Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

I agree. Out of interest I viewed last year's thread and whilst there seems to be arguments and other debacles in the thread it seems more chatty.

Also noticed that towards the end of March there were a few fast tracked so maybe it'll happen to a lucky few this year.

I think someone had said previously there wouldn’t be a fast track this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

W221 wrote: »
    I think someone had said previously there wouldn’t be a fast track this time round

Who said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Who said that?

This from an FOI submitted a while ago. Note "at present" so I'd say unless otherwise advised that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Peelers

There is about 500 people to process from the1710 lot still. Hopefully they exhaust that list first and then exhaust the 1810 list

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Has anyone on here rescheduled their AC and still waiting to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Again. Not that I expect to even get a pca date as the more I think about my performance the more I'm cringing... but... has anyone not actually started any training yet? Or for those who have what does your typical week look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zero1000F

E18 wrote: »
    Again. Not that I expect to even get a pca date as the more I think about my performance the more I'm cringing... but... has anyone not actually started any training yet? Or for those who have what does your typical week look like?

Have been steadily increasing my stamina. Try a bit of hill running etc. The pca has a basic fitness level, if you cant do that then it’s definitely something you need to focus on!

I do running and swimming. I think circuits would be great to build up to pca level.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Evening everyone, time for my usual check up now that I have a little time lol

How is everyone getting on over here? Any of the long-timers still on here and kicking?

Haven’t had much chance to get on here the past while, have to say it is a very intensive and difficult course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

Hi guys, I’m new to this forum and this is my first post so please go easy on me lol

Can I ask, I done the assessment centre recently and I feel I performed quite well however when it got to the IST resit I feel I let myself down big time! Is this a re test one time only thing? Or if there is a big difference in marks compared to your first IST do you get to come back and do it again in full for validation purposes?

Thanks

• Advertisement

To the best of my knowledge... I think after the initial mini ist resit if there is a difference in original performance you are asked to come back in to sit the full test under supervision.

Pips01 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I’m new to this forum and this is my first post so please go easy on me lol

Can I ask, I done the assessment centre recently and I feel I performed quite well however when it got to the IST resit I feel I let myself down big time! Is this a re test one time only thing? Or if there is a big difference in marks compared to your first IST do you get to come back and do it again in full for validation purposes?

Thanks

I think only if there's a significant difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

I think only if there's a significant difference.

I got a chance to answer a question again that I think I got wrong the first time. I might have performed better second time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Horsiemad1

First time poster. Done my A/C today found it hard but feel like I got in to it a bit. Once in to it I enjoyed the role plays but it’s the unknown if you were good enough. Some times it’s a case of you either think it went well but you were actually really bad or the fact that you thought you were really bad but went well. Is anyone else with me?

Horsiemad1 wrote: »
    First time poster. Done my A/C today found it hard but feel like I got in to it a bit. Once in to it I enjoyed the role plays but it’s the unknown if you were good enough. Some times it’s a case of you either think it went well but you were actually really bad or the fact that you thought you were really bad but went well. Is anyone else with me?

I think everyone is with you... hard to know, time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 R007

Just focus on the bleep test for stamina and do circuits, google search circuit training in your local area and get started.

Bleep test can be downloaded from a range of websites. I think I used Police Scotland's one of their website.

Horsiemad1 wrote: »

I think it's hard to know exactly what they are looking for and that only time will tell. It's a bit scary waiting until May.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Horsiemad1

I know at least god help the people who have had to wait from January/Feb. At least it’s shorter time frame now for people that done their AC in March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

I did my assessment yesterday and i think i found the timings more of a pressure than the actual Role play. Everybody waiting at the doors of the interview rooms was like monsters ink if anybody has watched it!!lol
    But like the rest of you it hard to call.

Toots123 wrote: »
    I did my assessment yesterday and i think i found the timings more of a pressure than the actual Role play. Everybody waiting at the doors of the interview rooms was like monsters ink if anybody has watched it!!lol
    But like the rest of you it hard to call.

I get the reference and very apt. I think it's probably the case for everyone and the struggle keeping it concise.

• Advertisement

Yes its a waiting game now for us all

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

My first year doing the AC, have to say it wasn't as bad as I expected! But still very hard to tell if you did well or awful! But a different experience for sure. Wouldn't want to have to go through it again mind as its a long day and quite stressful. Long wait now until May 10th for AC results. Am I right in thinking once those results are posted you get this ML score? And its solely based off of the AC? That then determines how quick they get to you if you pass the remaining stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Hi All
    Looks like the highest scorers from 1810 will be fast tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Looks like the highest scorers from 1810 will be fast tracked.
    What makes you say this?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Andy smith wrote: »
    What makes you say this?

Tis an update on the psni recruitment site :)

Andy smith wrote: »
    What makes you say this?
    It is on the join PSNI website.
    Only put up today.

Very good... well done to anyone on here who has received an email today!

Has anyone recieved word today or would it be from tomorrow onwards?

Going by last years campaign thread some candidates were emailed the same day that the joinpsni website updated with the fast track news.

• Advertisement

Just saw the update for the fast tracks 18/10 anybody get the call??

Advertisement