Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

W221 wrote: »
    There’ll probably be another fast track in two weeks folks!

I'll not hold my breath that I'm on it either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

Be positive. There is still plenty of time to hear and the merit list will be rather long. Don't fret and in the meantime focus on HIIT and strength work.

Thanks! Starting 6am bootcamp next week and doing more on the side too. If I dont get to the next stage at least Iv got more fit and strong on the plus side..

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

MidwifeN wrote: »
    Thanks! Starting 6am bootcamp next week and doing more on the side too. If I dont get to the next stage at least Iv got more fit and strong on the plus side..

Keep positive, it’s not over until it’s over! We’re all in the boat with you, be strong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Keep positive, it’s not over until it’s over! We’re all in the boat with you, be strong!

Yep we are all feeling exactly the same at the minute but here's hoping we will be pleasantly surprised come the 10th of May. Don't let it get to you too much,keep positive and have other things to keep you occupied and keep you happy in the meantime lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Yep we are all feeling exactly the same at the minute but here's hoping we will be pleasantly surprised come the 10th of May. Don't let it get to you too much,keep positive and have other things to keep you occupied and keep you happy in the meantime lol
    Lol i think i need a holiday!! How many days until the 10th?? Lol

Toots123 wrote: »
    Lol i think i need a holiday!! How many days until the 10th?? Lol

I know the feeling! The next few weeks will fly past. I’ll be getting my van prepped to go to the NW200 as well, I’ll be busy and hopefully not thinking too much about the 10th.

I was curious, would the fast track people be willing to share their outcome of the AC (perhaps the grade rather than the actual numeral score) and/or an approximate ML number? Apologies if that’s too intrusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kbe173

I know the feeling! The next few weeks will fly past. I’ll be getting my van prepped to go to the NW200 as well, I’ll be busy and hopefully not thinking too much about the 10th.

I was curious, would the fast track people be willing to share their outcome of the AC (perhaps the grade rather than the actual numeral score) and/or an approximate ML number? Apologies if that’s too intrusive.

We dont get that til 10th may do but ive no issues sharing when I know. Im sure everyone will come the day!

Kbe173 wrote: »
    We dont get that til 10th may do but ive no issues sharing when I know. Im sure everyone will come the day!

Ahhhh!

I was gonna edit and say maybe we can all share at the same time. Might provide some reference for future campaigns.

• Advertisement

Ahhhh!

I was gonna edit and say maybe we can all share at the same time. Might provide some reference for future campaigns.
    Yea its very hard to discuss as its not aloud but there are so many questions id love to ask but cant! Fustrating

Yea its very hard to discuss as its not aloud but there are so many questions id love to ask but cant! Fustrating

Safety first!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Am I right in saying fast tracker vetting forms are inbound?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying fast tracker vetting forms are inbound?

I’d imagine Wednesday of this week! FT1 was sent out on the Friday, vetting forms came the following Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 staffielover

Posting to see if anyone can help.

I am one of the lucky ones who has received an email for fast track.

I am short sighted. Have just had my eyes tested today and my optician has advised that the requirement of unaided acuity 6/36 vision is not going to be met by myself.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this is past recruitment campaigns.

Any reply/ advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am short sighted. Have just had my eyes tested today and my optician has advised that the requirement of unaided acuity 6/36 vision is not going to be met by myself.

Im sorry Ive zero advise given I have 20/20 vision.....you could go for it and hope for the best. I dont think its a very hi tech eye test. Or I know some people in the medical chat have suggested getting laser eye surgery quickly if thats something you would consider. You could maybe search in the medical chat for any past advice. I really dont have much of a clue I just didnt want you to have no reply!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

This may be an issue come your medical assessment as you will be required to carry a firearm. My advise would be to contact recruitment and express your concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cherryapple444

Orbital1 wrote: »

This may be an issue come your medical assessment as you will be required to carry a firearm. My advise would be to contact recruitment and express your concerns.

Unfortunately it will be an issue for your medical, the eyesight requirement of 6/36 unaided is strictly adhered to. You would need to get laser eye surgery prior to the medical in order to pass

Orbital1 wrote: »

Unfortunately it will be an issue for your medical, the eyesight requirement of 6/36 unaided is strictly adhered to. You would need to get laser eye surgery prior to the medical in order to pass
    Are glasses or contact lenses not allowed for thr vision test. I too am short sighted and will need to check how far that is. My eyesight is pretty good but i do wear glasses for driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 4wesome5auce

Are glasses or contact lenses not allowed for thr vision test. I too am short sighted and will need to check how far that is. My eyesight is pretty good but i do wear glasses for driving.

The medical will test your aided and unaided visual acuity. Ideally if you wear glasses/contacts you should be bringing one or the other with you (ideally your glasses since, as mentioned both will be test.)

This is what they are checking for in terms of vision I believe:

Bilateral visual acuity, using corrective lenses if necessary of at least 6.6 (6/7.5 in the better eye and 6/12 in the other eye)

Unaided acuity 6/36 binocularly

Near vision N6 aided or unaided

Normal visual fields

Severe colour deficiency is not acceptable

• Advertisement

This is what they are checking for in terms of vision I believe:

Bilateral visual acuity, using corrective lenses if necessary of at least 6.6 (6/7.5 in the better eye and 6/12 in the other eye)

Unaided acuity 6/36 binocularly

Near vision N6 aided or unaided

Normal visual fields

Severe colour deficiency is not acceptable
    Think i shd be ill check with my optician.

Has anyone who received an email last Friday received vetting forms yet?

I believe they got theirs quicker than we did!!im beginning to think there wont be a PCA date until after the deadline for vetting.

Yea they were emailed.

Mine are already with PSNI

Hey folks if on the 10th May i am one of the lucky ones to pass when do you think the ball will start rolling for next steps.

Hey folks if on the 10th May i am one of the lucky ones to pass when do you think the ball will start rolling for next steps.

Depends on your ML position

Not long to wait now til most questions are answered lol

Pca date given there. Is it just FT 1 or the 2nd group too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kw19

The second group have also received theirs

Not asking date to keep anonymity but how long roughly away is it? Trying to guage how long I have to get my ass fit if I get good news come 10th May

• Advertisement

MidwifeN wrote: »
    Not asking date to keep anonymity but how long roughly away is it? Trying to guage how long I have to get my ass fit if I get good news come 10th May

Length of time from results to PCA will depend on ML score. The higher the scorer the sooner it will be

Hey folks been very quite on here this week. Hope yous all enjoying the lovely weather.
    Lets hope Friday brings a few more fast track emails to some lucky people.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Easter has been a nice distraction from the waiting game. Would be nice to get an email on Friday but at least not long to go now to we hear either way!

Easter has been a nice distraction from the waiting game. Would be nice to get an email on Friday but at least not long to go now to we hear either way!
    It really has been nice not to think about it for a few days to be honest. Yes either way not long now for all our fate to be decided! Been out walking/running with the lovely weather great to see

That was some great weather! My slightly balding head isn’t so happy though, it’s a little tender lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

Morning all :)

First time messaging here. Just found this forum by accident. Reading the full 57 pages was long, but worth it seeing how people were feeling and in the same boat as me when it came to the AC. I also haven't received any fast track emails and just waiting patiently for May 10th!!!!

Morning all :)

First time messaging here. Just found this forum by accident. Reading the full 57 pages was long, but worth it seeing how people were feeling and in the same boat as me when it came to the AC. I also haven't received any fast track emails and just waiting patiently for May 10th!!!!
    Hey welcome to the hot line!!lol
    Glad to hear from others awaiting the deadline. How did you feel your ac went and what month did you do it

Hey welcome to the hot line!!lol
    Glad to hear from others awaiting the deadline. How did you feel your ac went and what month did you do it

Did the AC in the middle of all that snow we got if you can remember that far back. Was worried incase I wouldn’t make it up. Honestly felt I did crap in it. Kept having flashbacks on the way home and thinking I should have asked this, I should have said that. The usual. Then in the report writing my mouse kept freezing so I just ended up using the pressure pad on the lap top to move about. This did delay me a lot with typing up what we needed to do.
    So with all this in mind, I know for a fact that I will not be fast tracked and waiting until May to see what the outcome will be :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Any thoughts about another batch of FT tomorrow or are we too close to the results for that?

• Advertisement

Peterh89 wrote: »
    Any thoughts about another batch of FT tomorrow or are we too close to the results for that?

Dunno. Was thinking the same thing myself. Just wish the actual results were out tomorrow so that I know where i stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Two weeks tomorrow folks. Not long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Did the AC in the middle of all that snow we got if you can remember that far back. Was worried incase I wouldn’t make it up. Honestly felt I did crap in it. Kept having flashbacks on the way home and thinking I should have asked this, I should have said that. The usual. Then in the report writing my mouse kept freezing so I just ended up using the pressure pad on the lap top to move about. This did delay me a lot with typing up what we needed to do.
    So with all this in mind, I know for a fact that I will not be fast tracked and waiting until May to see what the outcome will be :s

I had the same mouse issues.....did you get much of the report done?
    I got 3 sections done so over half not completed.

JJss1988 wrote: »
    I had the same mouse issues.....did you get much of the report done?
    I got 3 sections done so over half not completed.

I honestly can't remember JJss1988 how much of the report I completed. I know that i didn't complete it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheCandidate_

Hi all, new poster here . Starting to get closer to the big day! Don't feel overly confident on how my AC went but still remaining hopeful on the idea.

Hi all, new poster here . Starting to get closer to the big day! Don't feel overly confident on how my AC went but still remaining hopeful on the idea.

Think some of us are all feeling the same!

• Advertisement

Yep I agree I feel the same too,it helps knowing a lot of others are going through the same emotions lol i completely agree about thinking back and saying I should have said this or wrote that but it's not worth stressing yourself out over something you can't control now. It's been a long wait but it's near over and whoever gets the good news it's meant to be for them. If it's bad news then use it as a learning experience for the next recruitmemt drive

True, as it being my first time applying I feel like I could smash it second time around. Just a waiting game for us all

I left my AC with mixed emotions.

Initially like "yeah i smashed that"

Then the self doubt kicked in. Then peaks and troughs of optimism then doubt cause of the over analysing.

But the i got the FT email with Tranche 2 so i'm buzzing.

If you feel like your AC went badly it doesn't mean it has.

Well done @YNWA27 , I left mine and had a lot of doubt! Feel like I stumbled my way through the day.

Though 2 weeks left of the waiting game and I will know for sure. Nerves kicking in for everyone yet ?

Nerves have been here since the day after the AC!! Any idea on how many recruits they are looking for from this campaign?

• Advertisement
Advertisement