Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hurling League 2016

Options
  • 13-02-2016 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭

Great to have it back, and 2 games on the box tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tipp and Limerick well on top, but for a lot of sides Tipp would be out out of sight already, limerick probably already out of sight against wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Limerick taking every chance that comes their way

Wexford are really struggling to win any ball from the puck out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

Limerick taking every chance that comes their way

Wexford are really struggling to win any ball from the puck out

Wexford keepers arms must be killing him

sjb25 wrote: »
    Wexford keepers arms must be killing him

Watching this,Im dreading next week's game in Killarney

Limerick lads look in serious shape,very sharp

Very one sided overall. Early days but impressive showings and scoring from both Tipp and Limerick

• Advertisement

Noteworthy high scoring win for Galway today. Waterford beat Kilkenny on an awful Walsh Park pitch and a fantastic win for Kerry in their first match in division 1B

KevIRL wrote: »
    Noteworthy high scoring win for Galway today. Waterford beat Kilkenny on an awful Walsh Park pitch and a fantastic win for Kerry in their first match in division 1B

I was listening to our game today and watching the Waterford/Kilkenny game on TV the pitch was like a herd of cattle were left on it before the game

Good win for us,hopefully we can stay competitive in the coming weeks and have a right cut off Offaly in the last game

I was listening to our game today and watching the Waterford/Kilkenny game on TV the pitch was like a herd of cattle were left on it before the game

Good win for us,hopefully we can stay competitive in the coming weeks and have a right cut off Offaly in the last game

Was at the Waterford game myself, on a couple of occasions play had to be stopped cause the ball was buried in the turf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

What's happened to Carlow this season? 17 point defeat to London at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

My (basic) understanding of Carlow is players not happy with management, sought a new management team at the end of last season but county board refused and reappointed the existing management team, which in turn led to a drop in commitment from players, supposedly only 15/16 players turned up for their first game of the season (Walsh Cup?). A lot of their better players making themselves unavailable and yet to return.

Bit of a shame really, that was Carlow's worst result in a very very long time, unless there is a change in management or those players can be convinced to commit they're odds on favourites to be relegated from the McCarthy Cup this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cork being torn apart here

3 goals in a row. Christ

Was it last year or the year before Cork wiped Dublin off the field in the league.it was as good as all over at half time

Dubs getting their own back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Was it last year or the year before Cork wiped Dublin off the field in the league.it was as good as all over at half time

Dubs getting their own back now

Last year, they had scored 20 points at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think Waterford will be up against it on the 13th at home to Dublin. Cork to be relegated i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think Waterford will be up against it on the 13th at home to Dublin. Cork to be relegated i think

Waterford will be fancied to win that game and rightly so.

Speak Now wrote: »
    Waterford will be fancied to win that game and rightly so.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Waterford's own Mr doom and gloom PTH2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

If two teams are tied on points for relegation/play off spot does head to head come into play before score difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Bonniedog wrote: »
    If two teams are tied on points for relegation/play off spot does head to head come into play before score difference?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Limerick are giving Laois a bit of a spanking in Division 1B at the moment. Half-time score and it's 3-15 to 0-6.

• Advertisement

Cork ****ed that away and if it stayed level Waterford would be guaranteed 1/2ND place.

The 1b do or die Clare vs Limerick martch next weekend will be some clash. Can see Limerick winning it

The 1b do or die Clare vs Limerick martch next weekend will be some clash. Can see Limerick winning it

I wonder will it be shown on TG4 in full (live or deferred)?

Cork ****ed that away and if it stayed level Waterford would be guaranteed 1/2ND place.

Think you are wrong on this one. A draw tonight and win for KK v Dublin would leave KK on 7 points one more than Waterford if they lost their last 2.

Dublin could finish on 6 points beating Waterford and losing to KK, likewise Gal or Tipp could do so too.

So the draw tonight alone wouldn't have ensured a top 2 for Waterford I think

KevIRL wrote: »
    Think you are wrong on this one. A draw tonight and win for KK v Dublin would leave KK on 7 points one more than Waterford if they lost their last 2.

Dublin could finish on 6 points beating Waterford and losing to KK, likewise Gal or Tipp could do so too.

So the draw tonight alone wouldn't have ensured a top 2 for Waterford I think

My mistake hopefully we win 2morrow to guarantee top spot

It will be terrible to lose 2morrow but it will make our final game vs galway very interesting.

Some poor shooting by Tipp so far. 7 wides I think after 17 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭blackcard

Tipp impressive considering they are without Callinan, O'Dwyer and Forde. Ronan Maher playing well.

Cracker of a goal from Canning.

How is that a yellow card for Noel McGrath :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Disaster end to the half for Tipp. But McGrath gets booked when blatantly obstructed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭blackcard

Cracker of a goal from Canning.

No show like a Joe show

Advertisement