Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, that season finale for the Mandalorian....
    Luke Bloody Skywalker!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So, that season finale for the Mandalorian....
    Luke Bloody Skywalker!!!

But did you watch AFTER the credits?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    But did you watch AFTER the credits?
    The Book of Boba Fett!

Excited for that. Also, thrilled for Ming-Na Wen too, who I could watch play her kickass characters all day. Wonder though if it's going to be The Mandalorian Season 3, or an utterly seperate side story. Ive seen speculation they may say what we've seen so far is "The Book of Din Djarin", and now we move to having Boba as the lead for a bit. Both Boba and Season 3 are scheduled for Dec 2021.

The Book of Boba Fett!

Excited for that. Also, thrilled for Ming-Na Wen too, who I could watch play her kickass characters all day. Wonder though if it's going to be The Mandalorian Season 3, or an utterly seperate side story. Ive seen speculation they may say what we've seen so far is "The Book of Din Djarin", and now we move to having Boba as the lead for a bit. Both Boba and Season 3 are scheduled for Dec 2021.

I think, and I could be massively wrong or right, but it could be the same show with the subtitle attached and extra episodes, like 10 or 12, instead of the usual 8.
    Boba Fett
    gives Din his quests/side missions.

Wouldn't make much sense ditching Din now, knowing he's going to be in the Rangers Of The New Republic & Ahsoka series in some shape or form, and that
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    is coming down the track eventually.

That said, I've got total trust in whatever Dave Filoni & Jon Favreau are doing long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,342 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A nice Jerry Lawler cameo of sorts in Wonder Woman 84

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A nice Jerry Lawler cameo of sorts in Wonder Woman 84

Was he trying to hit in a girl less than half his age in 84?

Man, I usually like the DC films but the script of Ww84 is absolutely woeful. Like, just insanely bad.

Characters motivations are never explained or make sense. There’s massive plot holes. Some of the special effects are awful. Chris Pine’s character seems to be written as if he’s from 150 years in the past, rather than about 50 (he seems stunned by trains, as if he wasn’t on one in the first film...).

And I’m fairly certain
    Wonder Woman rapes a guy and it’s never mentioned. The moral questions of Pine inhabiting a guys body never gets addressed. Like, it doesn’t seem she thinks for a second about the fact the guy did not consent to his body being taken over. It’s bizarre.

The actors are great but the script is horrific, and there’s basic issues that stuns me how they got away with.

Didn't know where to post this.

'You cannot kill David Arquette' - The documentary about his return to wrestling is on Sky Documentaries tonight at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 37,876 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trailer Park boys have a new series on the Swearnet app (other ways of getting it) which is set in Jail. New episode each Friday

Feels so unusual seeing them out of character and then been other characters in the swearnet series. The guy who plays Bubbles seems a bit of a dick

• Advertisement

WandaVision starts on Friday, finally kicking off Marvel's Phase 4.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WandaVision starts on Friday, finally kicking off Marvel's Phase 4.

Very excited for it. Missed my bit of marvel last year. I got a Disney plus account in anticipation of what’s on offer this year. Some serious content already on Disney plus.

Loughc wrote: »
    Very excited for it. Missed my bit of marvel last year. I got a Disney plus account in anticipation of what’s on offer this year. Some serious content already on Disney plus.

Last year was just utterly strange without Marvel stuff to look forward to. Bloody pandemic. But this year, we're getting all the Marvel content, starts with WandaVision and that'll run right up to the week The Falcon & The Winter Soldier starts, then there's the Loki show in May i think, Hawkeye then probably October/November. Think the animated What If? series launches in the summer as well.

Then there's the eventual Star Wars spin offs from The Mandalorian.

Curious to see what they'll do with the Black Widow & Eternals movies respectively. Will they be a Premium thing on Disney+ or theatrical releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Last year was just utterly strange without Marvel stuff to look forward to. Bloody pandemic. But this year, we're getting all the Marvel content, starts with WandaVision and that'll run right up to the week The Falcon & The Winter Soldier starts, then there's the Loki show in May i think, Hawkeye then probably October/November. Think the animated What If? series launches in the summer as well.

I like and dislike the fact they're releasing content weekly as opposed to all at once for binging, it makes for better conversation about the shows but it also means you'll have to be subbed the whole time to do so, as opposed to maybe once every 3 months if they released all at once

You can still wait until it's all out obviously but you're missing out on a lot of the fun with it then, plus at €7 a month it's hardly worth the effort of the "Turkish" method like with Netflix or going for family plans with a few randomers and being stuck with the screens you can use

Me waiting for new Marvel content:

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Last year was just utterly strange without Marvel stuff to look forward to. Bloody pandemic.

It's been really awesome for me, having a break from being constantly slammed about new Marvel and DC stuff. Especially after Endgame, it's a nice mental breather. It's been a long 10+ years and a fitting cap to it all. Rather this break than a "Walking Dead it's never gonna end" type feeling, even if it isn't ever gonna end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah I agree, I actually think it was perfect timing for Marvel with Phase 3 ending and getting a proper break. I personally wouldn't have had much interest in Black Widow or Shang-Chi anyway, assume they'll get the Mulan treatment on Disney+ and I may be tempted then. But if things are safe(r) by November then Eternals could be the first film I and a lot of other people see in a cinema in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Agents of SHIELD finale was the true Endgame. :)
    Looking forward to WandaVision. I think I just watched the first trailer and chose not to watch more.

Think I said before but until it's delayed release was announced I thought Black Widow was meant to be Disney+ exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

God I really do miss the cinema can’t believe it’s almost a year since I’ve been invisible man was the last one I saw

Chris Evans could be returning as Captain America

• Advertisement

Second episode of Wandavision feels stronger than the first, but I think the second needs the first to be “normal” so the increased tension in episode 2 works.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Second episode of Wandavision feels stronger than the first, but I think the second needs the first to be “normal” so the increased tension in episode 2 works.

It’s clearly ramping up alright and I can definitely see it taking off when we get to the reveal. I’m glad they’ve use the Disney plus medium to try something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,876 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WV is pretty unusual but think it will get better as the season progresses

Really looking forward to the Loki and WS/Falcon series

It’s clearly ramping up alright and I can definitely see it taking off when we get to the reveal. I’m glad they’ve use the Disney plus medium to try something different.

Any ideas as to who's watching/keeping tabs on Wanda's fake reality?

Really intrigued as to how it'll eventually lead in to the 2nd Doctor Strange film and beyond over the next 7 episodes.

I'd prefer it as a binge watch all in one go

Any ideas as to who's watching/keeping tabs on Wanda's fake reality?

Really intrigued as to how it'll eventually lead in to the 2nd Doctor Strange film and beyond over the next 7 episodes.
    S.W.O.R.D are watching over her. But I don’t think they’re behind it. They’re just keeping tabs. SWORD took over from SHIELD after SHIELD fell after the hydra reveal.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd prefer it as a binge watch all in one go

You genuinely might be better off, actually, cause I can see the slow build being a bt if a marmite thing.

On the other hand, you lose the ability to theorize on a weekly basis :o

Thoughts and theories:
    “The Devil is in the details”
    “That’s not the only thing he’s in!”

That feels like a massive tease for a certain Marvel character.

The fact they announced who Gabrielle is in the show when the actress was cast feels like a little bit of a misstep, so be careful of people want to avoid spoilers on who she is.

My thoughts are Wanda is stuck in some sort of prison which is manifesting itself as the TV shows, hooking in people and capturing them as the show goes on (multiple characters seem to be introduced after she finds the SWORD helicopter), but she clearly has some level of control over it.

Maybe SWORD trying to get in to save either her or the other captives.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://tvline.com/2021/01/15/young-rock-kenan-premiere-date-nbc/

New series about The Rock coming 16th Feb.
    Like its title suggests, Young Rock “focuses on different chapters of Dwayne Johnson’s life,” per the official synopsis. “From growing up in a strong and resilient family, to being surrounded by the wild characters of his professional wrestling family, to playing football at the University of Miami, the show will explore the crazy rollercoaster that has shaped Dwayne into the man he is today and the larger-than-life characters he’s met along the way.”

S.W.O.R.D are watching over her. But I don’t think they’re behind it. They’re just keeping tabs. SWORD took over from SHIELD after SHIELD fell after the hydra reveal.

It sort of makes sense, Fury's "dead" after the events of The Winter Soldier. Though we know that's not really the case as seen in Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Could Fury and Hill have set up S.W.O.R.D in secret in the years (with a little help from Stark Industries) following the SHIELD/HYDRA reveal? Hopefully that's something that'll be addressed in the Secret Invasion series on Disney+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

It sort of makes sense, Fury's "dead" after the events of The Winter Soldier. Though we know that's not really the case as seen in Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Could Fury and Hill have set up S.W.O.R.D in secret in the years (with a little help from Stark Industries) following the SHIELD/HYDRA reveal? Hopefully that's something that'll be addressed in the Secret Invasion series on Disney+

You clearly didn't stay for the after credits scene in far from home!

Advertisement