Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Sitting trying to make my mind up. It's a young fella up the road's birthday tomorrow (60) and he's retiring too, so I'd like to get him a gift. I'm torn between two things....

Think I'll just hit town in a while and hope for Devine inspiration when I'm there.

Must choose the traditional clock so he can keep to a timetable!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

gifted wrote:
    Heading to waterford tomorrow for work ffs...actually it's on the border of kilkenny and waterford...worse again lol lol

Watch out for that Auto one down those parts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »
    ask smurfjed! charter a flight?

Now there's an idea!
    Things aren’t that grim!

Ohhh Burrnnn :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Watch out for that Auto one down those parts.

I think she's the one does the watching in fairness...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In the cot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

wildwillow wrote: »
    Must choose the traditional clock so he can keep to a timetable!!!!

The abominable clock or watch at retirement. :eek: :)

I haven't worn a watch in 20 years.

Went for a nice gin with a selection of 'different' tonics, as he was very taken with a similar gift I got recently.

Putting the coffee on. Home alone, so if anybody fancies coffee, biscuits and coffee cake, get here in the next quarter of an hour.

In work thinking about my impending birthday/holiday and wondering if I could redirect the flights towards the Bermuda Triangle instead and just disappear

It's just a number, another day. Chin up and take life and world by storm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It’s a whole decade. I’m basically going to age 10 years.
    But sure look. Could be worse. Could be about to turn 40.

In work, grateful I’m not about to turn 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

NO YOU ARE NOT! Older by one day... You are a spring chicken.. I will never forget the day I turned 70 and could no longer deny old age.... had been doing so for years. Was filling in a form that asked my date of birth and it clicked into place SEVENTY YEARS,.... nearly adding the next decade now and you know what? Every day is a gift and a blessing and every day I learn something new and precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

.......In work, grateful I’m not about to turn 40.

What wouldnt I give to be about to turn 40 again :o

Deskside........about to scald a tea bag ( one from Mr Barry )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In work thinking about my impending birthday/holiday and wondering if I could redirect the flights towards the Bermuda Triangle instead and just disappear
    Srameen wrote: »

To think I almost liked you....turning 45 on Monday and am scared sh*tless. I think I was able to deny that I was old until now. Dammit. 

I also want to go to the Bermuda Triangle or at least stay here but nope, have to go back to the old sod for a few weeks. Only good thing about it is getting to see my family and friends. Otherwise don't think it would bother me if I never set foot in Ireland again. 

Boyfriend asked me what I would like for my birthday and told him a massage coz am too poor these days to get them myself and my back is fecked. But just thinking, I should wind him up a bit and tell him that there is an Irish birthday tradition and make up something. 
    Any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

0lddog wrote: »
    about to scald a tea bag ( one from Mr Barry )

My man! *high five*

Deskside counting down the minutes to lunch!

Witchie wrote: »
    To think I almost liked you....turning 45 on Monday and am scared sh*tless. I think I was able to deny that I was old until now. Dammit. 

I also want to go to the Bermuda Triangle or at least stay here but nope, have to go back to the old sod for a few weeks. Only good thing about it is getting to see my family and friends. Otherwise don't think it would bother me if I never set foot in Ireland again. 

Boyfriend asked me what I would like for my birthday and told him a massage coz am too poor these days to get them myself and my back is fecked. But just thinking, I should wind him up a bit and tell him that there is an Irish birthday tradition and make up something. 
    Any ideas?

45 is not old! Grow up !!!!! if you see what I mean!

abed.... half asleep....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Have the stalker set up ready for gifted :D:D

Now carside listening to the radio

My friends husband has been released from hospital and is in a back brace but has to go back tomorrow and they are going to see how his back is holding up. Thank you guys/gals ye are the best and you know I love you all a big big hug and

Hand drop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

In the kitchen making a bite to eat. I have just sat down, visitors for the weekend, so had to do a clean up. Looks like rain at the minute.

If anyone breathes in this house between now and tomorrow, they're out. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

In a maths free. Browsing Boards for a brief second as I take a break from doing homework. The class is loud, but no one talks to me so I have my peace.

40s are great!
    Every decade gets better then the one before!

bubblypop wrote: »
    40s are great!

Amen! to that.

bubblypop wrote: »
    40s are great!

Ah so true. Even now approaching 80 that is true. Witchie; enjoy! Your only real enemy is regret . It really is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ah so true. Even now approaching 80 that is true. Witchie; enjoy! Your only real enemy is regret . It really is.

In from out.... What a wind out there. The van arrived with the shopping. They had overloaded a huge box and it had thrown up all over the drive.... chickens, all, frozen fish! A scattering! The cats were very interested and as for dog..

So all is safe and the usual fitting everything into the freezer is done.. Makes me grateful for my childhood total craze for jigsaw puzzles.. ;) The van is away and we are sorted for dry goods etc. I am stocked with big bags of flour for bread etc if need be. Porridge oats...Butter, cooking fat..Tomorrow is an extra. They go over anyways as M collects the pensions for those who cannot get. So much simple practical kindness here.

But that wind is cutting, wild. They were sure of today but a question over tomorrow. Only once has he got it wrong, that day in late October when an unforecast storm rolled in and I was stranded on the mainland.. Sat in the car that was rocking in the wind.... ay me!

Towelling off after a sudden downpour but it's brightening up outside already, so back out I go. Decided to tidy the garage and nearly sorry I started, as it's proving to be a bigger jog than anticipated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Couch. Would love a cuddle and some tlc. But still contagious so I'm on my lonesome. Not that there'd be anyone here for the job.

Peasant wagon

La.de.da wrote: »
    Couch. Would love a cuddle and some tlc. But still contagious so I'm on my lonesome. Not that there'd be anyone here for the job.

(((HUGS)))

Not even a cat? Ah that is hard :eek: Mind you my three are spark out on the bed... But if I said YUM YUM.... suddenly they would all wake..

La.de.da wrote: »

Me too La. It would be lovely to be minded just now and then. We can cuddle each other :)

I'm in bed. Worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Thanks. For. That. :(
    On the couch lamenting that I'll be 40 in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Home, back from the city centre. Didn't actually intend to go to the city, only meant to go to the post office to send a card for my mam's birthday and then just have a wander around, but ended up in the city. Having everything so close is so good :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Someone used the toilet and left a smell that would make a gargoyle cry...one of the girls at work has a dicky tum and went to use it...started to retch when the "aroma" wafted up to her and she ran to her car and has driven home to use her own loo :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement