Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

D3V!L wrote: »
    I want to like it , I really do but the latest model is so ugly !!!

The auld KTM face is an acquired taste alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I think most KTMs are like marmite.

So what class of bike are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

zubair wrote: »
    I think most KTMs are like marmite.

So what class of bike are you considering?

Seriously thinking of going back to HD again. I found the GSA souless and I only ever took it out to go somewhere. Id never take it out for a bit of a blast.

I'm going to bide my time and see what the 2020 line up offers from all the manufacturers. So I'm not in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Seriously thinking of going back to HD again. I found the GSA souless and I only ever took it out to go somewhere. Id never take it out for a bit of a blast.

I'm going to bide my time and see what the 2020 line up offers from all the manufacturers. So I'm not in a hurry.

2019 S1000RR

:D

listermint wrote: »
    2019 S1000RR

:D

My spine wouldn't like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm currently faced with the horrible thought of selling my bike as we need a second car for a possible new job I'm lined up for.

It's depressing, but simply a lack of space and no garage means she'd just end up rusting out in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My spine wouldn't like it

The latest Rocket perhaps??

blade1 wrote: »
    The latest Rocket perhaps??

My wife sometimes reads this ......

So Noooo , never catch me on one of those !! ;)

Edit: may be due to me throwing her off the back of one on our first date !!

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm currently faced with the horrible thought of selling my bike as we need a second car for a possible new job I'm lined up for.

It's depressing, but simply a lack of space and no garage means she'd just end up rusting out in the rain.

Could you not leave it with someone you know for now,no?

My wife sometimes reads this ......

So Noooo , never catch me on one of those !! ;)

Edit: may be due to me throwing her off the back of one on our first date !!

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
    Till touch down brings me round again to find
    I'm not the man they think I am at home
    Oh no no no, I'm a rocket man

• Advertisement

What county are you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Torque it 'til your elbow clicks! ;)

With an extension bar.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The auld KTM face is an acquired taste alright.

Until you sit on them and go...... HOLYYYY ****!!!!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I love the Adventure S , just not the GT. I don't know how they got the styling so wrong on it.

Could you not leave it with someone you know for now,no?

Sadly no-one I know has a garage.
    What county are you in ?

Based in Cork.

Part of the problem is that I'm still paying it off, so I'll need to sell it to recup some of the loan on it and then get a car. It's worth it in the long run, but I've only had this bike around 5 months and I absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I had a banger in the drive way so I could have a bike and a car, missus has a car too. By a stroke of luck I was able to get a better car but was quite happy to just have a piece of crap with 4 wheels in case I needed it. Is there no way you can have both?

zubair wrote: »
    I had a banger in the drive way so I could have a bike and a car, missus has a car too. By a stroke of luck I was able to get a better car but was quite happy to just have a piece of crap with 4 wheels in case I needed it. Is there no way you can have both?

Not much of a chance no. I still have to actually get the job after all, but it's something for me to think about.

Not much of a chance no. I still have to actually get the job after all, but it's something for me to think about.

If you want to leave it somewhere over winter you cann leave in my garage but if you are in the city I'm around 35 miles from you.

If you want to leave it somewhere over winter you cann leave in my garage but if you are in the city I'm around 35 miles from you.

Cheers Blade1, might be something to consider. First of all I need to figure out if I can get away with a car and bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/101597
    Need a battery charger .
    What's yas think of this one?
    Under €50

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭The Alpha

Cheers Blade1, might be something to consider. First of all I need to figure out if I can get away with a car and bike.

You don't really want a bike if you're even thinking of getting rid of it. I'd be dead before I get rid of a bike in favour of cage.

honda boi wrote: »
    Need a battery charger .
    Under €50

Optimate are the gold standard for tenders, can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

The Alpha wrote: »
    You don't really want a bike if you're even thinking of getting rid of it. I'd be dead before I get rid of a bike in favour of cage.

Try being married to someone who is so anti bike i've been threatened with divorce on more than one occasion, i'd say the next bike i bring home will do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

honda boi wrote: »
    Need a battery charger .
    Under €50

Good chargers, I have one of the original ones still working after at least 20 years.

The Alpha wrote: »

I'm riding bikes since I was 10 and now I'm in my 30's. This is simply a case of cost. I need to be able to buy a second car to start a new job (assuming I get it) so I -might- need to sell my bike to replace it with a car until the mortgage is finalised. Quite simply, a lot of mortgage companies won't like seeing someone pay off loans for both a car and bike + my partners car. It's not a choice I'm making easily, which is why I'm looking for ways around it

Don't be coming at me with your nonsense lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Don't be coming at me with your nonsense lad.

Ain't nobody got time for that. Do what you gotta do, you can always get another bike when the dust settles. I've run very cheap cars for the last 20 years and I've kept them for 2-3 years before scrapping them and buying another one. This let me keep a decent bike at the same time - I put a 40' shipping container in my garden as a secure shed. Get the job, buy the car, sell the bike, buy a cheaper bike when you are out of the woods. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Same here..always had cheap cars over a good bike...some people have a "need" to be seen in a flash car but dont have a pot to p1ss in....all about priorities with me...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Same here, bike is worth more than the car.

• Advertisement

I have my eye on a nice Buell XB9, its going for a song. May pick it up at the weekend.

Advertisement