Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Where about are you based PCe? Regardless of the distance don't let a 200KM first go put you off, you'll have a blast and it would be a great way of getting used to the bike. That kind of trek for those 2 bikes would be nothing to them.

When I got mine the first proper go on it was back from Dublin port to Monaghan and then Galway the next day. It was national roads/motorway most of the way which made it a doodle.

I'd be more hesitant getting used to a new bike on short urban rides where I have to slow down, especially taller ones like the Vstorm :pac:

I'm in Gaillimh too. Finished IBT today, so full steam ahead!

Jayz that was some spin. At my current comfortable cruising speed it could take a while:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Well if you do get something and need someone to drive it to Galway I'm down :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

I think the M50 is the worst road,and when I say road I mean drivers on that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Well if you do get something and need someone to drive it to Galway I'm down :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I think I seen a nice one in Inverness.....😂

Any forums for ride out/ going for a spin , the biker.ie one is in lockdown/not available, so for someone who has a bike ( in Dublin
    area) any idea if a few people are interested in the same,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

horse7 wrote: »
    Any forums for ride out/ going for a spin , the biker.ie one is in lockdown/not available, so for someone who has a bike ( in Dublin
    area) any idea if a few people are interested in the same,

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056728342

Did Dunlavin today,it's been beautiful weather,no traffic past tallaght, roads to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

My home town

Recommendations for eating /coffee in dunlavin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Recommendations for eating /coffee in dunlavin?

Coffee shop beside the garda station,I believe they do sambos ECT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Boy the new FB Mondial 1948 is rather lovely

5un49u.png

Thinking of changing already??? :)

Rip in mulpheddar clonard co.meath today, 50 year old motorcyclist, anyone know where that is,I can't find it on Google maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Just seen this on Facebook. Thought I'd post here, maybe someone here might be able to help him.
    He's looking for his father's old bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

deise08 wrote: »
    Just seen this on Facebook. Thought I'd post here, maybe someone here might be able to help him.
    He's looking for his father's old bike.

Poor chap, i actually remember this. His father also had a Kawasaki ZZR1100 which he managed to track down but the current owner won't sell. I seen on the posts that there have been a few sightings of a similar bike recently as well as the most recent registered owner living in West Cork. With the season that is in it now is a good time to restart the search with bikes everywhere in the good weather.

Went to vrt the bike today.
    Took 3 hrs off work and drove 45 miles and was then told at the NCT centre that the system was down since yesterday and I'd have to come back another day. :mad:

blade1 wrote: »
    Took 3 hrs off work and drove 45 miles and was then told at the NCT centre that the system was down since yesterday and I'd have to come back another day. :mad:

45 miles? wow. can you not do the VRT at any NCT centre?

Nope.
    Blarney and Waterford are my two closest and I'm more or less bang in the middle of both.

It's up to each individual NCT centre who wanted to do vrt but most did not set up for it.

They could have let me know.
    If I inconvenienced them by being late or not showing up,I'd get charged for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You got to take your new bike for a spin

Wheres the downside :)

listermint wrote: »
    You got to take your new bike for a spin

Wheres the downside :)

No reg plate and got pulled by the guards a few times already.
    Going through the same rigmarole every time is getting tiring.
    Want to have a plate for the weekend because I'll be on the bike a lot.
    No doubt I'll have more of the same **** again.
    My good manners only stretch so far.

blade1 wrote: »

So,after being told the other day to call back another day and no need for appointment as they had the all the details,I headed back up to the NCT centre first thing this morning.
    Walk up to the desk and the one behind the desk asks have I an appointment?
    I said I was told on Thursday I didn't need one.
    She then says yeah but head office now says everyone now needs an appointment as there is a backlog.

You'd think they would let people know.
    Must now go a third time and no guarantee it'll go smoothly,going by the level of incompetence shown already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Will be going to look at an 2006 Kawasaki er6f one of the days.
    What's to look out for in them?

Accident in East Cork just outside Killeagh, a biker is allegedly involved, fingers crossed it's not serious.

https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert/status/1152633219084431363

Edit:

Confirmed as fatal

R.I.P to the rider, thoughts with his family

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-dies-in-crash-between-car-and-motorbike-in-co-cork-938349.html?fbclid=IwAR3-fl_km_3xzUsczHazqjxHtf-YeY-EVGwYLHO9SwTrDX3bFEiBk5b0FJs

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

It’s been a bad 7 days in Cork, some good lads lost in accidents. Stay safe on the roads lads.

Jackdaw89 wrote: »
    It’s been a bad 7 days in Cork, some good lads lost in accidents. Stay safe on the roads lads.

2 bikers killed in 24 hours, terrible isn't the word, the boy killed in North Cork last night was only 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

2 bikers killed in 24 hours, terrible isn't the word, the boy killed in North Cork last night was only 18.[/quote

Thursday? He was only 19 and another 40 odd last Sunday. RIP gents

Jackdaw89 wrote: »
    2 bikers killed in 24 hours, terrible isn't the word, the boy killed in North Cork last night was only 18.[/quote

Thursday? He was only 19 and another and another 40 odd last Sunday. RIP gents

Yes it was Thursday, my apologies, my days are all backwards, i seen the 19 age quoted myself however people came out on Facebook demanding that the article be changed to reflect he was 18. Yes the gentleman in his 40's also. R.I.P all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"POLITE" vest news from June. LOL.

Motorcyclist claims POLITE vest "ruined my life"
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/june/polite-vest-ruined-life/
    A biker’s life has been turned upside down after being convicted, then subsequently acquitted, for wearing an item of clothing that resembled police uniform when he rode home from work in a POLITE vest.

Darren Emanuel, 47, an independent financial consultant, has been a biker for many years and was riding his white, ex-police BMW R1200RT when he was stopped by a police officer who had seen him from the opposing carriageway.

After checking his bike over, the officer then claimed Emanuel’s choice of clothing (a white helmet, hi-viz jacket and 'polite' tabard) combined with the bike constituted that of a police officer’s"