Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahv Lahn: we can’t get de virus as we’re an island Editio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Heard a Doctor Woke from CHC on radio yesterday who is treating children with gender issues. He was telling us all we need to always introduce ourselves with our “preferred pronoun” do as to give others the permission to state their difference, so to speak.

:rolleyes:

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    My name is Mr OR Miss White.

FYP

zell12 wrote: »
    Lahvlahn will be corona-panic tomorrow, o maybe it will just death again

What we need at times like this are calm voices and experts armed with facts. Instead we get a rabble rousing sh*t stirrer intent on creating mass hysteria and panic amongst the elderly in particular based on his ill-informed at best and dangerous at worst “advice” formed by rumour, gossip and hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Anyone want to get the sound edition of "But sure isn't the risk low, we're an island."
    Liveline 24/02/20 ~14:52

Never mind, here it is
    "yeah but is erm is the risk of not getting coronavirus in Ireland not very low, we're an island"
    https://vocaroo.com/182fKLeWz1R

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

robbie the fantasy footballer featured on the liveline radio promo.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

It’s on Joes doorstep 🀭

Gods Gift wrote: »
    It’s on Joes doorstep ��

The moat outside the castle walls will protect him as it's essentially an island and we know you can't get de virus if you're on an island.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Think I’ll invite joe to a book signing in glasnevin.
    Tomorrow

• Advertisement

Tomorrow

De Childers Dat Did Doyed From De Coronavirus And Dat Despite De Fact Dat Day Lived In An Island So To Speak

Tomorrow

Ask him about the leg.

Heard a Doctor Woke from CHC on radio yesterday who is treating children with gender issues. He was telling us all we need to always introduce ourselves with our “preferred pronoun” do as to give others the permission to state their difference, so to speak.

Stop the island, I want to get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

De Childers Dat Did Doyed From De Coronavirus And Dat Despite De Fact Dat Day Lived In An Island So To Speak

De Childer day whent skiing in eyetlia, and wat gos on tour, staze on tour so to speak..."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

With the vouyiris in the country now what panic & hysteria levels will we be on today.

Or will he change topic and finally discuss that half the country's under water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

neris wrote: »
    With the vouyiris in the country now what panic & hysteria levels will we be on today.

Hopefully he takes the unFunny Friday crew to an outside broadcast at Scoil Catriona. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Not coughing into his elbow, either!

First thing I though of too!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wonder, loike, will he have loike a few teenagers loike talking with American accents to joe from glasnevin loike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

pc7 wrote: »
    Wonder, loike, will he have loike a few teenagers loike talking with American accents to joe from glasnevin loike
    Totally loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Totally loike.

Doesn’t sound like an American accent that. Think you mean D4?

8-10 wrote: »
    Doesn’t sound like an American accent that. Think you mean D4?

Lots of Irish teenagers seem to have this American accent, maybe watching too much Nick. I did the spelling for effect sez I.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lots of Irish teenagers seem to have this American accent, maybe watching too much Nick. I did the spelling for effect sez I.

Loike is definitely Irish in terms of pronunciation. Saying like a lot in general is American I’d agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Field east

dat was brilliant

Tooni Huluhan. Chineese spelling I assume
    Tooni Holeahan. Finnish spelling I assume.
    Maybe the HSE chief executive might come on and give us the Italian, Irish andEnglish spelling of his name just to complete the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe will have the tissue aisle down in Nolans emptied before hitting the road today if that's the level of panic. Though a death between now and 3pm might send him over the edge

Wonder could I self isolate the smallies later so I can listen and follow thread. Reckon it’s going to be pure gold today, he won’t be able to contain himself. Or in true line lahnnnn fashion he’ll talk about some random coin found in an attic that belonged to a childer from de rising and punish us!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Wonder could I self isolate the smallies later so I can listen and follow thread. Reckon it’s going to be pure gold today, he won’t be able to contain himself. Or in true line lahnnnn fashion he’ll talk about some random coin found in an attic that belonged to a childer from de rising and punish us!
    Do that caller :)

Just a question, watching Radio One on tv, does each presenter use their own furry mic? Could it be a germ catcher/spreader if they don’t? Many many moons ago I worked in a call center and we all had are own individual headsets/mics

ETA it is so weird watching them do radio on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Almost definitely. He got off to a slow enough start with it last week, even trying to calm people down at times. I'd say he's realised by now that he can milk this for about a month if he plays his cards right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Field east

fritzelly wrote: »
    If Coronavirus breaks the country we may be listening to repeats of liveline, I'll leave you with that thought, stuff of nightmares
    Archives are so important for social history . There would be a MAJOR MAJOR gap in the history of how we once just about survived for decades up to the C. Virus until it wiped us out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement