Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cheers lads, he's gone with Teds.

Some bike, can't wait to see it.

Since the deal is done here's the bike

Afterwards ask the lads at Ted's to email you the ferry ticket and receipt as you may need them at NCT centre.
    And good luck with the vrt, hope it goes smoother for you than it is going for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

beno619 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a driving instructor that knows the Dun Laoghaire area and would know the test route ? Cheers.

I'm not sure if the bike test can be done in Dun Laoghaire. When I did mine the choices were Tallaght and Mulhuddart (Finglas has been closed since).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

When I changed the oil on my bike I noticed I forgot to put a washer on with the oil filter, doesn’t seem to be leaking when running. Would I be ok without it?

When I changed the oil on my bike I noticed I forgot to put a washer on with the oil filter, doesn’t seem to be leaking when running. Would I be ok without it?

What bike Is it?

blade1 wrote: »
    What bike Is it?

SV650

• Advertisement

SV650

There would have been a new seal on the new filter you fitted.
    Or did you mean sump nut?

There would have been a new seal on the new filter you fitted.
    Or did you mean sump nut?

The sump nut is done, from reading up I should have changed the filter washer as well. I took off a hiflo filter and put on a K&N. It’s working fine with no leaks, just don’t want to hit unnecessary trouble.

The sump nut is done, from reading up I should have changed the filter washer as well. I took off a hiflo filter and put on a K&N. It’s working fine with no leaks, just don’t want to hit unnecessary trouble.

K&n should have a fitted seal so you should be ok.
    Any reason in particular you went for a k&n?

K&n should have a fitted seal so you should be ok.
    Any reason in particular you went for a k&n?

Fingers crossed. Tbh the only reason was because of the wrench nut and it was the first one that appeared in front of me with that m. Using castrol power1 oil for it as well.

Fingers crossed. Tbh the only reason was because of the wrench nut and it was the first one that appeared in front of me with that m. Using castrol power1 oil for it as well.

Just so you are aware(you maybe already), that wrench nut is for loosening not tightening.
    Although I suppose if you had the torque spec and used a torque wrench it would be fine.
    I just hand tighten with one hand and then an extra squeeze with both and that should be enough.

• Advertisement

Just so you are aware(you maybe already), that wrench nut is for loosening not tightening.
    Although I suppose if you had the torque spec and used a torque wrench it would be fine.
    I just hand tighten with one hand and then an extra squeeze with both and that should be enough.

Yes indeed i was aware of it. I gave it a good tightening by hand. I had trouble getting the hiflo filter off due to the lack of that nut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Torque it 'til your elbow clicks! ;)

Torque it 'til your elbow clicks! ;)

Thanks now look what you made me do :pac:
    Öhlins will snap before elbow clicks!:pac:

5exspc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Thanks now look what you made me do :pac:
    Öhlins will snap before elbow clicks!:pac:

5exspc.jpg
    Ah sh1t Blade, sorry to see that! The tuono yea?
    See can you source a replacement lower bracket on ebay. Perhaps Stephen in NDM might be able to help as they are afik official ohlins techs. Maybe try vmtek also?

H_Lime wrote: »
    Ah sh1t Blade, sorry to see that! The tuono yea?
    See can you source a replacement lower bracket on ebay. Perhaps Stephen in NDM might be able to help as they are afik official ohlins techs. Maybe try vmtek also?

Haha fear not.
    It's off my other Tuono but the last owner did it.
    It was in a box with a load of other stuff that came with the bike.
    There was a time when I used to tighten everything by guessing but use a torque wrench for everything now.
    You'd be surprised how low some stuff is torqued to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Seen this so many times..they're just clamps...you don't tighten them until the two surfaces touch...or that happens....;)

Not needed,it was after been replaced when I bought the bike.

Not needed,it was fixed after been replaced when I bought the bike.
    Ah happy out! Be a bummer if it cut the "season" short for you. Seen it on a few aprilias alright and not just on ohlins forks happens on yoke clamps. They shear when a fella torques one in isolation first or gorillas it.

Ah happy out! Be a bummer if it cut the "season" short for you.

Ah there's no fear of that. :pac:

IMG-20190726-202017-01.jpg

• Advertisement

That an 02/03 pre radial mille in the corner?
    How do you rate the later gen tuonos engine delivery over the older?

That an 02/03 pre radial mille in the corner?
    How do you rate the later gen tuonos engine delivery over the older?
    No it's a 03.
    Last run of gen 1 that came with radials and black frame, 2 plugs per cylinder and some other upgrades.
    Have it over four and a half years now and was the start of me getting the Aprilia bug bad.
    Absolutely love the 3 of them.
    IMG-20170502-140948.jpg

No it's a 03.
    Last run of gen 1 that came with radials and black frame, 2 plugs per cylinder and some other upgrades.
    Have it over four and a half years now and was the start of me getting the Aprilia bug bad.
    Absolutely love the 3 of them.
    IMG-20170502-140948.jpg

Thats something special there and imo last of the aprilias worth owning alongbwith your new tuono. Ive no interest post 03 in terms of styling ergos or power delivery. A perfect counterpoint to yer proper tuono:) Well wear man lovely collection.

Thats something special there and imo last of the aprilias worth owning alongbwith your new tuono. Ive no interest post 03 in terms of styling ergos or power delivery. A perfect counterpoint to yer proper tuono:) Well wear man lovely collection.
    Thanks!!
    My gen 2 Tuono is sort of my work horse.
    I can understand your point about the delivery but I don't mind it.
    It feels a bit more comfortable than my new Tuono racing and I could listen to it's twin Arrows all day long.

The Mille doesn't even come out at winter but come every summer can't wait to take it out.
    I gave two years trying to buy it before seller relented.

Thats something special there and imo last of the aprilias worth owning Ive no interest post 03

Probably no interest to you so but here's a rare bike.
    I wouldn't say no to it anyway.
    https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/aprilia-rsv-1000-rr-nera-limit-edition/1166937362-305-7455

And it's gone already.
    It was a rsvr nera.
    No. 64 out of 200

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Hey is anyone aware of a charity run on Sunday 4th August? I heard there is a charity run I think somewhere in Kildare/Meath that is pretty popular? Trying to find details about it.

Anyone around Cork and surrounding area's there's a meet tomorrow morning at Amber on the Bandon Road next to Dunnes Stores at 11.30am departing at roughly 11.45ish and heading for Killarney-Gap Of Dunloe-Sneem-Kenmare. The route may possibly change to take in Castlegregory & The Conor Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I managed to sell my BMW GSA today for close to asking. Not delighted with the price but it was better than nothing and not quite insulting.

Have to decide what's next. Still have my wife's RNineT to tide me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

D3V!L wrote: »
    I managed to sell my BMW GSA today for close to asking. Not delighted with the price but it was better than nothing and not quite insulting.

Have to decide what's next. Still have my wife's RNineT to tide me :)

1290 SuperDuke GT is the cool kid's GSA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

1290 SuperDuke GT is the cool kid's GSA.

I want to like it , I really do but the latest model is so ugly !!!

Advertisement