Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 year relationship - 8 month marriage ending - devastated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 joeduffy382

Thanks again to everyone who has posted.

@Greebo - I'm sorry that you had to go through this as well but it does give me some encouragement to see that you are coming out the far side on a positive note. Best of luck with your new arrival!!

A few people have commented that a lot of my identity may be wrapped up in being in a relationship. It's made me question that and while it may look like that from the outside, I am my own person.

I do, however, want to have someone to share my life with. I am very sociable and am not someone who prefers my own company. I've also spent my entire adult life having someone to confide my hopes and fears in. I'm also really, really missing the tactile side of the relationship. The touch on the back when she walks past or the hug before work in the morning, I feel like I'm a ghost sometimes.

I spent last night and this morning on my own and the silence is absolutely terrible. I'll get back into some hobbies that I have left slip but it's going to feel very artificial, like I'm just filling time for the sake of it.

Again, thanks to everyone who is offering support and advice. I am reading all of your messages and it helps to know that there are people out there who are taking the time to offer their opinion and experience.

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'll get back into some hobbies that I have left slip but it's going to feel very artificial, like I'm just filling time for the sake of it.

That's perfectly normal! It IS artifical, in a way. You are filling time just for the sake it. Your life and everything you had planned and thought might happen is now changing. So you are going to have to adapt to that. And for a while it will feel forced. But only for a while. And then after a while it will become something you're looking forward to. And it'll widen your social circle. Everything you are feeling is 100% normal. And the awkwardness and "artificial" feeling as you describe it is also 100% normal. But in time things will be less awkward and less artificial.

Trust your friends to want to be there for you. Think if it was one of your friends in similar circumstances, would you want them to deal with it on their own, or would you hope they trusted you enough to be able to confide in you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭Mackerel and Avocado Sandwich

I do, however, want to have someone to share my life with. I am very sociable and am not someone who prefers my own company.

Being sociable does not equate having a partner. If you sort yourself out, and it may take a few years, you wont care if you have a partner or not, and if you meet someone they'll be a bonus to your life. There's far more to life than relationships.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

This kind of betrayal is a bereavement of sorts and certainly can hurt as much as if not more than a bereavement loss because on top of losing the person you knew, you know that it's their choice to hurt you this way.

So you are reeling and in shock the same way someone would be if their partner dropped dead. You'll go through the motions artificially with different distractions while your emotions and feelings are pulling you in the other direction. But it gradually stops feeling false, stops feeling so raw and you look back and see how far you've come.

So do what helps - it might be distracting yourself with a hobby, or it might be about severing the legal connection between you, such as researching an annulment or obtaining a legal separation, and seeking legal advice on shared assets. Continue with counselling, talk to friends and tell them you are separating and why and let them support you.

You can't get over her if she's still there and it's not fair for her to manipulate you on that while she takes her time deciding between the two of you, or keeping you waiting in the wings until she sees whether or not this new guy is a keeper for her. Make the decision for her and call it a day for your sake, for your own mental health. Don't let her selfishly drag this out on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

ive witnessed 2 divorces recently of family members and in both cases the husband and wife both were legally allowed to reside in the family home until the divorce was finalised ,even at that it went on for another year until the agreed person bought out their exes part of the home, now obviously you will need professional advice on this. if she stays long term things will get very difficult so bear this in mind as you have been through enough ****e already , good luck with getting on with your life as things will turn around in time

• Advertisement

The job has nothing to do with anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Reading your story, I really feel for you man and can't imagine how terrible it might feel to be betrayed like this.

First things first, you need to prioritise yourself and get your house in order. Forget about dating and all that crap for a while. Just develop a sense of self - as in viewing yourself as a single entity, not like what you've described. Getting busy with hobbies or doing stuff with mates will help enormously here.

Forget about her and what she and that slimeball are up to. She'll get her rude awakening soon enough and by then you'll be long past her.

Big thing to do would be get in touch with a solicitor quick. Try to sort out what could or will happen from the divorce and how to make it as quick and easy as possible (thankfully there are no kids involved here).

Like everyone's said, the next while will be tough, but this is just a chapter in your life which will be gone soon, and like that fella above who's expecting a kid, you'll look back on this some day and be glad you found someone who actually cares about you. Give yourself time, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zeus2017

OP, many years ago I was in a quiet similar situation. My wife had an affair with our childminders 20 year old son. She made no apology for this, but rather insisted she wanted to consider her options and was not sure she wanted to be with me. We had very young children, I had just lost a parent and I was totally Devastated, just like you are now.

I couldn't eat or sleep, but had to keep up a pretence for our children. She continued to see this other man/boy and I endlessly tried to win her back.

We did stay together, but I lost most of my dignity and self respect. Even though we stayed together, any real love effectively ended. We are content Together I guess, but honestly part of me died and our relationship never recovered, so intent was I in trying to keep it together. I have never told my now adult children what happened, in retrospect I wish I had been braver and confronted rather than try to mend. I thought things would get better, they never really did.

So, in short, don't do as I did and seek to maintain that which had been broken, keep your dignity and self respect- accept that your relationship has been fatally wounded and seek to end it, painful and all as that may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

You'd be hard pressed not to have a strong degree of sympathy for your plight brother. First things first I hope you're holding up ok in general. I obviously don't know you, but you seem like a decent guy and have made big steps to keep your marriage going.

The important thing for you now is to keep your thoughts in check, and control what you can control. You can't control what your wife is doing, feeling and thinking, but you can ensure that you hold your emotions in check. Even though you've been the wronged party here, you need to make sure you maintain your cool and do the right things here.

I'd recommend speaking to legal representation, at least for advice for the moment. This potentially could be an expensive process depending on what route you take. You want to make sure you make the necessary steps that should it go to courts for potential dividing up of assets and maintenance payments that you're in the best light possible. You mention you've got mutual friends here, so that's another reason to keep your own counsel. The last thing you want is to have to deal with losing face yourself.

Try not to think too far into the future in terms of relying on your wife for being your only option. That quite honestly is not true at all. What's the best for you in this marriage? Continuing on with somebody who has lied to you numerous times, and insults your intelligence by saying she's going to spend a weekend on her own but is really off with this other lad for a few days?! Hardly sounds like a route to fulfillment, happiness and love. Would you be happy to raise children into that environment? It sounds to me like she wants you to end it, probably for her own benefit. Anyone can make a slip, but hers seem quite callous and disrespectful, to the point where it seems she doesn't really care if you know she's off with this other lad for a few days. Whatever your future is, be it in a new relationship, single, or if your marriage can somehow recover, the important thing is to know that you need to check in with yourself and show yourself some respect and value. Your worth more than being somebody can decide to go back to, you need to be somebody's active choice or you need to ensure yourself that it's either that your other half respects you or you yourself are out. If you don't respect yourself then your wife, girlfriend or potential dates won't either.

Her job is of little relevance here, outside of the fact that it's where this other guy works too. I mean as much as she's not coming off well here, she does have a career and profession to think of. Even if she moves jobs it doesn't prevent her from doing the same thing with another colleague in the new place, nor does it stop her from continuing this existing relationship. Asking her to leave is just asking for resentment from her, and shows her that you don't trust her (and rightfully so that you don't!!). It also would make you seem controlling, and you really don't want that against you.

None of us know yourself and your wife so judgments are therefore difficult. For example, we don't know if there was a brewing connection between her and this colleague. They could be madly in love for all we know (as hard as that may be to hear). She could be in crisis and self-destruction mode, resisting the process of her life settling down, keeping the party going that bit longer. She might just have this itch that needs scratching in a physical sense from this chap, something which would settle down when she starts having to go grocery shopping with him and deal with the more mundane aspects of life, rather than the fun, taboo weekends away ****. He could be a toyboy figure for all we know. It sounds like this has been the only serious relationship that both of you have had, and have been with each other since you were very young. That's not a minor detail.

There seems to be some degree of manipulation going on here, keeping you sweet enough to a remain civil. I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like she is the more dominant one in this relationship, but you need to know (and she perhaps needs to know too) that you are the master of your own future, and you know where you're headed. When you're trying to hold on to her it makes you seem like she's on a pedestal, she can make any decision she wants, be it a) stay with safe, dependable you, who cares deeply for her and will take her back at ease or b) keep going with this other lad and potentially carry on indefinitely. When she realises you are potentially taking the safety net away (by subtly suggesting she is not your only hope) she might have a sudden change of heart and be faced with the stark reality of what she's losing. She might of course decide that this other lad is her man, either way you need to know.

This is going to be a **** time for you in the short term. You're left with the reality of coming home to a wife you can't really trust, but in the knowledge that you won't physically be alone, or the alternative that you suddenly lose this person with whom you've developed such a wealth of memories with already and were all set for a long future with, and are left alone. Neither are great, there's no getting away from that. Having said that, some of the loneliest times in my life have been in periods when I've been in relationships or groups of people. You need to take it in short term chunks though, but to back yourself that your future is potentially great, and you'd be willing to contribute towards the happiness of somebody else's future, somebody who loves you back in return.

Godspeed my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

As a vehicle of mutual respect your relationship is dead. In fact given her lack of contrition I'd be suspicious this gentleman caller isn't the first one.

Be grateful this happened before you had any kids. You dodged a huge bullet.

You're still young.
    You're far from damaged goods.
    Men do their best pulling in their 30s.

Seek legal advice. Make a plan for what to do with the house. Harden yourself against the inevitable insincere attempt at reconciliation that will ensue once she realises how badly she's F-ed up. Remember that having children with an adulterer will be a disaster and entirely unfair on the children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I've been there OP and it's heartbreaking,4 years down the line and I'm still far from over it.You've been given excellent advice in the above posts....my two regrets are that I didn't tell friends and family immediately when it happened and that I didn't see a solicitor sooner.

Don't try to discuss the reasons behind it with her,you'll get a different answer every day and she'll probably try a twist it around to being your fault somehow and wreck your head even more.Don't fall for the attempts to reconcile as you can never go back to the relationship that you had and you can't be sure that she's being genuine or stringing you along.
    Also tell your friends/family as you need support to get through this.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Thanks again to everyone who has posted.

@Greebo - I'm sorry that you had to go through this as well but it does give me some encouragement to see that you are coming out the far side on a positive note. Best of luck with your new arrival!!

A few people have commented that a lot of my identity may be wrapped up in being in a relationship. It's made me question that and while it may look like that from the outside, I am my own person.

I do, however, want to have someone to share my life with. I am very sociable and am not someone who prefers my own company. I've also spent my entire adult life having someone to confide my hopes and fears in. I'm also really, really missing the tactile side of the relationship. The touch on the back when she walks past or the hug before work in the morning, I feel like I'm a ghost sometimes.

I spent last night and this morning on my own and the silence is absolutely terrible. I'll get back into some hobbies that I have left slip but it's going to feel very artificial, like I'm just filling time for the sake of it.

Again, thanks to everyone who is offering support and advice. I am reading all of your messages and it helps to know that there are people out there who are taking the time to offer their opinion and experience.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

She was fine and has said that she genuinely wanted to go through with the wedding and be with me at the time. This all started after the wedding, literally 3 weeks after the honeymoon was over. This has been the biggest shock for me because of the timing. I've gone from the highest point of my life to the lowest in a matter of weeks.

I found out because she didn't come home until silly o'clock after a work night out. I did some digging the next day in her emails as I knew something felt off. I felt so bad at the time for checking up on her.

Hmmm - The bolded part stood out to me. I'm sorry, but I don't think this started so suddenly after the wedding. It had been brewing a long time before that. The timing is crap, but this was not sudden. Neither would I be surprised if this was the first time your wife has played away. It would just be the first time she's been busted.

The other thing in your post, was the fact she wanted to go through with the wedding. Had there been problems before that?

I just want you to think about the advice we have tried to give you here and look after YOU now, OP. Take care and keep your head up!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

4Ad wrote: »
    PM sent.

Mod:

PM's to users of PI is strictly forbidden - for your safety and theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

he cant just kick her out of the house , she has rights too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hmmm - The bolded part stood out to me. I'm sorry, but I don't think this started so suddenly after the wedding. It had been brewing a long time before that. The timing is crap, but this was not sudden. Neither would I be surprised if this was the first time your wife has played away. It would just be the first time she's been busted.

The other thing in your post, was the fact she wanted to go through with the wedding. Had there been problems before that?

I just want you to think about the advice we have tried to give you here and look after YOU now, OP. Take care and keep your head up!

That struck me too. While it's a generalisation, three weeks after the honeymoon is very soon, I'd imagine you would be still on a bit of a wedding/honeymoon buzz at that point and the whole husband and wife thing is a novelty, even if you have been together for that long. I can't imagine why someone would come back off their honeymoon if they were that happy and start cheating on their new husband.

I would wonder OP, if you have been given the full facts, or just what she thinks she has to tell you to get you off her back. You have my fullest sympathy, but you need to get rid of her and start getting your life on a new track. She's just playing you at the moment and deciding what her options are. She is the one who has cheated, she doesn't get to choose whether she gets to be with you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

I can't see it lasting, not that it matters to you OP. He'll soon realise that it probably isn't the best long term relationship strategy to stay with a woman who cheated on her husband.

Absolutely. Boyfriend needs to realise if she did FOR him, she'll do it TO him. TBH - He'll probably do a runner when he realises the wife will be HIS bag! The thrill of the chase and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

She also says that unless she knows 100% that we can be fixed that she won't even try.

What does this even mean? Nothing in life is 100%. If we all took this attitude, nothing would get done. The world would stop spinning. This is a total copout on her part and completely summarises her attitude towards you and towards your marriage.

She's behaving like a petulant child tbh. Stopping the counselling because someone was calling her on her actions. Fecking off to get "space" i.e LAID with her fella when she should've been nursing your marriage back to good health if she gave half a crap about you.

OP, you sound like a wonderful, loyal, caring man and a total catch, this woman does not deserve you. I know in your mind she's this fantastic person that is having some sort of personal crisis, but it's glaringly obvious to most of us here that this has been bubbling below the surface for long before three weeks after your honeymoon and has probably been going on for much longer than you'll ever know. If she can do this in the early honeymoon period of your marriage, to the person she stood across from on an alter and promised the world to a few weeks previous, and won't even take some very basic steps to salvage your relationship - how is this a woman worth committing your life to?

Actions speak louder than words, and this woman's actions are deplorable and most decent people with integrity wouldn't be capable of them. She doesn't love you and she doesn't care about you and being anywhere near her is going to be toxic for you from now on.

I know you're scared of being alone and I understand how powerful that is. You've not known it for most of your adult life. The thing is, you'll be more alone emotionally and more lonely than you can possibly imagine if you stay with your "wife."

Being on your own post-break up takes some adjusting. It will leave you with many difficult moments, seeing that empty side of the bed, not having that hand to hold, the shoulder to cry on, someone to share your day with, the life you had planned snatched from under your feet. It's hard, very hard, initially.

But time is an incredible thing OP. Life moves on and you learn to move with it. I'm now about a year post-breakup out of a long-term relationship which absolutely gutted me to my core. I had darker days than I could ever have imagined I'd have. But I smile and laugh all the time now. I noticed recently that the thought of him no longer brings unexpected tears, I smile at sad songs because I fully understand the sentiment now, but get that that's just life too. Heartbreak is something most of us go through.

I love flirting and I love male attention now, dating, meeting new people and not knowing where things will go. I'd like to meet someone again, but the panic of being on my own doesn't exist anymore because jesus was I alone in those last few months of our relationship. The waste and pain of being with the wrong person is not something i'd ever put myself through again.

You have your whole life ahead of you OP, and this is going to be life-changing in the best possible way for you in the long run. "This too shall pass" x

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The relationship and marriage is dead and she's not interested in fixing it.

1. Get a solicitor and commence divorce proceedings. If you have proof of her infidelity start gathering it.

2. Stay in the house and insist on her leaving. Perhaps suggest she stay with her new fella from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Hi OP I'd just like to say that I really feel for you, the position you're in. Like previous posters have said, you need to focus on you. By the sounds of it, she's gone. If she did do an about face and dump the boyfriend, would you really want her back? Could you ever trust her again?

Live your life. Get her to leave the house and sort out the legalities. That'll take time and money, but it will ultimately sort itself out. At the end of the day, you have to put you first.

She sank the ship, not you. So hold your head high and live.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Appledreams15

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have been seeing a counselor and he has been brilliant at helping me confront the facts. I've left the sessions a few times knowing exactly what I need to do. But then I see her or drive past something that reminds me of her or think about how much we have left to do in the world and I lose my nerve to end it.

I've spent all of my 20's with her and can only see myself as very damaged goods if I'm on my own going forward. Which leads me to the conclusion that I'll spend the rest of my life on my own. All of this plays out in my head and suddenly the limbo that I'm in right now doesn't seem as bad because at least I have company. I know that sounds completely off the wall.

Who knows what's coming?

sozbox wrote: »
    This thread breaks my heart. The correct move is to throw her out of the house and break off all contact with her while you work on building some self respect.

You have so much of your identity and ego invested into her and your relationship that it's categorically unhealthy. You should have only one concern right now..YOU.

Taking her back after this will only show her that her cheating has absolutely no consequences and it will continue. You have an opportunity now for a better future, please take it.

You will get over this, you will meet other women, you will be happy again.

Thanks. I know that is the correct move but I feel like I'll be left with nothing in my life. I have my own personality and was happy to spend time apart previously, comfortable in the knowledge that the foundations of my life were intact and I had someone who cared for me.

I have plenty of friends but they're friends and have their own relationships and marriages. We've gone past the big night out on the tear phase of our lives. It's been about weddings, barbecues, weekends away with other couples and planning getaways for ourselves.

I don't even want to think about replacing that with swiping right and trying to prove myself to someone new.

Also with this, I hope I can help!
    Ireland is very structured and limited in what you should do.

I too found entering my 30s in Ireland, that married couples start to drift off, and there is no real scope to make new friends or new experiences. (People tend to stick to their lifelong friends) leaving people feeling very lonely in their 30s (especially single people).

But Ireland is not the only country!

I am currently travelling around Europe, working remotely, and I am having the time of my life!

I am early 30s, 30s is seen as quite old in Ireland, and that you should be doing this, and you should have this achieved and that done.

30's is seen as young in other countries. I am actually much happier out of Ireland, I am having so much more fun, away from societal standards.

Just so you know that there are options and so many different life choices for you in your 30s.

It just shows you can never really know anyone and marriage and bloody weddings mean nothing. By the sounds of things you’re still quite young, so you’re certainly not damaged good (lol), and trust me as soon as you ditch this grade A c**t of a woman, which she most certainly is, you can have the time of your life in your 30s. There’s nothing left to salvage here, it’s over. She’ll probably have a change of heart here and there if things don’t turn out to be so great with this new Romeo but you just need to cut her out of your life ASAP.

As for the guy she’s sleeping with, there’s no point blaming him for anything really, he’s not the one who just got married 2 weeks ago and who knows what she’s been telling him. I remember a girl I knew was engaged and spent a night telling me how miserable she was and that she didn’t like her fiancé and didn’t want to go through with the marriage and after a few drinks she launched herself at me and we ended up sleeping with each other. Never saw her again but in time pictures of weddings and babies started appearing on Facebook, lol. I don’t think I did anything wrong there.

That is really weird that you think she is a c#nt, and yet you had sex with an engaged woman.

When it was good for you it was okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

What an awful situation! Don't let her worm her way back into your life, she will see that she has completed f-ed up and will more than likely try!
    Are ye staying in separate rooms in the house? I know you must be feeling really lonely but it will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi OP- just wanted to let you know that although I'm sure this is a very dark time for you, there is light at the end of the tunnel. As per a couple of other posters, I went through something similar (10 years together, 1.5 years married). The difference for me was when I discovered her infidelity I immediately knew it was irretrievably over. It was the lying & subterfuge more than anything else that was the deal breaker, I could never trust her again.

On a practical point- If you moving out or her moving out is difficult then you could always do what we did. We had bought a flat, which we put on the market ASAP, but in the meantime I could not face being in the same place as her for any period of time. So we actually put together a calendar rota as to who had the flat for the week/weekend (50/50 split). I spent half my time staying with friends & family & half the time back in the flat. I know this might not be for everybody, but it worked well for me- I was able to get some great support & perspective from all of my friends & family.

Anyhow- I'm waaaaay out the other side now. I had a great time rediscovering myself & realising I wasn't defined by that relationship. I'm now remarried 10 years to a wonderful woman & have 3 beautiful kids. I can now honestly say that discovering my 1st wife's cheating & splitting-up was the best thing to ever happen to me! It certainly didn't feel like it at the time & I had some very dark moments. But if you truly believe in yourself- you will come out of this a stronger & better person. Each day it will get a little easier, honestly. Keep your head-up OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 joeduffy382

Thanks again to everyone who has been replying. Your advice and support really does mean a lot to me. To anyone else who has been through this and responded, I hope you are all doing well.

I've brought a trusted friend and my parents into this and the hardest part about it was convincing them that I wasn't imagining things, they simply couldn't believe that my wife would be capable of this. Their support has been amazing and it's great to be able to talk with them.

Even with those conversations, I still feel absolutely alone. A lot of my social calendar for the coming year was based around meeting up with other couples, going to weddings and I'm really, really cut up that I may potentially lose those friends. I'm also upset at the idea of this guy replacing me in the group. I know it's silly but I feel like that's what is going to happen and it's horrible to think about being left out in the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm glad to see you've talked to some people in real life. That's a good start and hopefully they'll be of great to help to you.

In terms of your social calendar, don't back out of things just because you're not in a couple any more. You can still go to these weddings and still meet with your friends as a single man. While there is a possibility you'll lose some of your mutual friends, you're not going to lose them all. It's important that you make the effort to stay in touch with them. Let the issue of who sides with your wife and her new man look after itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Agreed with the above. If these are good friends, they're not going to just throw you out of the group and embrace this new guy like it's no big deal. Especially when they hear about what actually transpired between your wife and him, which they inevitably will.

It's going to be tough and no doubt your social calendar will look a little different, but by no means should you be pulling out of plans with your friends as a result of what is entirely your wife's fault. Let her pull out, let her lose out.

Even with those conversations, I still feel absolutely alone. A lot of my social calendar for the coming year was based around meeting up with other couples, going to weddings and I'm really, really cut up that I may potentially lose those friends. I'm also upset at the idea of this guy replacing me in the group. I know it's silly but I feel like that's what is going to happen and it's horrible to think about being left out in the cold.

You're still really young. You have your best years ahead of you. I'm 37 now and I've had a few relationships but I'm really glad I'm not with any of those people any more, even though I would have been upset in the past about breaking up. The fact you're worried about missing out on weddings and doing stuff with other couples actually makes me laugh, being single means you avoid a lot of that stuff thank God!
    I've made some great friends in my 30s, and life has never been better. If you can get all this behind you the world is your oyster. I have no doubt you'll look back at this one day and you'll be glad it happened. Just work on going your separate ways for now and minimising contact.

• Advertisement

That is really weird that you think she is a c#nt, and yet you had sex with an engaged woman.

When it was good for you it was okay?

When someone's telling you their relationship is doomed and makes a pass at you I think any wrong doing lies with the person in a relationship. My point was the OP's wife could have been telling the dude anything, like that she was done with OP and going to leave him etc. So there's no point blaming him for anything!

Advertisement