Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BMW (Broke My Wallet).. This is has a happy ending.

My son rides a BMW R1200GS, purchased from JD's in Finglas, which is thankfully under warranty!.

So he mentioned to me his bike was making a noise when he switched on the engine, had a listen and his exhaust valve is kapput.

Brought it over to JD's, no bother she's still under warranty. I've had a few bikes with the same issue and I've always just left or removed the servo cables but I asked how much it would cost out of warranty.

ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED EURO LOL

On the later model BMW's both headers have to be replaced right back to the muffler lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

BMW (Broke My Wallet).. This is has a happy ending.

My son rides a BMW R1200GS, purchased from JD's in Finglas, which is thankfully under warranty!.

So he mentioned to me his bike was making a noise when he switched on the engine, had a listen and his exhaust valve is kapput.

Brought it over to JD's, no bother she's still under warranty. I've had a few bikes with the same issue and I've always just left or removed the servo cables but I asked how much it would cost out of warranty.

ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED EURO LOL

On the later model BMW's both headers have to be replaced right back to the muffler lol.

I got a full Akrapovic system for my 2018 GSA for less !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

D3V!L wrote: »
    I got a full Akrapovic system for my 2018 GSA for less !!

Thankfully it's still under warranty so it was just booked in with no quibbles, but I forgot to grab a coffee :mad:

Every time I clap eyes on the new 850GSA I fall more and more in love with it, pity its so crazy expensive.

I took one (the GS model) for a test and loved it.

Every time I clap eyes on the new 850GSA I fall more and more in love with it, pity its so crazy expensive.

Its hands down better looking than the 1250GSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Those are pretty chunky tyre sizes (110 and 140) for a 125cc - my CBR600F3 had 120 front 160 rear, and early model Fireblades were the same!

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Those are pretty chunky tyre sizes (110 and 140) for a 125cc - my CBR600F3 had 120 front 160 rear, and early model Fireblades were the same!
    I think that's a myth or a misprint or something about the 160 fireblade wheel HB.
    I remember someone,maybe your good self saying it before.
    It played on my mind at the time, as I recalled them being 180 so I asked someone who had several of them himself and he told me they were definitely 180.
    Well, in this part of the world anyway it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They look pretty good, not sure I'd like a Café racer as a commuter, I prefer to sit up in traffic.
    GN 125 copy engine should be good as well.
    I like the look of the Hunt S 250 more personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

blade1 wrote: »
    I think that's a myth or a misprint or something about the 160 fireblade wheel HB.
    I remember someone,maybe your good self saying it before.

Seen it with my own eyes, parked up right beside one when I still had the CBR6 and was amazed to see it, checked the sidewall markings. It was a very early Blade. Rim didn't look too big for that size tyre, either.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Seen it with my own eyes, parked up right beside one when I still had the CBR6 and was amazed to see it, checked the sidewall markings. It was a very early Blade. Rim didn't look too big for that size tyre, either.
    Probably some cheapskate got a cheap 160 and fitted it.
    Stock was 180 rear
    https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cbr900rr%2093.htm

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Probably some cheapskate got a cheap 160 and fitted it.
    Stock was 180 rear
    https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cbr900rr%2093.htm

Yeah there was several 1992 blades in the group of lads I was with back in the day and 180 went on them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Pulled up alongside a dude with a brand new (3 days old) 125cc Bullit Spirit in that lovely green colour. Very tidy looking bike for the price. Had a quick chat and he said he doesn't like commuting on his larger bike.

https://www.bikeworld.ie/site/motorcycle/bullit-spirit-125/

Depends on what someone calls commuting.

I'd call it a commute if it's 15 k plus .

Inside that it's a jaunt down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Thankfully it's still under warranty so it was just booked in with no quibbles, but I forgot to grab a coffee :mad:

I took one (the GS model) for a test and loved it.

Followed you on the m50 this morning, I had to smile at you giving out to the truck driver in the middle lane :-)

The_Chap wrote: »
    Followed you on the m50 this morning, I had to smile at you giving out to the truck driver in the middle lane :-)

How's the truckdriver doing? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

The rains a bit warmer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

So got quote back for repairs on my new Ninja 400 (taxi driver reversed into me!) ....a touch over 4k !!!!!

So glad I went down the insurance route as he wanted to try sort it out ourselves.

big syke wrote: »
    So got quote back for repairs on my new Ninja 400 (taxi driver reversed into me!) ....a touch over 4k !!!!!

So glad I went down the insurance route as he wanted to try sort it out ourselves.

Always best. Most car drivers think bikes are cheap to run and repair. I've had some silly offers of money for repairs after crashes. A woman rear ended me on a new ZZR1400 and she thought it was going to be 5-600 euro. Ended up costing her 25k !! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Always best. Most car drivers think bikes are cheap to run and repair. I've had some silly offers of money for repairs after crashes. A woman rear ended me on a new ZZR1400 and she thought it was going to be 5-600 euro. Ended up costing her 25k !! :pac:

Yep - lesson learned.

:eek::eek::eek: 25K!!!

Ye I honestly thought it would be 600 or so. An LED light alone is 900 apparently!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Anyone got a number for Carole Nash when you are outside ireland

hairyslug wrote: »
    Anyone got a number for Carole Nash when you are outside ireland

+353 1 8508990

Monday to Friday office hours.

I'm trying to decide if I want to jack in my taxsaver bus ticket in favour of commuting on my bike !! Turns out the cost of petrol and the ticket are more or less the same.

• Advertisement

I'm trying to decide if I want to jack in my taxsaver bus ticket in favour of commuting on my bike !! Turns out the cost of petrol and the ticket are more or less the same.

The price of sanity, you have not accounted for.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Cost of the LUAS was more expensive than the running costs of my 125cc. Its why I decided to get one, well that and it was doing my head in getting crushed in the morning.

I'm paying tax, insurance and loan repayments for my BMW 1200 GSA to sit in the garage. It'll cost me €60 for the tax saver ticket for the bus or €60 for petrol for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Will you save much time? Can you put a price on that?

It's worth keeping a pay-as-you-go leap for the few days a year you won't be able to ride.

Cian_ok wrote: »
    Will you save much time? Can you put a price on that?

It's worth keeping a pay-as-you-go leap for the fees days a year you won't be able to ride.

The commute time will be around the same i'd say give or take 5 - 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I love my Dragstar. I absolutely love riding it in all weathers. I've never had a bad journey on it.

But why is it, every single day I find myself looking at Harley Davidson's and desperately working out away to survive the crippling debt buying one would entail.

The commute time will be around the same i'd say give or take 5 - 10 minutes.

Your doing it wrong :P

listermint wrote: »
    Your doing it wrong :P

The bus I get takes the port tunnel. Its insanely quick considering the distance. I'd be taking the alternative non-toll route.

I'm going to put it to the test for a week and see how I get on. Only way to sell it to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mamax

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I love my Dragstar. I absolutely love riding it in all weathers. I've never had a bad journey on it.

But why is it, every single day I find myself looking at Harley Davidson's and desperately working out away to survive the crippling debt buying one would entail.

Slap yourself hard !

Now carry on :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

You can't wheelie a bus!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

zubair wrote: »
    You can't wheelie a bus!

Who says ? :):)
    school bus wheelie - YouTube

Advertisement