Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

AIM was already in MCU, with Iron Man 3.

Completely forgot about that, good catch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Would it not be best to spoiler tag any speculation for reveals and future episodes especially on a show like this which is based (however loosely) on existing material and characters. I've been following the development of this show and had forgotten certain castings so it would be nice of the show still had some surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Ridley

Copy/pasting from another thread if I may.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thoughts and theories:
    “The Devil is in the details”
    “That’s not the only thing he’s in!”

That feels like a massive tease for a certain Marvel character.

The fact they announced who Gabrielle is in the show when the actress was cast feels like a little bit of a misstep, so be careful of people want to avoid spoilers on who she is.

My thoughts are Wanda is stuck in some sort of prison which is manifesting itself as the TV shows, hooking in people and capturing them as the show goes on (multiple characters seem to be introduced after she finds the SWORD helicopter), but she clearly has some level of control over it.

Maybe SWORD trying to get in to save either her or the other captives.

What
    SWORD
    stands for in the MCU is out in the wilds of the Internet which might give the game away with where the neighbourhood is. Not posting it in here cause I don't actually want to spoil people. :P

I'm wondering if the whole situation is an attempt at grief counselling for Wanda that's backfired and the fantasy is simply so preferable to reality that any attempts to pull her out of it is rejected
    and she's dragging those around her in with her
    . I suspect that the
    Grim Reaper helmet easter egg in the Bescarletwitched titles
    is just a reminder that Vision's gone.

Heard a theory recorded before WandaVision launched on, iirc, the Cinematic Universe podcast that Wanda is what opens up the multiverse. Could be the MCU's version of the comics'
    "No more mutants."
    moment.

Something's off about the neighbourhood but it hasn't gotten Strange yet..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

E2: continues to be underwhelming. Again I’ve no doubt the payoff is going to be great, but still think it’ll be a chore getting there. I think this is one where I should have waited until they where all out before watching.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

No.More.Spoilers.

(either you'll get it or you wont)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

horgan_p wrote: »
    No.More.Spoilers.

(either you'll get it or you wont)

So thats just 198 spoilers left then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Loughc wrote: »
    Disney plus came out and admitted they planned it weekly to keep monthly subscribers engaged and subscribed for longer. Even if you wait til March to binge watch the whole season Loki is releasing then.

You watch one episode of that or wait until May to binge that.

It’s a clever model and I don’t blame them for doing it. Parts of me wishes I waited to binge it but the genie is out of the bottle now.

I wouldn't call it clever because it isn't a unique approach, basically every streaming service aside from Netflix is doing this now with their big name shows.

I know we're in a world of demanding instant gratification but this complaint seems to come up on every thread of new shows released weekly. Sure it is nice to binge but I don't get these complaints coming up every single time. A show like this with mystery it is good to build off things week to week. It isn't a bad thing to be left wanting more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it clever because it isn't a unique approach, basically every streaming service aside from Netflix is doing this now with their big name shows.

I know we're in a world of demanding instant gratification but this complaint seems to come up on every thread of new shows released weekly. Sure it is nice to binge but I don't get these complaints coming up every single time. A show like this with mystery it is good to build off things week to week. It isn't a bad thing to be left wanting more.

Weekly is fine as long as a compelling hook is established from the first episode. The "hook" people are latching onto here, of course in my opinion, isn't earned by the first two episodes but rather what people are already aware of between the MCU and the comics it's based on.

We readily hear the argument in the genre of "can it stand on its own two feet" without having to fill in dots. I don't believe this show achieved it in its first two episodes. The mystery is redundant because we already know what's happening; the show is just dicking about with it.

Really is no excuse for it in a 9-10 episode run and the more it's forgiven, the more we're going end up with crap like Stark Trek Discovery masquerading as prestige TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Absolute rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

First episode was weird, felt like just a very generic sitcom. If they are going for parody, it's not working yet.

Second episode was better, felt darker and can tell something is going to go down although very run of the mill

Ill continue to watch out of curiosity. Can't say it's all that enjoyable though

Is it a laughter track or live audience? Cause I've no idea how anyone could laugh out loud for anything in the first 2 episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Laugh track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Ridley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Crap unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

If you have a familiarity with classic early sitcoms such as I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Duke Show, Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie you will enjoy Wandavision opening two episodes if you don't well maybe binge watch some episodes of those shows during lockdown.

So many great sitcoms dont get repeated today especially black and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

paulie1983 wrote: »
    If you have a familiarity with classic early sitcoms such as I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Duke Show, Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie you will enjoy Wandavision opening two episodes if you don't well maybe binge watch some episodes of those shows during lockdown.

So many great sitcoms dont get repeated today especially black and white.

Other than it being in b&w there are absolutely no similarities to those well written and perfectly timed comedies.
    Wandavision is someones masturbatory ego trip so far and nothing more imo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I feel when this show has run its course it will be a watch from end to beginning to understand what's going on will probably come with a disclaimer of you should know the smallest background info on the characters involved before watching. :)

I feel when this show has run its course it will be a watch from end to beginning to understand what's going on will probably come with a disclaimer of you should know the smallest background info on the characters involved before watching. :)

Yep, you just know the payoff is gonna be good. But I do think getting there is a bit of chore. They really could have put a bit more work into the early episodes to make it more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

No idea what's really going on but it has me interested atleast. Got caught out with the ending thought there would be some post credit scene as it ended but had 6 minutes of running time left but only ended up being credits for all the different national voice actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Disney+ is 7€ a month here... what is for you people back in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

About the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Disney+ is 7€ a month here... what is for you people back in Ireland?

6.99,i assume they will be gradually upping the price as more of these style of shows release?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

klose wrote: »
    6.99,i assume they will be gradually upping the price as more of these style of shows release?

Price increase is coming mid-Feb but they are Adding Stars channel to the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

I enjoyed the two episodes, but knowing that there will be a payoff makes all the difference. Trying to spot clues or other Marvel nuggets also helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Ridley wrote: »

audience and crew that dressed in the era clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disney own the rights to Fantasy Island maybe Wanda want on holiday there and wished to have Vision back and now the Island's magic is clashing with her magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Weekly is fine as long as a compelling hook is established from the first episode. The "hook" people are latching onto here, of course in my opinion, isn't earned by the first two episodes but rather what people are already aware of between the MCU and the comics it's based on.

We readily hear the argument in the genre of "can it stand on its own two feet" without having to fill in dots. I don't believe this show achieved it in its first two episodes. The mystery is redundant because we already know what's happening; the show is just dicking about with it.

Really is no excuse for it in a 9-10 episode run and the more it's forgiven, the more we're going end up with crap like Stark Trek Discovery masquerading as prestige TV.

Disagree with your perspective. To me you can't assess a show or movie in isolation because practically no one else is. A large majority of the audience are watching because they have a connection or 'hook' to the characters and the show is developed knowing this fact. Comments like 'this wouldn't work if it wasn't MCU (or Star Wars etc) don't make sense because these are MCU and they are leveraging this in their approach.

Personally I have never enjoyed any form of 'dream sequence' on any show or movie so what we've seen so far is very much outside my comfort zone. Given how most, if not all, of the MCU shows lined up will be very much back to real world action, and basically everything we've seen already in MCU movies, I'm willing to see where this show takes us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Ridley wrote: »

That's quite spoilery towards the end.

Remind me again what they did in Wakanda with Vision. I know they tried to separate the Mindstone from him, I also remember Shuri doing something just before the Thanos army infiltrated the base. Was anything ever explained after that scene. Like what was the end result? Did they manage to copy him or anything? Or was it just assumed they couldn’t separate him in time before Thanos got to him and removed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I rewatched the first episode today and I'm not really sure what people expected from it, like any pilot it was about setting up the "sit" in sitcom with hints of something more going on. I think maybe what's throwing people off how far down the sitcoms path the show is prepared to go and just like with any comedy humour is subjective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't know what to make of it to be honest. Switched it off half way through the first episode. Came back a few days later and watched it to the end of the 2nd episode. So far I can't see what audiences it's aimed at.

I'm a big Marvel movie fan so hopefully it will get better

Advertisement