Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Hilarious how she hides one of her awards was sponsored by Glaxo Smithkline the BIG PHARMA company.

She wouldnt win anything nowadays her videos are so littered with fake and false news.
    If I recall correctly, her Mary Boyle award was from a pretty questionable group.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

rgossip30 wrote: »
    https://gemmaodoherty.com/awards/. Despite the criticism GoD has won 7awards over the years for journalism .

2 on the list you've quoted from Gemma's website are nomiations not awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hilarious how she hides one of her awards was sponsored by Glaxo Smithkline the BIG PHARMA company.

Hidden in plain sight? It's right there in the photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

lbc2019 wrote: »

Someone said her followers should be called Gemmaroids :pac::pac::pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Gemtards?:P

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

https://gemmaodoherty.com/awards/. Despite the criticism GoD has won 7awards over the years for journalism .

Can't see the full list of awards. There's a floating cookie notice covering some of them. It says "You can switch off cookies in your browser."

Hmm - I don't think that actually complies with the relevant directive... she's tracking me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

humberklog wrote: »
    2 on the list you've quoted from Gemma's website are nomiations not awards.

Your just jealous your an unpaid mod here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Your just jealous your an unpaid mod here.

Mod: This is needlessly personal. No more of this crap. Last warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Its great to see Gemma talking about Immigratiom we need a debate on this issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,516 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Its great to see Gemma talking about Immigratiom we need a debate on this issue.

We talk about nothing feckin else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,026 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is this what her liverstreams are like? Just her bleating away for 90 minutes?

lol

Love the classic alt-right tactics "I met a man the other day who said" and using it to attack Muslims.

Shes great entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Do you have an issue with interracial marriages? You've been asked a few times but ignored every time. I'm also pretty confident that you only care about non white immigrants...

batgoat wrote: »
    Do you have an issue with interracial marriages? You've been asked a few times but ignored every time. I'm also pretty confident that you only care about non white immigrants...

I'm against Mass Immigration of any kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

At this stage I think any immigrant would contribute more to society than Gemma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'm going to type this in a way that can be understood.

We. Don't. Have. Open. Borders.

I'm against Mass Immigration of any kind.

We better start deporting all the South Africans here then

DubInMeath wrote: »
    We better start deporting all the South Africans here then

I hear that that "Irish for the Irish" Irexit party had to offer their spokesperson position to an immigrant...

I hear that that "Irish for the Irish" Irexit party had to offer their spokesperson position to an immigrant...

Ah sure there are Irish people in the UK being interviewed, writing articles etc supporting brexit, surely they could have hired one of them.

I'm going to type this in a way that can be understood.

We. Don't. Have. Open. Borders.

We do for all Asylum Seekers and anybody from the EU.

Over 500 million people from the EU can legally come to Ireland.

So you're agreed, then - not open borders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

:eek: Where will we fit them all!?!?! Me ma's got a spare couch to sleep on if someone is stuck...

:eek: Where will we fit them all!?!?! Me ma's got a spare couch to sleep on if someone is stuck...

Better get the best china out and dusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

What would you like? Perhaps we should just rip up that silly old Geneva Convention on Refugees? Sure who needs that like.

As for the 500 million potential new inhabitants - that's not very likely is it? Do you think Henri and Marcella are going to wake up one morning and think Non! Provence and Tuscany are not for us. Ballyheigue here we come.
    Why Berlin when you could have Ballymun?

I'm amazed it's taking them so long to arrive tbh.

Of course, conversely 5 million of us can go live anywhere in the E.U legally. Which is far more likely to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭ollkiller

It's called freedom of movement within the EU. It is not a new thing. And its a good thing. For people outside the EU we do not have an open border policy. No matter how many times you say we do we don't.

On the flip side you don't want immigration so you're obviously ok with no migration from Ireland (cause no one has ever left right?). If no one can come in no one can leave. That sound OK to you.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What would you like? Perhaps we should just rip up that silly old Geneva Convention on Refugees? Sure who needs that like.

As for the 500 million potential new inhabitants - that's not very likely is it? Do you think Henri and Marcella are going to wake up one morning and think Non! Provence and Tuscany are not for us. Ballyheigue here we come.
    Why Berlin when you could have Ballymun?

I'm amazed it's taking them so long to arrive tbh.

Of course, conversely 5 million of us can go live anywhere in the E.U legally. Which is far more likely to happen.

If it was up to me I'd pull out of it we have being taking for a ride for far too long.

The vast majority of asylum seekers here are bogus and have no idea how they got into Ireland.

We should look at Japan as example of "best practice" for dealing with asylum applications.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-refuses-asylum-to-90pc-of-applicants-35229842.html

So you're agreed, then - not open borders.

Anybody in the world can come here once they say the magic word "asylum".

If it was up to me I'd pull out of it we have being taking for a ride for far too long.

The vast majority of asylum seekers here are bogus and have no idea how they got into Ireland.

We should look at Japan as example of "best practice" for dealing with asylum applications.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-refuses-asylum-to-90pc-of-applicants-35229842.html

Thankfully it's not up to you.

No. They can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

And yet the article you linked to says 90% of asylum applications are rejected and we've one of the toughest application processes in Europe...

• Advertisement

Any evidence for to support this statement, and I don't mean the tinfoil hat white nationalist/supremacist YouTube and site links you usually provide when asked.

And yet the article you linked to says 90% of asylum applications are rejected and we've one of the toughest application processes in Europe...

That's because they are bogus.

The problem is they are almost never deported.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

How does this conveniently invisible undeported populace survive with no income, the lack of ability to get a job "on the books", access state services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭ollkiller

More nonsense. In 2016 out of 4,446 people deported from Ireland (most denied at point of entry) 428 failed asylum seekers were deported.

Let's hear you next accusation without a shred of evidence. Also i'm still waiting to know if your against migration from Ireland. If no one can come in no one can leave, Right?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,842 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

all i hear is "der durk aurr derbs ! "

we dont have mass immigration into ireland.
    if anything we have an aging population which isnt being renewed by our own, whcih will lead to a major sh!testorm in teh future in regards to pensions and health care costs.

we dont have 'open borders' to all immigrants either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Hope there's a cream for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

lbc2019 wrote: »

Hope there's a cream for it!

Common sense, by Olay

Birneybau wrote: »
    Common sense, by Olay

Because you're worth it and so are your kids.
    Different brand I know but hey a bit of cooperation needed for these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Here's my theory about Gemma. She was always a bit out there and when she over stepped the mark by door stepping Callinan she got put in her place by the obvious powerful people who do pull a few strings. She then lost the plot and began to believe that every strata of society is controlled and it is all a big conspiracy.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Any evidence for to support this statement, and I don't mean the tinfoil hat white nationalist/supremacist YouTube and site links you usually provide when asked.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-refuses-asylum-to-90pc-of-applicants-35229842.html. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/asylum-status-eligibility. There is no restrictions on who can apply listed . I do remember Charlie Flanagan saying on TV that they just turn up and we have by law to examine the case .These are well known facts per many years you obviously know very little about this system it's also going off topic.

Odhinn wrote: »
    How does this conveniently invisible undeported populace survive with no income, the lack of ability to get a job "on the books", access state services?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/less-than-a-fifth-of-deportation-orders-carried-out-1.3680876. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/varadkar-urged-not-to-forget-undocumented-living-in-ireland-1.3429507. The links above show the numbers and a reason ,live with relatives ,go to the UK return home get cash work ,enter a marriage have a child here.Tis is off topic .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Didn't know these things existed.

477489.jpg

Fruit loop is such an apt phrase....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

TJJP wrote: »
    Didn't know these things existed.

477489.jpg

They're going to cook them with 5G so we become Soros slaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Billcarson wrote: »
    Tackling corruption mainly. As for mass migration I would have concerns about it but that didn't mean I'm against migration entirely or anything like that .

Sorry, do you know anybody who is in favour of corruption? If you support the stance of the likes of Gemma and her loonies then what you are saying, to differentiate yourself from saner opponents of misuse of power, is that you think it can all be resolved by:
    restricting the "mainstream media" whose power, in this era of social media has never weaker;
    ranting about "Dublin 4 elites" and leaving aside the false assumption that Dublin 4 equals elite or that the horrendous middle class accent often wrongly called D4 which anybody with a note in their head despises, don't you find it an irony that Gemma possesses just such an accent and went to that most D4 of schools, Muckross in Donnybrook?;
    equating the recovery of legitimate debt with a "land grab" against the Irish people--rarely true and each case should be taken on its merits. Laws used to recover property, including residences, in lieu of debt defaults are Irish laws, drawn up by an Irish legislature acting in accordance with an Irish republican constitution. Bleating about "foreign banks" and "nothern mercenaries" is just populist tripe;
    Blaming much of our ills on "globalism" as if that were an ideology cooked up by bogey man figures such as George Soros. Globalisation isn't an ideology; it's a technology based fact of modern life. Why do people use the Internet to buy mobile phones from China or clothes from India or consumer goods from anywhere and everywhere? Because they CAN!! And that has more to do with Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and the guys who set up Intel than it has to do with the likes of Mr Soros.

As for blaming ills on immigrants: that's NEVER a good idea, always dangerous and just appeals to the lowest instincts in people. And it's a red herring anyway. If you want to get rid of migrants, just trash your economy. That'll deter them. Of course, then WE become the migrants....again.....

Sorry, do you know anybody who is in favour of corruption? If you support the stance of the likes of Gemma and her loonies then what you are saying, to differentiate yourself from saner opponents of misuse of power, is that you think it can all be resolved by:
    restricting the "mainstream media" whose power, in this era of social media has never weaker;
    ranting about "Dublin 4 elites" and leaving aside the false assumption that Dublin 4 equals elite or that the horrendous middle class accent often wrongly called D4 which anybody with a note in their head despises, don't you find it an irony that Gemma possesses just such an accent and went to that most D4 of schools, Muckross in Donnybrook?;
    equating the recovery of legitimate debt with a "land grab" against the Irish people--rarely true and each case should be taken on its merits. Laws used to recover property, including residences, in lieu of debt defaults are Irish laws, drawn up by an Irish legislature acting in accordance with an Irish republican constitution. Bleating about "foreign banks" and "nothern mercenaries" is just populist tripe;
    Blaming much of our ills on "globalism" as if that were an ideology cooked up by bogey man figures such as George Soros. Globalisation isn't an ideology; it's a technology based fact of modern life. Why do people use the Internet to buy mobile phones from China or clothes from India or consumer goods from anywhere and everywhere? Because they CAN!! And that has more to do with Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and the guys who set up Intel than it has to do with the likes of Mr Soros.

As for blaming ills on immigrants: that's NEVER a good idea, always dangerous and just appeals to the lowest instincts in people. And it's a red herring anyway. If you want to get rid of migrants, just trash your economy. That'll deter them. Of course, then WE become the migrants....again.....
    I think most object to freeloaders who come in the backdoor and demand benefits. The rules for EU and welfare should also carry restrictions one of the reasons for Brexit.

I think most object to freeloaders who come in the backdoor and demand benefits. The rules for EU and welfare should also carry restrictions one of the reasons for Brexit.

LOL

i wouldnt be pointing to brexit as an argument for getting out of the EU because of border control issues.

The UK seems to have completely forgotten that they allowed actual "open border" policy for immigrants from the Caribbean due to their nationality act of 1948 which bestowed british citizenship on their colonies.

now they complain about immigrants because of the EU free movement.

i would be comical if it wasnt so tragic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

sydthebeat wrote: »
    LOL

i wouldnt be pointing to brexit as an argument for getting out of the EU because of border control issues.

The UK seems to have completely forgotten that they allowed actual "open border" policy for immigrants from the Caribbean due to their nationality act of 1948 which bestowed british citizenship on their colonies.

now they complain about immigrants because of the EU free movement.

i would be comical if it wasnt so tragic.

Worse still Syd, these morons voted to leave the EU because they believed that not only could they stop EU migration, but they's also stop Non-EU migration.

From their former colonies.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/less-than-a-fifth-of-deportation-orders-carried-out-1.3680876. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/varadkar-urged-not-to-forget-undocumented-living-in-ireland-1.3429507. The links above show the numbers and a reason ,live with relatives ,go to the UK return home get cash work ,enter a marriage have a child here.Tis is off topic .

Being married to an Irish Citizen doesn't automatically mean the person gets Irish citizenship, it helps but doesn't mean that people can't be deporteD or even gain entry to Ireland if not an EU citizen. I'm sure your aware of this.

Also the link you provided earlier states that 90% of claims for asylum are rejected, not the open borders you and drr brown are claiming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Worse still Syd, these morons voted to leave the EU because they believed that not only could they stop EU migration, but they's also stop Non-EU migration.

From their former colonies.

Better again, some of them were very upbeat about the prospect of less Muslim immigration, by essentially replacing EU immigrants with Commonwealth ones over time.

EU Muslim population: around 45mn
    Commonwealth Muslim population: around 500mn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Is that what's happening? Are there hordes of "foreigners" flocking here because they've heard El Dorado-like tales of our wonderful welfare state? "Wait till you see the free Bed and Breakfast accommodation they give to the homeless in Ireland! It's fab!! And if you get sick, you only have to wait on a trolley in an emergency department for about a day while they get a bed for you. Even for the Irish themselves the wonderful free health service is a matter of national pride!!""

With all due respect, yours is a straw-man argument. In practice, what most people resent about immigrants is the work they DO, not what they don't do. They resent the competition for jobs, not their idleness. Was the Limerick pogrom of more than 100 years ago about welfare payments? No. It started off at resentment by the lower end of the business community about the unwelcome competition that had appeared in town.

This is not just an Irish thing either. Have a listen to that paragon of racial harmony [/heavy sarcasm] Ice Cube and his diatribe about Korean shopkeepers (Black Korea, it's on Youtube) who had the nerve to set up in his "hood". No mention of skiving or jumping hospital waiting lists there. Give him a white pasty face and a Limerick accent and shift his target from Koreans to Jews and he'd be indistinguishable from our forebears in 1904.

As for the EU rules on welfare and restrictions: I believe there are many such restrictions that can be put in place without breaching the "four freedoms". But that doesn't sit well with some people's agendas.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement