently its called destiny so - i dont mind - it was never gonna be called STAR TREK PICARD!!!!

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Do not call It Destiny
    Do not call It Destiny
    Do not call It Destiny
    Do not call It Destiny
    Do not call It Destiny
    Do not call It Destiny

Why not? I know there is some Star Trek books called Destiny but they are not canon so whats the harm.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Data must be the best remembered character from TNG apart from Picard, right? That would be a strong motivation to include him somehow, even though the character is dead. Even if he wasn't, the whole actor aging thing presents a bit of a problem to using him again.

In the episode where his mother showed up they said he would age as well like she did so that is ok
    exact quote :pac:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108717643&postcount=240

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

liamtech wrote: »
    apparently its called destiny so - i dont mind - it was never gonna be called STAR TREK PICARD!!!!

Series of Star Trek books called Destiny. Think there is also a fan film called Destiny and a fan mod game called Destiny.

I actually liked the Idea of Picard for show title.

And we already have STD (Star Trek: Discovery)

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm gonna stick with it being DSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Rawr

And we already have STD (Star Trek: Discovery)

Which you just know they are regretting :)
    I get the feeling that they caught onto it during writing and then thought...
    "S-T-D....oh crap! :eek: We have to change that!! Erm....D-DIS? Discov? Dis-co? Disco! Get them to keep saying Disco! Maybe people won't notice!"

Rawr wrote: »
    Which you just know they are regretting :)
    I get the feeling that they caught onto it during writing and then thought...
    "S-T-D....oh crap! :eek: We have to change that!! Erm....D-DIS? Discov? Dis-co? Disco! Get them to keep saying Disco! Maybe people won't notice!"

Can only imagine how bad Klingon Herpes would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

AMKC wrote: »
    Why not? I know there is some Star Trek books called Destiny but they are not canon so whats the harm.

Because its confusing, we have Star trek Discovery and on top of that you have Destiny in Stargate Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

There's at least one USS Destiny too.

Ms

How about Star Trek: Crusade or Star Trek: Rebels. I know not really very Star Trekkie that second one. Anyone else think of a better title they could use?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Crusade was a B5 spinoff and might be a little too deus vult for Star Trek. Rebels was a Star Wars cartoon and is a little close to Renegades a Star Trek fan film with a surprising amount of official cast reprising their roles.

How about something latin? That seems very Picard. Iterim or Denuo which mean once more or again have a nice ring to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Destiny i am ok with, to be honest, there is not a title out there that will not get under the skin of someone somewhere ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

AMKC wrote: »
    How about Star Trek: Crusade or Star Trek: Rebels. I know not really very Star Trekkie that second one. Anyone else think of a better title they could use?

Star Trek: The Next Generation. Again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Just call it Star Trek. People already put TOS for the original series. They can just put PV for Picard voyages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Star Trek the Next Next Generation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If true, I assume Destiny is the name of the ship. In which case it’s no better or worse than titles like Discovery, Voyager etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Star Trek the Next Next Generation.

Star Trek: The Nexter Generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Rawr

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Star Trek: The Nexter Generation.

Star Trek: The Nextiest Generation

• Registered Users Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Star Trek: The Next Generation Squared

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Star Trek: So Very Tired.

• Advertisement

Star Trek: Let's try not to mention Spock in this show

Star Trek: Let's try not to mention Spock in this show

I'd say it will mention him very early on. The destruction of Romulus and loss of Ambassador Spock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Star Trek: Yet Another Search for Spock

• Registered Users Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Star Trek: Odyssey

I know there was a USS Odyssey in DS9, what I have in mind is the theme of 'one last hurrah' along the lines of Ulysses by Tennyson.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I'd say it will mention him very early on. The destruction of Romulus and loss of Ambassador Spock.

I'm actually quite curious about this destruction of Romulus.

Is there already a cannon event I've totally forgotten about, possibly on the end of Star Trek: Nemesis?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm actually quite curious about this destruction of Romulus.

Is there already a cannon event I've totally forgotten about, possibly on the end of Star Trek: Nemesis?

It's in the JJ Abrams set of movies where it's the trigger for events.

Spear wrote: »
    It's in the JJ Abrams set of movies where it's the trigger for events.

But the Picard series is based in the Prime Universe? How can the destruction of Romulus impact in the AU change the prime?

But the Picard series is based in the Prime Universe? How can the destruction of Romulus impact in the AU change the prime?
    The destruction of Romulus happened in the Prime Timeline and Nero from the Prime Timeline going into the past and destroying the Kelvin created the Alternate Timeline.

Evade wrote: »
    The destruction of Romulus happened in the Prime Timeline and Nero from the Prime Timeline going into the past and destroying the Kelvin created the Alternate Timeline.

Aha! Thank you for clearing that up, it's been a bloody long time since I saw that movie.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Aha! Thank you for clearing that up, it's been a bloody long time since I saw that movie.

You could check out the Countdown comics as well. They explain it a bit.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement