Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Condo? You must be in the States, right, Witchie? :cool: Please say you are!!

Am in the wonderful, slightly Americanized with it's condos and malls, beautiful city of Kuala Lumpur.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Sitting on my balcony, reading a book and having a coffee, watching the monks collect alms below.

2yvT48Rl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Awake about an hour.... weird night...went to work at 11pm to meet someone and we got very hands on...came home and had to listen to a dog crying constantly until 2.30 until someone came home...and then I had to listen to her drunken ramblings until past 3
    Soooo...I'm sat here and I'm a seething mass of rage...I'll be notifying the council about the dog....I'll also have a little face to face with them next door (they haven't spoken to me in 2 years as this happened before with 3 bischon frieses they kept )
    Other than that... just lieng in bed about to watch some rugby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Morning all.... chilly here. Lovely and quiet though... bliss

I realised last night that I HAVE BEEN ROBBED!

This may sound crazy but this IS a small island and things are unique here.. :):D:pac:

Someone has literally stripped my lovely rose hedge of hips! Every last one gone....It is about 25 metres from the house....

On the side behind a fence, still some, ; I found the fence had been taken down a week or so ago and had made it as good as I could but there was a path there made by intruders... but the accessible part is.... bald.

It came back to me that the evening before, around 7 pm, I had heard shouting on the lane. Was abed and did not go out; had anyone needed help they would have come to the door and they all have cell phones, the few we are here . Two voices, two men. People do NOT shout here. Any differences are sorted quietly... cannot afford bad blood on an island this size, living isolated from the outside.

So we think that one was stealing MY ROSE HIPS and the other came along and bawled him out!l Literally.... He would have been welcome to them of course.

My poor bald rose hedge! roflol!

Awake about an hour.... weird night...went to work at 11pm to meet someone and we got very hands on...came home and had to listen to a dog crying constantly until 2.30 until someone came home...and then I had to listen to her drunken ramblings until past 3
    Soooo...I'm sat here and I'm a seething mass of rage...I'll be notifying the council about the dog....I'll also have a little face to face with them next door (they haven't spoken to me in 2 years as this happened before with 3 bischon frieses they kept )
    Other than that... just lieng in bed about to watch some rugby :)

GOOD FOR YOU! maggots...( them not thee)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sat in my living room trying to organize a biker ride out for a little lad who is on burrowed time.

Link HERE if there's any bikers reading and want to make it a very special night for the young fella

Then heading out to do my usual Saturday morning 5k Parkrun (Parkrun.ie if anyone is interested in running & fun)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Packing a small rucksack for a hill walking trip today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting ready for work. I’ve no idea how I cope with the excitement of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Sitting in the kitchen, waiting for my visitors to get up. It looks like it will be a nice day, they'll be off to a wedding later, so hopefully it stays fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm so jealous. :D

Waiting on my lift. I was driving myself but got a call from a friend who said he'd collect me, as he's passing en route anyway.

• Advertisement

But it is SATURDAY?

smurfjed wrote: »
    Enjoying a cold beer on the Atlantic coast.

&grace, post man should be heading your way if i find a post office tomorrow

Your halo is on its way... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Underneath the city of Lisbon in the metro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside in Leeds. Not sure what my plans for the day are, perhaps do a bit of shopping, we shall see

In my usual bar for the football for the last time for a while.

Found my dream apartment today and it's below my budget so when I come back next month I hope to move. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Finishing off the last of the household chores, get lunch ready and then off to meet friends in the pub for an afternoon of watching the racing and a few pints, dinner prepared and stove ready to be sparked up for when we get home this evening

bed, frustrated as I was intending to pick berries and sort the garden .... southerly winds that are on the way to being a gale. Rehearsing for Helene.. If it would just ease for an hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Relaxing after a busy morning, heading out for a bit of retail, might give the credit card an outing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching formula 1 :)

Graces7 wrote: »
    bed, frustrated as I was intending to pick berries and sort the garden .... southerly winds that are on the way to being a gale. Rehearsing for Helene.. If it would just ease for an hour...

Got my wish and was out picking berries with cat and dog. Dog cannot understand why I keep stopping....lol.. stands there glaring at me to walk

Breezy and clouds but bearable. Filled a bag but so little energy. Sat on a sheltered bank watching the ocean for a while... that was really lovely...Bliss....

Brought a full bag of turf in ready..warm without fire today, so whatever the weather, fine and safe. That is my "job" after all.. to stay safe and warm so that others can do THEIR jobs and not be worried.

It feels.. dark out there. Disturbed, uneasy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Grace, I bought a garden cart like this in woodies for less than 20.00 https://www.woodies.ie/garden-rolling-kart-1145602 because coal and bricquettes were too heavy for me to lift. I can wheel this inside when I need it. So handy. Maybe see if someone can pick one up for you that’s similar? Rather than lifting bags full of heavy turf.

I’m on my lunch

Grace, I bought a garden cart like this in woodies for less than 20.00 https://www.woodies.ie/garden-rolling-kart-1145602 because coal and bricquettes were too heavy for me to lift. I can wheel this inside when I need it. So handy. Maybe see if someone can pick one up for you that’s similar? Rather than lifting bags full of heavy turf.

I’m on my lunch

Ah what a kind thought... Great minds! I bought a baby buggy from V de P last winter for E4 so that when I bring coal or anything heavy eg shopping into the ferry place, we can wheel it to the boat, and the same here. The men love it! When I am in town I can push it around looking maternal...the turf is not too bad thankfully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ah what a kind thought... Great minds! I bought a baby buggy from V de P last winter for E4 so that when I bring coal or anything heavy eg shopping into the ferry place, we can wheel it to the boat, and the same here. The men love it! When I am in town I can push it around looking maternal...the turf is not too bad thankfully...

Less maternal and more mental I'd say ! :D

I kid..I kid!

Petrol station side. Sweet suffering Jaysus but it's a day for the road crawlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Ninja-ing around Bedroom getting ready to go out! :pac::pac::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside under a 9:15 AM Pacific sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

smurfjed wrote: »
    Underneath the city of Lisbon in the metro

Oh to be in Lisbon now, having a beer in the sun !

At least it's dry in East Clare..
    Grass cut, going to watch football/ rugby and eat more pasta !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Up the Comeragh mountains :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Island of Elba. Portoferraio.

• Advertisement

Bed missing him. Was a lovely night out watching Liverpool win, drinking beer, eating pizza but then he had a late night meeting (a lot of Malaysian business is done late at night in cafes and karaoke places) and legged it.

He has to travel across the country tomorrow so won't see him til Monday then our few days in Singapore before I go home for a month. How did I let the young scut under my skin? Grr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement