Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Just set your Amazon account address as your Parcel Motel address if you have one. Full access to Prime Video & Kids Prime too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Seanieke wrote: »
    Just set your Amazon account address as your Parcel Motel address if you have one. Full access to Prime Video & Kids Prime too.

Do you do that on the smart tv app?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Watched danish movie “the wave” and really enjoyed it. It’s not an action movie or conventional Hollywood disaster movie so if you want the rock or 2012 type disasters this isn’t for you....

Loved the atmosphere throughout. Can’t put my finger on it but it just felt like it had more class then the popcorn stuff from Hollywood.

I like popcorn stuff by the way, not knocking it, just making an observation from a comparison perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

The RTÉ show Raw has been added. First Irish show on Amazon I've seen (Netflix has had a few, including Raw itself many years back)

https://www.primevideo.com/detail/0FFMQU7J9QX42NZIJ8IBG05HKF/ref=atv_dp

I'm signing into amazon.co.uk using an address in Belfast and also Hola vpn, which I've tried setting to the US as well as Britain, but despite all this I get:

"Some videos may not be available to watch from your location. Go to PrimeVideo.com to see the video catalogue in the Republic of Ireland."

How do I get around this stupid fúcking wall? If Amazon think I'm going to pay full price for this piddly-arsed selection, they've another thing coming. The whole Amazon Prime thing is false advertising when it comes to being clear about the tiny selection that's actually on offer in this state.

Other than that, does anybody know where I could watch Death of Stalin and Conspiracy (2001; the docudrama about the Wannsee Conference) online/streamed? I've no dvd in this laptop so the days of buying a dvd are over. Where's the biggest online repository of films and documentaries?

• Advertisement

Seanieke wrote: »

That definitely hasn't worked for me. Using my Belfast Parcel Motel address: 'This title isn't available in your location'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I have a fire stick and I am also a Prime member. I used to be geo blocked from watching any Amazon shows...but I tried it again yesterday, and everything is playing fine! Have they removed some blockers? I'm very pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Occono wrote:
    The RTÉ show Raw has been added. First Irish show on Amazon I've seen (Netflix has had a few, including Raw itself many years back)

Room to improve is also on it. (I watch it in Canada, so maybe only available there).

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I've been granted a free month of Prime.

I'm really enjoying a tv show called Start up. Super stuff about a start up company. Hard to believe but I'd put it up there with Breaking Bad, addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Neames wrote: »
    I've been granted a free month of Prime.

I'm really enjoying a tv show called Start up. Super stuff about a start up company. Hard to believe but I'd put it up there with Breaking Bad, addictive.

Third season was just added which will be the last season but they knew this before shooting it so it should finish up tidy.

• Advertisement

Update. Bought ExpressVPN and can now use Amazon Prime Video on Amazon.com from Ireland using a New Jersey location.

For some reason I can't access Prime Video from amazon.co.uk using a variety of locations there. I'm using the same laptop for both. There are definitely films/documentaries on the UK Amazon that aren't on the US Amazon. I wonder is there a list of the differences between both Amazons.

I have a fire stick coming soon.
    If you set up the dns for the uk will it let you access that content, or does it go by your amazon account which is linked from the sale?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,684 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I have a fire stick coming soon.
    If you set up the dns for the uk will it let you access that content, or does it go by your amazon account which is linked from the sale?

Thanks
    Think you just need to contact amazon and they'll switch it on for you.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Think you just need to contact amazon and they'll switch it on for you.

Just contacted them through the app. They said I have to have a uk payment set up which I don't as my Irish bank card is linked to my account.

I wonder could I just add my revolut card and get them to switch to that for Prime content. I don't want to subscribe, just want to rent the odd film.

I have added my revolut card and used my addresspal address as uk one. I will see if they change it now.
    Ok this is chat I had......
    Please be informed that in order to purchase or rent Amazon videos you need an active UK payment card and UK billing address.
    A7:13 PM
    Does revolut cover uk payment card?
    7:14 PM
    Amazon | Customer Service
    I've checked your account and can see that your payment method is associated with Ireland.
    This was the reason you facing this issue.
    Further checking, I can see that you have active UK payment card in your account. (Revolut)
    In this case, please update the UK payment card in your 1-click payment settings so that you can rent videos without issues.
    A7:16 PM
    Can i do this on the smart tv app?
    7:17 PM
    No, please try to update from web browser or mobile app.
    A7:18 PM
    Ok
    7:18 PM
    To update your current payment method for Prime Video orders, visit the following link and select "Edit billing information" in the "1-Click Payment Settings" section:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/pin
    Your payment method must be from a bank within the UK
    A7:18 PM
    Ok thanks

I will check with the smart tv app later.

Worked! Just rented a movie I couldn't rent before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Most seasons of New Girl are there, not sure when they were added. Also Fresh Off the Boat is one I was looking out for. Something to keep me going when I'm finished the office and Mrs maisel. Actually find I'm watching more on prime than Netflix at the moment. I just wish there was a way to cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Does anyone know what is going on with the series Bones?!? Season 1-11 are listed on there but seasons 3 and 5 aren't available?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just set mine up but curious as to how do you know which version of prime video you're in - Ireland or The UK?

My default address is Parcel Motel NI at the moment before anyone asks!

Just set mine up but curious as to how do you know which version of prime video you're in - Ireland or The UK?

Not sure that there is a distinction. I am a Prime member of Amazon UK. I too have ONE of my addresses as a Parcel Motel UK address, my payment card is a ROI Visa Debit, but none of the free Prime content on the fire stick is blocked anymore. It used to be

I wanted to watch the film Mystery Road on Prime. It wasn't available on Prime here but is on the uk version.
    Do a search for it and you should find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

If there is a 'kids' option across the top of the phone app and an 'included with prime' and 'rent or buy' options under the program banner ads you've the UK version.

Dave..M wrote: »
    If there is a 'kids' option across the top of the phone app and an 'included with prime' and 'rent or buy' options under the program banner ads you've the UK version.

I have the Kids option on my android app but don't have rent/buy options.

On my tv I have both options (as setup with revolut card and uk address)

I did notice on the film I rented that there were no subtitles, so something to consider. I am not sure if this is the case with a lot of their stuff or not.

A question on music now....won't be using it myself but others will. To set it up I'm being asked for my Credit Card details to prove I'm a UK resident. If I give my Irish Credit Card will they know I'm not UK based?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Third season was just added which will be the last season but they knew this before shooting it so it should finish up tidy.

I’m just on the second season of this now. It’s great stuff, really addictive. Can’t believe I’d never heard anything about it. Didn’t know they had no plans for a fourth. Shame but if they wrap it up well then that’s something.

A question on music now....won't be using it myself but others will. To set it up I'm being asked for my Credit Card details to prove I'm a UK resident. If I give my Irish Credit Card will they know I'm not UK based?

Of course they will. That is the idea of using the revolut card. There is a thread on boards about it. I just set up a virtual account. It has the card details in the app and I just transferred €50 to it.

Of course they will. That is the idea of using the revolut card. There is a thread on boards about it. I just set up a virtual account. It has the card details in the app and I just transferred €50 to it.

Don't suppose you have a link to that thread? It's needle in a haystack stuff otherwise....

I wanted to watch the film Mystery Road on Prime. It wasn't available on Prime here but is on the uk version.
    Do a search for it and you should find out.

Are you using a website or a firestick?

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Are you using a website or a firestick?

Firestick right now.

But both at some stage

Firestick right now.

But both at some stage

How do you differentiate between Irish and UK content? Is a Firestick not just attached to a UK Amazon account or a US one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Other than High Castle what other TV series do people recommend in prime?

Advertisement