Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

If e-Global were a little more up front that the deliveries take 2 weeks and got rid of the fake tracking they would see a huge jump in customer satisfaction I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Hogzy wrote:
    If e-Global were a little more up front that the deliveries take 2 weeks and got rid of the fake tracking they would see a huge jump in customer satisfaction I think.

They say delivery takes 6-10 working days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

tedpan wrote: »
    They say delivery takes 6-10 working days :D

I was just testing ye! :pac:

Hogzy wrote:
    I was just testing ye!

Lol, the tracking is definitely a joke though. Extreme patience is a requirement!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Purchased phone, stopped charging after 20 days. In perfect nick, in case from day 1, never dropped or damaged. Phone would not take charge from any other charger either, charger provided would charge other phones. Returned and they say it is work g fine when tested, they are a crowd of lying barstewards. Will be looking into reporting and seeking redress however possible, anyone pursued them in matters like this. They say they will refund, as within 30 days but want 40 Euro for return of goods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

septicsac wrote: »
    Purchased phone, stopped charging after 20 days. In perfect nick, in case from day 1, never dropped or damaged. Phone would not take charge from any other charger either, charger provided would charge other phones. Returned and they say it is work g fine when tested, they are a crowd of lying barstewards. Will be looking into reporting and seeking redress however possible, anyone pursued them in matters like this. They say they will refund, as within 30 days but want 40 Euro for return of goods.

Similar thing happened to me except it had a fault on arrival. There was a green line down the side of the screen. I got no money back and chose not to return it as I expected they might try pull what they did with you. I started using the phone recently and black dots have been appearing on the screen. Total scam artists selling dodgy goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Starting a chargeback procedure with my bank on my visa debit, anyone tried this or had success. These lot are some bunch of scam artists, saying phone that would not charge will when they get it, avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Starting a chargeback procedure with my bank on my visa debit, anyone tried this or had success. These lot are some bunch of scam artists, saying phone that would not charge will when they get it, avoid at all costs.

Request video evidence that the phone is charging
    Tell them you want the IMEI number showing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

septicsac wrote:

Better to use a "real" credit card. Your protections as a consumer are much more powerful. (For future reference, obviously doesn't help this time.)
    I wish you luck! Hopefully you'll run into the right person at your bank right away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

trustpilot.com/users/5895aabd0000ff000a73c337
    Good read here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Just to throw in my experience so far.

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Watch on 13th June.

Heard nothing for 5 days so on the 18th I emailed.
    Heard back in a couple of hours to say the item was out of stock and please bear with them until it comes back in.
    I've ordered from Grey market sites before so I know to expect delays.

I finally got an email on the 27th with the fake tracking
    5 2019-07-01Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2019-06-30Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2019-06-29Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2019-06-28In transit.
    1 2019-06-27The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

So I know at least a few more days before it will arrive with a courier in the UK.
    Or I Could be unlucky and it end up like so many and it gets "stuck in customs"

Anyone who wants to buy camera equipment, I would seriously recommend www.Panamoz.com
    I ordered my 5D mk IV and a few lenses from them. They gave me a discount when I asked cheekily by email too.
    It arrived in 5 days from ordering and everything perfect. They also offer full UK warranty.
    Any questions about them you can message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shelleyhowarth

Ordered a pair of Bose 35 QC ii yesterday afternoon through PayPal and this morning my PayPal got hacked and the account was closed. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Ordered a pair of Bose QC ii yesterday afternoon through PayPal and this morning my PayPal got hacked and the account was closed. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not.

Pretty big coincidence, but should be able to undo it no?

givyjoe wrote: »
    Pretty big coincidence, but should be able to undo it no?

Nope unfortunately. Was on the phone to PayPal this morning and all they can do is refund the money that was taken out of my account. Have to set up a new PayPal which is annoying as I made the transaction on PayPal because I knew if anything went wrong I'd be able to dispute it. They told me if anything goes wrong they can still help but I'll need to dispute it with my bank first.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,908 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

pajodublin wrote: »
    Just to throw in my experience so far.

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Watch on 13th June.

Heard nothing for 5 days so on the 18th I emailed.
    Heard back in a couple of hours to say the item was out of stock and please bear with them until it comes back in.
    I've ordered from Grey market sites before so I know to expect delays.

I finally got an email on the 27th with the fake tracking

So I know at least a few more days before it will arrive with a courier in the UK.
    Or I Could be unlucky and it end up like so many and it gets "stuck in customs"

Anyone who wants to buy camera equipment, I would seriously recommend www.Panamoz.com
    I ordered my 5D mk IV and a few lenses from them. They gave me a discount when I asked cheekily by email too.
    It arrived in 5 days from ordering and everything perfect. They also offer full UK warranty.
    Any questions about them you can message me.

In the same boat as you ordered a watch on the 19th June and getting the same tracking status for the last few days. Have emailed and heard nothing back so annoying

Ordered a pair of Bose QC 35 ii yesterday afternoon through PayPal and this morning my PayPal got hacked and the account was closed. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not.

Update: Emailed them yesterday as my item was meant to have a 24 hour dispatch and I still had received no follow-up email since I bought it. Got an email at 3am this morning informing me that the item is out of stock and that it is arriving for them in about 2-3 days. Seems to be the same generic email that everyone gets when they email them. I know I'll more than likely get the headphones in the end but I feel like it'll be more of a waiting game than anything.

Update: Emailed them yesterday as my item was meant to have a 24 hour dispatch and I still had received no follow-up email since I bought it. Got an email at 3am this morning informing me that the item is out of stock and that it is arriving for them in about 2-3 days. Seems to be the same generic email that everyone gets when they email them. I know I'll more than likely get the headphones in the end but I feel like it'll be more of a waiting game than anything.

Final update:
    Received my Bose QC 35 ii headphones yesterday. Box was completely sealed with a layer of bubblewrap around it and absolutely no damage. They're definitely the real deal, they sound great and connect to the Bose Connect app on my phone.

In summary:
    Order placed - 02/07/2019
    I emailed them asking for a follow up - 04/07/2019
    Replied to my email saying the headphones are out of stock - 05/07/2019
    Update email saying that they are packing my order and it will be dispatched shortly - 05/07/2019
    Update email saying that my order has been dispatched from their warehouse along with a tracking number - 09/07/2019

**Tracking information on eGlobal**
    The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse. - 09/07/2019
    In transit. - 10/07/2019
    Shipment is en-route to courier depot. - 11/07/2019
    Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information: [link to DPD tracking page] - 12/07/2019

**Tracking information on DPD**
    We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel - 08/07/2019
    We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Athlone depot - 12/07/2019
    Sorted by distribution centre - 14/07/2019
    Out for delivery - 15/07/2019
    Delivered - 15/07/2019

Overall my experience was good, I got the headphones for €245 when they retail for €380 in Harvey Norman's. Only inconvenience was my PayPal being hacked the day after I placed the order but I'm not sure if that's actually linked to me using my PayPal to purchase the headphones. Once the item got to the DPD warehouse delivery was super quick. I ordered the headphones after reading a lot of reviews about eGlobal so I sort of knew what was in store for me (generic customer service response emails, fake tracking on their website, item taking longer to deliver than what they state on their website) and knew I would have to be patient with the process. Getting the headphones for €135 cheaper was worth the (almost) 2 week wait in my opinion but it might not be worth the wait for others. The whole process went very smoothly for me but I know that is not always the case with others so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Will update this if any problems arise with the headphones but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Thinking of buying a phone from eglobal. No experience with them. Would it be better to pay with Visa Debit or PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

leck wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a phone from eglobal. No experience with them. Would it be better to pay with Visa Debit or PayPal?

PayPal or credit card. With Visa Debit there's no quick and easy way to get your money back.

Just an addition, I've use eglobal before for a couple of high value items, phones headphones etc. Everything came eventually (2-3 weeks), new and sealed.

They're shipping times are a lie, dispatch takes up to a week and then maybe another week in transit. It's pretty obvious the items are actually coming from China and being trafficked through Amsterdam or other European cities to avoid customs and taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yellowneck

My first order was back in 2014 and second one in 2016, before they pulled the crap with the fake eGlobal Central "tracking" bs.

First order placed on 7 Oct 2014
    Shipped out on 15 Oct 2014
    Received on 16 Oct 2014

Second order placed on 15 Apr 2016
    Shipped out on 19 Apr 2014
    Received on 22 Apr 2014

So all in all very pleasant experiences with eGlobal Central.

I recently placed my third order on July 11th. Emailed them on July 15th when it would ship. Got an email back in just a few hours that it was out of stock and if I would allow them a few more days to get it back in stock.

Strangely enough, I got a few hours later that the order would be dispatching soon. And behold, the next day on July 16th I got the email that it was shipped with a link to their fake tracking page.

Currently:
    #DateParcel Status
    9 2019-07-24 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    8 2019-07-23 Shipment further connected.
    7 2019-07-22 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    6 2019-07-21 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2019-07-20 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2019-07-19 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2019-07-18 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2019-07-17 In transit.
    1 2019-07-16 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

So not that great of a third shopping experience. However, they did reply on my email within a few hours when I asked on July 22nd what the actual status was. Their reply was: "With regard to your inquiry. Please be kindly informed, that the tracking information will be updated within 48-72 hours from today "
    Not sure what they meant by that tho

UPDATE 24TH JULY:
    Saw that the latest status update was changed to
    9 2019-07-24 Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information:

So now following my order through the DPD site and its already in the country, so shouldnt be long before it arrives.
    Patience pays off, how hard it may be....

UPDATE 25TH JULY:
    Received my order. Havent tested it out yet, but seems all good. Is the second body that I bought off them, so pretty confident that its okay.
    Bubble wrapped excessively in a big black bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Anyone sent anything back for warranty repair? My phone won't charge anymore & I'm dreading dealing with EGC... They've already said that they'll only respond to me within 5-7 days... sure you would want to need your phone for anything important...

Final update:
    Received my Bose QC 35 ii headphones yesterday. Box was completely sealed with a layer of bubblewrap around it and absolutely no damage. They're definitely the real deal, they sound great and connect to the Bose Connect app on my phone.

Overall my experience was good, I got the headphones for €245 when they retail for €380 in Harvey Norman's. Only inconvenience was my PayPal being hacked the day after I placed the order but I'm not sure if that's actually linked to me using my PayPal to purchase the headphones. Once the item got to the DPD warehouse delivery was super quick. I ordered the headphones after reading a lot of reviews about eGlobal so I sort of knew what was in store for me (generic customer service response emails, fake tracking on their website, item taking longer to deliver than what they state on their website) and knew I would have to be patient with the process. Getting the headphones for €135 cheaper was worth the (almost) 2 week wait in my opinion but it might not be worth the wait for others. The whole process went very smoothly for me but I know that is not always the case with others so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Will update this if any problems arise with the headphones but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

But why are you comparing the price to harveynorman and not somewhere like amazon where they are 283 euro? Not so enticing then to buy something with no warranty. Not a chance I would buy something on eglobal vs amazon just to save 38 euro on an expensive item.

Ps - they are 299 at harveynorman https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/all-headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones/bose-quietcomfort-35-ii-wireless-headphones-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LucasPort

Hi guys, sorry if this was already talked here...

I'm from Brazil and I'm living in Ireland with my wife, we needed to buy new phones and my friend who lives here recommended me eglobalcentral, he bought a S10 for his wife there, received after a long time of waiting and it's working perfectly.

My concern is that I bought a MI9 for me and a A70 for my wife, i've read some people complaining about some Xiaomi phones sold by eglobal, should I be concerned?

We received a message from them after maybe 3 weeks after the payment with a "tracking number" from DPD and in their site the last info is that our phones "its on its way to our Athlone depot", how long it takes to arrive in Ireland after leave the UK?

Sorry if its something repeated and my English,

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

LucasPort wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry if this was already talked here...

I'm from Brazil and I'm living in Ireland with my wife, we needed to buy new phones and my friend who lives here recommended me eglobalcentral, he bought a S10 for his wife there, received after a long time of waiting and it's working perfectly.

My concern is that I bought a MI9 for me and a A70 for my wife, i've read some people complaining about some Xiaomi phones sold by eglobal, should I be concerned?

We received a message from them after maybe 3 weeks after the payment with a "tracking number" from DPD and in their site the last info is that our phones "its on its way to our Athlone depot", how long it takes to arrive in Ireland after leave the UK?

Sorry if its something repeated and my English,

Cheers.

I've something being delivered by tomorrow by DPD, it originated in the UK, after I got the message you got, Athlone depot etc, I got a email from the DPD in Ireland saying they were taking charge of my package, gave me a different tracking no and sent me to here:
    https://dpd.ie/tracking?consignmentNumber=823016361

Usually from the UK and athlone delivery to you= 2/3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LucasPort

I've something being delivered by tomorrow by DPD, it originated in the UK, after I got the message you got, Athlone depot etc, I got a email from the DPD in Ireland saying they were taking charge of my package, gave me a different tracking no and sent me to here:

Usually from the UK and athlone delivery to you= 2/3 days.

Thanks for answering. I received the package today, everything okay and the phones were really well protected, I was a lil' bit worried to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Waiting on a phone ,tracked and sorted with DPD as far as Athlone but no update for 4 days .Rang DPD was told a search would take 3-5 days .Emailed Eglobal hav'nt received a reply yet .When should I contact PayPal and should I be worried .

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Anyone sent anything back for warranty repair? My phone won't charge anymore & I'm dreading dealing with EGC... They've already said that they'll only respond to me within 5-7 days... sure you would want to need your phone for anything important...

It would be safer to do the repair yourself. They could inspect it and say it was customer damage, then ask you to pay to receive it back in same condition or they keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

My Google Pixel has stopped working about a year after I purchased it.

I phoned Google who, after about 2 hours of working on the issue, said that I was entitled to a repair and to contact eGlobal Central and give them the Google ticket number and ask for a repair.

eGlobal Central EU say no because I am "out of warranty" but as per EU law the warranty period for a phone has to be a minimum of 2 years.

What are my best next steps if eGlobal Central EU will not stand up to their legal obligations?

Thanks.

JTMan wrote:
    eGlobal Central EU say no because I am "out of warranty" but as per EU law the warranty period for a phone has to be a minimum of 2 years.

JTMan wrote:
    What are my best next steps if eGlobal Central EU will not stand up to their legal obligations?

They're based in Hong Kong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yeah, but they sold a product to someone in the EU so they have to comply with EU law.

Advertisement