Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

not-listening-otter-meme.jpg

Rush is, and always will be, the best. Fact :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

neasyerac wrote: »
    Whats your Psn and I'll add you?

Had a few games there with Sean tonight playing Conquest and it was good craic. We actually won the majority of our games for a change from recently. :pac:
    Will be back online hopefully tomorrow night so might see some more of ye on then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I finally unlocked the mother fúckin phantom bow.. To me, whether the bow itself is that good or not is irrelevant. As a relative noob I tended to play the same way the whole time which did kinda get boring but I figured playing it safe was better than going into a jet and getting shot out of the sky 30 seconds later. Same with tanks, I was more often than not on the losing side of a 1 on 1 tank battle.

But the reward requirements needed to get the bow has made me a much better/versatile player. If I was losing interest in the game it has certainly been rekindled.. Onwards and upwards from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

GerB40 wrote: »
    I finally unlocked the mother fúckin phantom bow.. To me, whether the bow itself is that good or not is irrelevant. As a relative noob I tended to play the same way the whole time which did kinda get boring but I figured playing it safe was better than going into a jet and getting shot out of the sky 30 seconds later. Same with tanks, I was more often than not on the losing side of a 1 on 1 tank battle.

But the reward requirements needed to get the bow has made me a much better/versatile player. If I was losing interest in the game it has certainly been rekindled.. Onwards and upwards from here.

Congrats Gerry. Nice to see you didn't get your hopes up for the Phantom Bow. Fùck me I was devastated :D I'm intent on getting the Mastery Tag though.....only 190 more kills to go....ha

The importance of vehicles really is what sets Battlefield apart from the 'competition'. I love vehicle combat, even if I'm not great at it. I've made a big effort of forcing myself to use them all in BF4 to the point where I'd be fairly comfortable in any vehicle at this stage. Not necessarily good, but not a burden either. Biggest proof of this is in the jets; in nearly 620 hours of BF3 I racked up a grand total of 2 Attack Jet kills compared to over 50 this time round, 260 jet kills total. Nothing impressive but it's a personal victory of sorts. Still can't dog fight to save my life but I'm not as easy a target. I just figure that if there's a tank/LAV/chopper etc sitting in your spawn, the only one that actually benefits is the enemy.

I'm gonna spend the foreseeable future trying to improve my effectiveness in tanks though. A few of us were on last night and on Golmud Railway we came up against a clan whose Tanks were running in tantum with dedicated Anti-Armour loadouts. They were rarely more than 50m apart at any point and just let their infantry deal with any ground threats. As is usual of late, if our squad wasn't doing something, nobody was. We held off their armour and infantry at B for a good 10 minutes.....while the rest of our team proceeded to lose the flags we earned up to that point. It was ridiculous and properly disheartening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Bf4 later anyone?

Hope to be on later, had to work late last night so I'm crossing my fingers I get off early enough today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Who doesn't like a massive wall of text.
    Since we have some new people which may want to take part.
    We do Weekly-ish challenges. We've been taking a break for the last few weeks.
    We set a kit for each player (in this case it's open so anyone can take part)
    You can be as mean as you like but be mindful it's just as easy for someone to challenge you back.
    You'll never be forced to compete in a challenge but to date no-one has actually full-on rejected to take part.
    To take part "Thank" this comment and I'll add you to a table which will track the process.
    You are allowed to complete a single Tier but you cannot do Tier 1 by itself - Tier 2 and 3 must be completed first.

In order for me to access your stats you may need to set you stats to public or add me via BattleLog (You can find me in the Platoon Roster )
    Once we are within the time limit I will post the stats and then your job will be to get achieve the results.

Open Challenge - We will Kill again
    Tier 3:
    Kit: Recon
    Primary Weapon: M39 DMR
    Attachments: Any sight
    Laser Sight (Green/Red)
    Heavy barrel
    Any Grip
    Secondary Weapon: .44 Magnum
    Attachments:Iron sights
    Compensator
    No accessories
    Grenade: M67 Frag
    Gadgets: MAV - T-UGS
    Objective: 5 Spotting Ribbons (4 Spot bonuses for Each ribbon || 20 Kill Assists)

Tier 2:
    Vehicles
    Objective:3 Main Battle Tank ribbons (15 Kills)
    You've had plenty of time to brush up your skills.

Tier 1:
    Top Tier challenge.
    Receive a final accuracy of 25%+ using the above kit of the M39 and .44 with at least 5 Kills
    Recommend you play two different games as it may take a while to complete the 20 Kill Assists
    Battle Reports are a necessity for this challenge

Time Limit: Friday at 18:00 (23rd) - Friday at 18:00 (30th)
    1 Week
    Any progress made before/after this time will NOT count.

In the event you only want to completed one Tier you can choose the one you wish to do, although you can't choose Tier 1 as a standalone challenge.

If you have any questions - Feel free to ask.

XtraFalcon wrote: »

This lady apparently...
    UL8AnM2.jpg?1

I'm up for the challenge alright, fùckin hate the M39 though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

1zf562p.jpg

Just to confirm.....MAV & T-UGS?

• Advertisement

Just to confirm.....MAV & T-UGS?

Yes - Mav for air and T-UGS for auto-ground units

Yes - Mav for air and T-UGS for auto-ground units

Oh you're just a meanie, what type of Recon doesn't bring either C4 or a beacon?? This is gonna be sooo much fun :pac:

Oh you're just a meanie, what type of Recon doesn't bring either C4 or a beacon?? This is gonna be sooo much fun :pac:

I realised while writing it out yesterday that I always gave a bit of freedom with the gadgets so this is to completely lock someone into the kit.

I realised while writing it out yesterday that I always gave a bit of freedom with the gadgets so this is to completely lock someone into the kit.

Oh well danke schön mein Führer.

Freedom is overrated anyway and the less David Hasslehoff has to sing about, the better.

Oh well danke schön mein Führer.

Freedom is overrated anyway and the less David Hasslehoff has to sing about, the better.

Challenge now active

Name|Spot Current|Spot Target| Tank Current|Tank target|Accuracy
    XtraFalcon|178|183|57|60|
    paul_booth_fan|1,331|1,336|209|212|
    keithc83|238|243|2|5|
    thurlesdrunk|334|339|28|31|
    CobraEire73|12|17|48|51|
    Okram_13|62|67|5|8|

Best of luck.

Challenge now active

XtraFalcon|178|183|57|60|
    paul_booth_fan|1,331|1,336|209|212|
    keithc83|238|243|2|5|
    thurlesdrunk|334|339|28|31|
    CobraEire73|12|17|48|51|

Just a little heads up lads, the spot button is R1 :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

[Wall of text]

Wouldn't mind trying this (well someone has to come last) but don't think I've got that tier weapon unlocked. Almost never play as recon.

Wouldn't mind trying this (well someone has to come last) but don't think I've got that tier weapon unlocked. Almost never play as recon.

You can do Tier 2 then you'll have a week to unlock it - I'll note your Tank Ribbons and add you to the board when I get. home. Also DMRs are for all classes not just Recon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

lol @ alans 12 spots, noob get it done!

cy4Dx9E.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

SharpCoder wrote: »
    lol @ alans 12 spots, noob get it done!

cy4Dx9E.gif

dont see you with any ya bum:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Anyone fancy a few games this evening? psn - Rojoscott

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a few games this evening? psn - Rojoscott

Yeah I'm just after hoping on now

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

cobraeire wrote: »
    dont see you with any ya bum:D

obviously im not listed yah dope lol...this is you on the battlefield..

ZxZw2l9.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Was going to join ye last night lads but got banned from the server... dont even know why as I wasn't playing well, must have been because I killed a few guys in the attack boat. Ah well...

Since i've got the powerline cable up and running Ive lost a little interest so need some BF rejuvenation. Rush has been fun of late but id really like if the maps were mixed up, especially tired of vanilla maps and that is one of the reasons why I sometimes dont join IRL as most games are on those maps it seems

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    Was going to join ye last night lads but got banned from the server... dont even know why as I wasn't playing well, must have been because I killed a few guys in the attack boat. Ah well...

Since i've got the powerline cable up and running Ive lost a little interest so need some BF rejuvenation. Rush has been fun of late but id really like if the maps were mixed up, especially tired of vanilla maps and that is one of the reasons why I sometimes dont join IRL as most games are on those maps it seems

Apparently that server last night had a rule that Recons could only use bolt actions. Did you happen to use your DMR loadout? Bit of a joke that you got no warning at all though.

I'd love to find another server that ran different maps from all the DLCs. Only ever came across 1 and it shut down within 3 days of me finding it :pac: Very few server owners will run 'Ranked' servers for fear of never being able to fill them. I often search specifically for Ranked servers in the hope of finding another good map rotation

Apparently that server last night had a rule that Recons could only use bolt actions. Did you happen to use your DMR loadout? Bit of a joke that you got no warning at all though.

Remember something strange happened to us in the tank as well? I know i got a connection error when i went back to the main menu but it seemed very suspicious as you were kicking ass in the tank!

I put some clips together earlier, from today and also last night. Nothing special but there are a few "fortunate" moments in there. And the last kill was an ode to you guys here. I can definitely see where I am improving in-game, still a lot for me to improve on but that's why i still enjoy playing this frustrating game! :pac:
    Might see some of ye on in a little bit as well!

keithc83 wrote: »
    Remember something strange happened to us in the tank as well? I know i got a connection error when i went back to the main menu but it seemed very suspicious as you were kicking ass in the tank!

I'd forgot that was the same server we got kicked on Keith. The fact only KOB got banned means I'd like to think it was pure coincidence, but it does seems odd that the 3 of us with IRL tags got kicked within a few minutes of each other

That was a damn nice sniper shot :D I loved the guy obliviously repairing on the side :pac:

That was a damn nice sniper shot :D I loved the guy obliviously repairing on the side :pac:

Cheers man! :D
    Still no where near as nice as your sniper shot but it was decent. Tried to lead the shot a bit and it worked. Once i had recovered from the "did i just hit the pilot?!" moment I noticed the guy repairing...he had absolutely no idea!! :pac: haha

• Advertisement

Half-Way point update.

XtraFalcon|189|Reached|60|Reached|54%
    paul_booth_fan|1,353|Reached|214|Reached|35%
    keithc83|252|Reached|3|5|Locked
    thurlesdrunk|352|Reached|29|31|Locked
    CobraEire73|12|17|48|51|Locked
    Okram_13|70|Reached|5|8|Locked

Accuracy Battle Reports:
    XtraFalcon
    paul_booth_fan

Special Ops challenge details will be posted tomorrow and will go live on Friday when this challenge ends.

Half-Way point update.

What a glorious weapon that M39 is........
    Special Ops challenge details will be posted tomorrow and will go live on Friday when this challenge ends.

Hmm, I'm intrigued by this. Since very few Spec Op teams run with shìt weaponry, without being overly optimistic, I don't think this'll be a troll loadout. I was playing a few rounds last night and swapped to the Recon class, forgetting you assigned me the damn MAV & T-UGS.

I only figured out last night that I could trim video clips before using Share Factory :pac: Finally able to put several clips from several rounds together. Captured a few moments last night so hopefully I'll upload a video tomorrow........have to respond to Keiths RPG and sniper shot afterall :D

Hmm, I'm intrigued by this. Since very few Spec Op teams run with shìt weaponry, without being overly optimistic

Well that all depends on your definition of "Special".

Well that all depends on your definition of "Special".

Yeah I found a picture of some....special......forces alright. Not gonna attach my name to it in a public forum though :D

Yeah I found a picture of some....special......forces alright. Not gonna attach my name to it in a public forum though :D

Well even to avoid the most obvious one being the US special forces, to put your mind at ease.

1.Kommando Spezialkräfte
    2.Bolivian Special Forces
    3.Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale
    NQ0RH1F.pngrFJtqQF.jpgCldXop1.png

NQ0RH1F.pngrFJtqQF.jpgCldXop1.png

Puts nothing at ease, those special forces rule out almost no weapon in the game. I'm gonna remain hopeful though, in Falcon we believe.

Puts nothing at ease, those special forces rule out almost no weapon in the game. I'm gonna remain hopeful though, in Falcon we believe.

Most of the weapons are fine - It's not the weapons which are the issue - It's the high count that comes with them.

Big enough selection of weapons.

You can trust me - I'm a whale biologist.
    giphy.gif

You can trust me - I'm a whale biologist.

Pffft, blow it out your hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 IRISHACEKAVO

[CeltS] PS4 Platoon
    Battlelog platoon [CELT] CELTS COMMUNITY PSN
    New to PSN feel free to drop bye and may be sing up and leave an Interdiction in the Console part..thank's

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

[CeltS] PS4 Platoon
    New to PSN feel free to drop bye and may be sing up..thank's
    Battlelog platoon [CELT] CELTS COMMUNITY PSN
    celtsclan.co.uk

What song do you want me to sing mate?not great @ it,but darren has the voice of angels bless him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Been playing bf4 on PC to break in a new keyboard I got. Pack of aimbot cheating hacking ballrags. why they even bother playing I don't know!

cobraeire wrote: »
    darren has the voice of angels bless him :)

Was once called the Rick Astley of my generation..........

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Been playing bf4 on PC to break in a new keyboard I got. Pack of aimbot cheating hacking ballrags. why they even bother playing I don't know!

Really seems to be an issue on PC

Little video with some highlights from the last few days.:D

The first 2 show why I love the Scar-H, even in fairly close quarters. Drops them very fast and I know for a fact I couldn't have done the second clip with the AEK for instance.
    The 3 on Guilin Peaks aren't anything special, I just seemed to hit every transport chopper that flew past me that round....and everyone likes a good bow kill.
    The 3 on Kerelia I really like. The jet was easy but I thought it was hilarious at the time, no idea what he was trying to do :pac:
    2 snipes to round it all off and I'll admit it now, the last shot was completely unexpected. You can tell by the fact I just stood there like a sap afterwards.

Little video with some highlights from the last few days.:D

The first 2 show why I love the Scar-H, even in fairly close quarters. Drops them very fast and I know for a fact I couldn't have done the second clip with the AEK for instance.
    The 3 on Guilin Peaks aren't anything special, I just seemed to hit every transport chopper that flew past me that round....and everyone likes a good bow kill.
    The 3 on Kerelia I really like. The jet was easy but I thought it was hilarious at the time, no idea what he was trying to do :pac:
    2 snipes to round it all off and I'll admit it now, the last shot was completely unexpected. You can tell by the fact I just stood there like a sap afterwards.

Some really nice kills there Darren, getting those headshots/kills with the bow has to make you feel Rambo-esque! :pac:
    That last sniper shot was something else! At that distance and with him moving as well! Great shot!

Some really nice kills there Darren, getting those headshots/kills with the bow has to make you feel Rambo-esque! :pac:
    That last sniper shot was something else! At that distance and with him moving as well! Great shot!

Thanks Keith.
    I went on a bow spree that night actually, was enjoying it again(just bring a good pistol cos you'll need it).
    That last shot was an absolute fluke to be honest. I knew what I wanted to happen alright, didn't think I'd hit him though. Plan was to try get him to stop and take cover and then kill him, oh well :D

I am actually enjoying using the Unica at the moment, good all rounder for me so once (will be some time yet i think!) I unlock the bow I think i'll have that as my needed backup! haha

Its nice when those shots come off, especially when you are not expecting them to. I got one of my very first "lucky" long sniper shots on Rogue Transmission. As usual the enemy sniper were perched above D flag with a beacon. I was trying to keep him occupied and spotted so others closer could get him. Got a headshot second time of asking. Definitely is a bonus having to do less work than you are planning to do! :pac:

I am actually enjoying using the Unica at the moment, good all rounder for me so once (will be some time yet i think!) I unlock the bow I think i'll have that as my needed backup! haha

I hadn't actually used the Deagle in ages. I just run it cos it works with the Phantom. Gotta close the distance to be somewhat reliable with the bow so the sheer damage of the Deagle is handy. More rounds and a quicker reload than the 44.Magnum as well.
    Found that the CZ-75 is a very good balance between damage and spamfire etc.

Open Challenge - Special Ops - CHALLENGE DELAYED
    This challenge has multiple weapons which can be used across all classes - The attachments will not change for weapons of the same class unless specified
    Tier 3:
    Kit: Assault
    Primary Weapon: FAMAS or AUG A3
    Attachments: Any sight greater than 3.4 (M145, PRISMA, PK-A, ACOG, JGM-4, PSO-1
    Tact light or Flash Light
    Flash Hider OR Muzzle brake
    Any Grip

Kit: Support
    Primary Weapon: PKP Pecheneg or G36C
    Attachments: Any sight
    Laser Sight (Green/Red/Tri-Beam)
    Flash Hider OR Muzzle brake
    Stubby Grip or Folding Grip

Kit: Engineer
    Primary Weapon: MP7 (China Rising Expansion needed) or M4
    Attachments: Any RDS (Reflex, Coyote, Kobra) (
    Laser Sight (Green/Red/Tri-Beam)
    Suppressor (Normal, L S06, PBS-4, R2)
    Angled Grip or Vertical Grip

Kit: Recon
    Primary Weapon: M98B or SKS
    Sniper Attachments: Hunter 20x
    Flash Hider
    Straight Pull
    DMR Attachments: Iron sights
    Laser sight (Green/Red/Tri-Beam)
    Any grip

Secondary Weapon Choice 1: G18
    Attachments:RDS or Ghost Ring
    Suppressor
    Laser Sight (Green/Red)

Secondary Weapon Choice 2: Compact 45
    Attachments: RDS or Ghost Ring
    Compensator
    Laser Sight (Green/Red]

Grenade: M18 Smoke or Flashbang
    Gadgets: Any (All Kits)
    Objective: Based on the current Kill count - Receive 200 kills with a weapon from each Kit - Assault, Support, Engineer, Recon (Excluding Sidearms) - Pick a SINGLE weapon from each kit let me know and it will be tracked.

Tier 2:
    Vehicles
    Objective:25 Main Battle Tank Kills and 15 Watercraft kills

Tier 1:
    Top Tier challenge.
    Get 200 Kills with the other 4 Primary Weapons
    When you have Tier 3 and 2 Completed then I will start Tracking for Tier 1 so you cannot work on both Tier 3 and 1 at the same time. All Kills accumulated by these weapons before Tier 1 is unlocked will not count.

Time Limit: Friday at 18:00 (30th) - Monday at 00:01 (8th)
    1 Week + 2 Days
    Any progress made before/after this time will NOT count.

All Laser Sights/ Flash/Tact Lights Can be turned off - You just need to have the device on your weapon

• Advertisement

I'll have to skip this challenge unfortunately. Not a chance I'd get enough free time to go for the 1600 kills needed in total.

Advertisement