Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Bed, wide awake because I fell asleep on the couch earlier. (Long day yesterday caught up with me.)
    Purring contented cat beside me and a decent book to read. :)

ah lovely. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bed, happy out. All caught up on suits and have started watching it again. Almost on the 3rd series for the second time. Fleeecy pjs out, heating on all evening. This is my fav time of year.

bed... fell asleep very early so wakeful now. High wind out there and the worst direction for our crossing... not expecting out. But you never know.. I was out at the back with the dog earlier and watched in awe the rip tide current racing across the bay. |Something deeply comforting though...

Online as am all but out of even second reading of books; need the charity shop..

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Also in bed. Now is time to chill :)

ah poor thing. no hot water bottle? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Settling into another sleepless night :eek:

• Advertisement

yawning and cold . The wind howling and the rain battering the roof made for little sleep.. PPOOOOOOOOOR graces! dilapidated,, Think I will abandon the idea of out.. pause as cat becomes rabbit and burrows swiftly under the covers. he is COLD!

Next week is going to be a write off crossing wise... these loud and bad tempered ladies invading from the US....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Didn't get much sleep here either.

Too much to do today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cotside.. I want to poke him awake for the 15 times he had me out of bed last night, until I remembered the new tooth that's coming up and the sore butt along with it and got him drugs.. he doesn't really cry, he just lifts his cpap mask a little and it like someone turned on a hairdryer. It's so annoying yet so effective.

Feet up and stove lit day me thinks..

feeling irrity and deprived as I have cancelled out; feels like defeatism but that mood shows how unwell I am!

Yes cbyrd, definitely a stove lit day.... later.. tucked up a hwb and extra painkillers .....all I need now is something to knit... ;)

Double maths. Feeling physically and mentally drained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Kitchen, enjoying the quietness while it lasts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Post interview snack at McDonald's.
    Went well, I think

Anyone seen Cleopatra around lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Trying to settle my nerves after my first driving lesson in five months with some tea and homemade bread and jam in the comfort of my nanny's kitchen

Abed again... been quietly busy sorting cupboards etc with the influx of groceries yesterday. Love this dwelling but very poor on storage space especially given my knitting and food-hoarding tendencies.

The day has brightened but I was drained after so little sleep with the weather so was wise if very frustrated to stay home,

Reading the forecasts re Helene is... interesting... lol... The dwelling is a sealed unit so at least the roof cannot fly off etc. And very firmly concreted in. I have blocked off the door. There was drama last year that almost killed me. It opens outwards and the spring stopping it going too far broke when a ferocious gust hit as I was opening it. The gale threw the door with me attached against the outside wall, the impact throwing me off so I skidded full length at speed along the concrete path. Another few inches and my head would have met a wall. As it was all I got was a long graze on one thigh. Someone Up There loves me... So there are now huge rocks etc to limit the door. All in place ready.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Post interview snack at McDonald's.
    Went well, I think

Anyone seen Cleopatra around lately?

That wan is causing mayhem in the UK so has no time for boards :D
    She's grand and will be glad to know she's thought of x

I'm in work. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bed with a cuppa. Was thinking of taking a walk to the college today to familiarise myself with it, but today's a bit miserable. Might head out in between the showers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Grace what kind of books do you like?? I have loads here so I'll send some your way :)

Now carside listening to the radio :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Work, wrecked. Had to peel myself out of bed today with the promise of napping in work on my break. The only solace I could console myself with getting up at 6:30.
    I got no nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Supermacs outside tipperary town.....head back home after my trip to kilkenny/waterford....a rare breed down that part lol lol

Autosport wrote: »
    Grace what kind of books do you like?? I have loads here so I'll send some your way :)

Now carside listening to the radio :)

Ah please.. thank you,, wrecked just now as been out in the wind so will message later?

• Advertisement

Work, wrecked. Had to peel myself out of bed today with the promise of napping in work on my break. The only solace I could console myself with getting up at 6:30.
    I got no nap.

(((HUGS)))

Much the same here; the wind and rain stopped all thought of sleep last night. Hope the evening is kind to you - and you kind to you too...

In from out. Poor dog gets cabin fever... timed in between deluges and she went crazy.... racing along... took a bag and about 1lb berries, but they are dwindling here now and the wind is ferocious. Amazing hot sun on my back though. The birds have been at the rose hips - unless some human has been along! MY HEDGE! Stripped they are. Dog will rest better now.

Bus. Panic attack. **** **** **** :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Inside trying to decide on what to have for dinner. I've a nice piece of salmon for Mrs S, but too much choice for myself.

Also, finally opening today's post and there's some exciting and welcome news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Home on the computater.

Where am I not? On my first night back in college for the first time in FOUR YEARS!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading for the kitchen, starved of the hunger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Graces message me too re books please!

Bed. Absolutely floating on a sea of pain and anti inflammatory meds. The doctor whom the receptionist felt the need to warn me about was lovely. It was a woman and very sweet, really listened and didn't rush me at all. No idea what receptionist was on about.

Now for a daytime nap. A rare luxury with a toddler around!

Whispered wrote: »
    Graces message me too re books please!

Bed. Absolutely floating on a sea of pain and anti inflammatory meds. The doctor whom the receptionist felt the need to warn me about was lovely. It was a woman and very sweet, really listened and didn't rush me at all. No idea what receptionist was on about.

Now for a daytime nap. A rare luxury with a toddler around!

sorry you are hurting like that.. not a pleasant experience..

And thank you in advance...

Heading for the kitchen, starved of the hunger

You got hollow legs :D I had a brother like that.

in bed for the night here... great feeling..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Graces7 wrote: »
    sorry you are hurting like that.. not a pleasant experience..

And thank you in advance...

She prescribed soluble tablets with codine and they worked within minutes. Brilliant things.

Currently sitting by the stove in the kitchen with the mutts. BigDog is looking after me and sitting ever so close, LittleDog is snoring in BigDogs bed. It's so cosy here. I think we made the right move.
    Husband is in bed with the toddler but I've been promised a spicy curry later.

Speaking of curry, Graces, you often say you like traditional and plain food, what's the most exotic thing you've ever eaten?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement