Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lumen wrote: »
    "POLITE" vest news from June. LOL.

Motorcyclist claims POLITE vest "ruined my life"
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/june/polite-vest-ruined-life/

Oh well, maybe there is justice after all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Eh, I'm not a fan of the Polite vests but it seems to me like he was just being ultra-careful and making sure he was well visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Eh, I'm not a fan of the Polite vests but it seems to me like he was just being ultra-careful and making sure he was well visible.
    Hate those vests things..i dont wear one, never have...i'd rather depend on my own senses and common sense.....ok so far..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads really good sale on in Halfords at the moment especially on cleaning gear. I got a bucket, large bottle of car/bike wash, 5 micro fibre cloths and a large microfibre scrub mit for €6!!!

They also have a motorist tool kit half price for 20 well worth it for the bike if going on long trips.....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Yeah, the ex-copper bike was pushing it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

He went to the cop shop to make a complaint about his treatment at the roadside and then they issued charges? His choice of bike, helmet and jacket were in poor taste but he shouldn't lose his job, house and insurance for it. I'd say there's more to this than they are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Only after Emanuel later made a complaint to the police about his treatment was he called into a police station about the incident.

That's where he went wrong

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone going out riding tomorrow morning 11am, the meet n ride group are doing one after 6pm today, can't find a weekday morning group, north Dublin group ride out is on aug bank holiday omeath to letterkenny. For me mornings are best and weekends are full of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

What's your opinion on a short arse(4"11) on a MK1 Fazer for a first bike?
    Would you think it will be too big in height?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks horse used that already.
    Doesn't seem to bad on him.
    But real world experiences are better to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Beast4mdaeast

attachmentIMG_20181104_123316_653

attachmentIMG_20181104_123316_653

Ahh pic wont show attachmentIMG_20181104_123316_653[\IMG]

Ahhh why wont my photo show

Save as a JPEG and make sure the file is small enough to upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Looks like the new Honda Monkey bike may be a little small for me !! :(

486026.JPG

Can't beat the real deal. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Afz6oTHAbo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thats a kid in a monkey suit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

www.motorcycleshop.ie are doing 15% off everything including sale items until midnight 31st . PULITSLAP code So now is the time to pick up some service items if you plan a service anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

www.motorcycleshop.ie are doing 15% off everything including sale items until midnight 31st . PULITSLAP code So now is the time to pick up some service items if you plan a service anytime soon

Cheers, already on it. Full brake pad set, dry chain lube and a new puncture repair kit ordered. Saved 20 bucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I know there's been a few questions re transporting a bike into the country, but boards.ie has a sh*t search engine so here goes again.

Can anyone recommend a courier to bring a bike from the UK back to Dublin please?.

As is the norm here too, my son has just sold another bike lol and is looking (I think there's a deposit paid) on a Ducati Hypermotard 850 SP and will need to have it shipped over.

Terrible search engine,just terrible, try this. https://youtu.be/0k_EBP8OtcU

I know there's been a few questions re transporting a bike into the country, but boards.ie has a sh*t search engine so here goes again.

Can anyone recommend a courier to bring a bike from the UK back to Dublin please?.

As is the norm here too, my son has just sold another bike lol and is looking (I think there's a deposit paid) on a Ducati Hypermotard 850 SP and will need to have it shipped over.

Ted's Trucking.
    Excellent service.

blade1 wrote: »
    Ted's Trucking.
    Excellent service.

Cheers, he mentioned those and Overlanders earlier so I said I'd throw a post up here for him.

You've used them?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Have a look at Kiely Movers. On Facebook, they are doing bike collection/delivery service from the UK to Ireland. Waterford based but they’ll deliver anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Could anyone advise on the best time of year to buy a bike? Would November/December/January be a good time? Looking to buy when there is low demand hence a better price. The prices on DoneDeal seem outrageous but we are in biking season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Could anyone recommend a driving instructor that knows the Dun Laoghaire area and would know the test route ? Cheers.

Cheers, he mentioned those and Overlanders earlier so I said I'd throw a post up here for him.

You've used them?.
    I have Mak a few weeks ago.
    They brought in my Tuono racing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You've used them?.

Used Teds myself, not a problem. Very helpful and nice to deal with.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, he's gone with Teds.

Some bike, can't wait to see it.

Since the deal is done here's the bike

Advertisement