Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahv Lahn: we can’t get de virus as we’re an island Editio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I spotted de posters in Dubalin last week and commented on dat here so to speak.

Two friends o mine on FB. One a big CH fan since her London days in the 80s.

"Are you going to the Christy Hennessy tribute show?

I am in me hole. I never paid 45e to see the real Christy. I'm certainly not going to pay it to see a fake ."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was a dire show - first girl on was funny tho

Get something to me look sexy. So I got drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Im going into liveline iriate caller mode now: i visited my mother in hospital on Saturday and took clothes home from her to wash. Shes been in hospital since November and we've been washing her clothes at home and taking them back into her.

Why the feck does the hospital not have a laundry?

Well, there used to be a handy low-cost laundry that the hospital could send all their blankets too but the closed down for some reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Are you going to the Christy Hennessy tribute show?"

If you sing his songs and tell his story that is a tribute. If you start taking the p1ss out of his effeminate voice, then it is a parody.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Unbelievable hypocrisy from RTE. Giving out about Chinese school kids being teased last week over having the Coronavirus, and now today they give us Ching Chong Chinaman from the Curry City in Crumlin.

RTE great bunch of lads

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    That was a dire show - first girl on was funny tho

Get something to me look sexy. So I got drunk

Have you a temperature, by any chance? I'd self isolate if I were you. :D:D:D
    If you sing his songs and tell his story that is a tribute. If you start taking the p1ss out of his effeminate voice, then it is a parody.

Yes. I loved 'Messenger Boy' and 'Don't Forget your "Shovvel" ' by Christy Moore before I ever heard CH himself doing those songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Have you a temperature, by any chance? I'd self isolate if I were you. :D:D:D.

If Coronavirus breaks the country we may be listening to repeats of liveline, I'll leave you with that thought, stuff of nightmares

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

fritzelly wrote: »
    If Coronavirus breaks the country we may be listening to repeats of liveline, I'll leave you with that thought, stuff of nightmares

Nah, it’ll be the Corrs cd again.

I just listened back to the show where he called the hotel.

Talk about an ad for reasons NOT to invest in Ireland. From the nonsense, hysteria, and gross exaggeration spouted by the host and the Irish abroad to the comparative calmness and perspective of our European colleagues so to speak, it realy did not make us look good and dat. Mr. Duffy's contriubution could best be describer as "uninformed and irresponsible" , so to speak. I'd be pretty confident the Irish in that hotel are complaining about the lack of Barry's tea and Denny sausages so to speak.

Some unique pronuncatins as well - of course, of course:
    Rolf as Ralph
    Francoise (female) as Francois (male) - you'd think with all the time he spends at Chateaux Gateaux Duffy in Bergerac he'd know the difference so to speak?
    Countless variations of Tenerife and Adeje to name but a few so to speak.

It is such a sh*t show when you step back and really analyse it.

I think it was the combination of FunnyFryday yesterday and reaching for a can of antiperspurant this morning that made me think of this "joke" so to speak:

Wat is Mr. Duffy's favourite antiperspirant?

0097418.jpg?sw=545&sh=545&sm=fit

Cat, it's ok, I'll card myself after that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

LOL. RTE are playing back the "Joe Robbie Joe Robbie Joe Robbie" part in the new ad for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

His mic of choice...

259cadafdfbc1f1025c5632fa99d6e34.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,486 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Liveline Gold from 14.13

RTE Playback

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11158547

Robbie in background: Joe... Joe....Joe...hello Joe...I'm not panicking...Joe.... hello Joe..."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

I just listened back to the show where he called the hotel.

Talk about an ad for reasons NOT to invest in Ireland. From the nonsense, hysteria, and gross exaggeration spouted by the host and the Irish abroad to the comparative calmness and perspective of our European colleagues so to speak, it realy did not make us look good and dat. Mr. Duffy's contriubution could best be describer as "uninformed and irresponsible" , so to speak. I'd be pretty confident the Irish in that hotel are complaining about the lack of Barry's tea and Denny sausages so to speak.

Some unique pronuncatins as well - of course, of course:
    Rolf as Ralph
    Francoise (female) as Francois (male) - you'd think with all the time he spends at Chateaux Gateaux Duffy in Bergerac he'd know the difference so to speak?
    Countless variations of Tenerife and Adeje to name but a few so to speak.

It is such a sh*t show when you step back and really analyse it.

I forgot this beauty too from de show:

Mr. Duffy: And how much was your cruise dja mind me askin?
    Caller: €2,500 Joe
    Mr. Duffy: Wow, dats a lot of money

SAYS DE FELLA "EARNING" THAT FOR SITTING ON HIS H0LE TALKING SHOYTE FOR 75MINS INCL. BREAKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

dvcireland wrote: »
    Liveline Gold from 14.13

RTE Playback

Robbie in background: Joe... Joe....Joe...hello Joe...I'm not panicking...Joe.... hello Joe..."

dat was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,486 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Is there no end to his talents...so to speak ?

"...Raffle has a painting by RTE's Joe Duffy..."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Liveline Gold from 14.13

RTE Playback

I have that recorded and listened to the full show a few times.

It really is gas. :D

Is there no end beginning to his talents...so to speak ?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Does anybody have de clip. so tot speak where he actually says 'You can't get de virus, we're on an island'. Or is there a link available to it?

Seems that Coronavirus doesn't listen to the Great Joe Duffy and has managed to embed itself here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

It's too late to panic now Joe.

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    Does anybody have de clip. so tot speak where he actually says 'You can't get de virus, we're on an island'. Or is there a link available to it?

Seems that Coronavirus doesn't listen to the Great Joe Duffy and has managed to embed itself here.

Jeff2 is bound to have it. I've all shows recorded but I don't know what day or how far into the show it is.

In true LL form I didn't hear it myself but it's a disgrace anyway..

5297_0bd0_500.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Jeff2 is bound to have it. I've all shows recorded but I don't know what day or how far into the show it is.

It was in the first segment on one of the shows during the past week iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'll check the thread tomorrow with search "we are an island" and think I know what date so that cuts it down. I do have it record.

You could do this if you like and upload here.
    But no bother to me to.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I'll check the thread tomorrow with search "we are an island" and think I know what date so that cuts it down. I do have it record.

You could do this if you like and upload here.
    But no bother to me to.

It'll be in the previous thread as this thread is named after it. :D

You go ahead and do it Jaff as I won't get a chance till some evening during the week.

JEFF

JEFF

JEFF.

HIS NAME IS JEFF

JEFF

JEFF

JEFF.

HIS NAME IS JEFF

Did you just assume HIS OR HER gender?

Did you just assume HIS OR HER gender?

Heard a Doctor Woke from CHC on radio yesterday who is treating children with gender issues. He was telling us all we need to always introduce ourselves with our “preferred pronoun” do as to give others the permission to state their difference, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

JEFF

JEFF

JEFF.

HIS NAME IS JEFF

My name is Mr White.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,618 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lahvlahn will be corona-panic tomorrow, o maybe it will just death again

This discussion has been closed.