Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Well and has brought out of the woodwork some right leftover nuts.

True.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

We must say yes to everything like our government agree and be silent .

We must not challenge extreme hatemongering of free speech?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

We must not challenge extreme hatemongering of free speech?

The only issue I have is fake news and false conspiracy a filter is required .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

If you're to filter through everything Gemma has said in the last year. It's a genuine struggle to filter out what is true. It would tend to fall in the low percentages. Probably need to find more credible people to idolise.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That was biko who compared her to a Swedish holocaust denier.
    Disgusting calumny
    My comparison was that they both were respected journalists that "fell from grace", that's all.
    The holocaust denial was not brought up by me, but by the poster 1641.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

biko wrote: »
    My comparison was that they both were respected journalists that "fell from grace", that's all.
    The holocaust denial was not brought up by me, but by the poster 1641.
    And rather than just "going her own way" as you put it, the holocaust denials certainly help explain why that journalist as you claimed "now is "unpopular" with the mainstream media" don't you agree?

batgoat wrote: »
    If you're to filter through everything Gemma has said in the last year. It's a genuine struggle to filter out what is true. It would tend to fall in the low percentages. Probably need to find more credible people to idolise.

You can tell me who you idolise I won'tgo into a rant .

You can tell me who you idolise I won'tgo into a rant .

So that's a no to addressing anything that I said?

batgoat wrote: »
    So that's a no to addressing anything that I said?

Ah go on tell me .No reason unless you can give one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Birneybau wrote: »
    Finger on the pulse with a load of cranks

Load of cranks, sure. I see theres loads of protests in the village looking to keep the immigrant centre open, isn't there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,807 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What I'd say to you and everyone, is take the issues she has made her hobby horses, remove the prism of Gemma and her like and the "MSM" and every other commentator, go to the source material, the science, the evidence and make up your own mind.

I have and I know I think Gemma O'Doherty is a dangerous influence that relys on the vulnerable and the disaffected for oxygen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

• Registered Users Posts: 23,807 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

lbc2019 wrote: »

Fair shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I dont know how anyone can defend her at this stage.

Cork next week will be extremely nasty.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I dont know how anyone can defend her at this stage.

Cork next week will be extremely nasty.

It goes from mad to madder with her .. bizarre really

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

She highlights a lot of areas that people don't want to accept, so instead they resort to insults and name calling to protect their own bubble.

This world unfortunately is controlled by evil that operate in the shadows. A lot that was predicted 2,000 years ago is coming true today. It was said everyone will have the mark of the beast in their right hand or forehead. We see today the move towards micro chipping where eventually we cannot buy or sell something without our life's savings stored in a chip.

We here calls on this thread of homophobia when rightly calling out the homosexual agenda they are pushing through the schools, universities and workplaces.

Calls of anti Semitic and nazi when discussing the Rothschilds and 12 family ownership of the federal reserve.

Calls of conspiracy and bathshlt crazy when discussing chemtrails, fluoride water, weather manipulation, vaccines, economic migration, funding terrorist groups, illegal coups, etc.

Reality is people have come through an indoctrinated education system, watch mass produced propaganda through the MSM, have turned more towards sin and insult anyone that counters their lifestyle or perception of the world they have been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It was said everyone will have the mark of the beast in their right hand or forehead.

Is that the ashes on ash Wednesday?

Right so... Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

She highlights a lot of areas that people don't want to accept, so instead they resort to insults and name calling to protect their own bubble.

Do stupid people know they are stupid. Discuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

Do stupid people know they are stupid. Discuss

Apparently not, Ireland has one of the lowest average IQs in the Western World.

Significantly lower than most first world nations.

There's something called the Dunning Kruger Effect, it may explain why a country which was forced by the EU (A bomb will go off in Dublin..remember that?) to take on 42% of Europes banking debt would be so fanatically pro EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

This world unfortunately is controlled by evil that operate in the shadows. A lot that was predicted 2,000 years ago is coming true today. It was said everyone will have the mark of the beast in their right hand or forehead. We see today the move towards micro chipping where eventually we cannot buy or sell something without our life's savings stored in a chip.
    Are you talking about cashless payments? I've never come across any requirement about what you have to do with your life's savings - what are you referring to here?

We here calls on this thread of homophobia when rightly calling out the homosexual agenda they are pushing through the schools, universities and workplaces.

Is it this one?

Calls of conspiracy and bathshlt crazy when discussing chemtrails, fluoride water, weather manipulation, vaccines, economic migration, funding terrorist groups, illegal coups, etc.
    Well, this is awkward. How can I put this - Yes. Yes, batsh1t crazy indeed.

Reality is people have come through an indoctrinated education system, watch mass produced propaganda through the MSM, have turned more towards sin and insult anyone that counters their lifestyle or perception of the world they have been given.

There is some truth in the 'indoctrinated education system' concern. Irish people have been indoctrinated for decades from age 4 into some mythical world of non-existing spiritual beings as a means to controlling them. But there are some positive steps away from this indoctrination in recent years, you'll be glad to hear.

What is this 'sin' that you're referring to?

Is it this one?

No, more like this one

22499875-211740642698469-4098762246342049792-n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Sorry I removed the discuss part.

it may explain why a country which was forced by the EU (A bomb will go off in Dublin..remember that?) to take on 42% of Europes banking debt would be so fanatically pro EU.

Do stupid people know they are stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

A lot that was predicted 2,000 years ago is coming true today.

It was said everyone will have the mark of the beast in their right hand or forehead.

I'm sure I'll regret asking, but can you elaborate on the above?

Fear of the gay 'agenda' could surely be accurately labelled homophobia?

They're called batshít crazy because those proposing the conspiracy can offer no proof. Just the usual wolf whistles like mentioning Rothschild when people mean 'Jews'. Proving a conspiracy (like a coup) moves it from the conspiracy to accepted fact but what's often missing is anything resembling facts that can move it to fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

There's something called the Dunning Kruger Effect, it may explain why a country which was forced by the EU (A bomb will go off in Dublin..remember that?) to take on 42% of Europes banking debt would be so fanatically pro EU.

So Anglo made up 42% of the EU banking industry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Calls of anti Semitic and nazi when discussing the Rothschilds and 12 family ownership of the federal reserve.

Because no one has ever been wrong when predicting the end tomes/anti christ, ever.

Ipso wrote: »
    So Anglo made up 42% of the EU banking industry?

If you are not aware of this then I would wonder about your other opinions..this is common knowledge

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/42-of-europes-banking-crisis-paid-by-ireland-219703.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Frightening. God help those poor innocent young children.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

That’s a fairly dubious statistic - very few people take the statistics on IQ (as measured by Lynn) - seriously these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement