Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Even your personality will determine how you cope, the more extreme introverts may thrive on the solitude, while extroverts will wither.

It's a long road ahead of us, at least we have phones and the internet. It's not the same but we can still keep in touch with others.
    The marvellous Flann O'Brien said, in the epigraph of The Hard Life, "All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone".

That will be tested a lot nowadays...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

People who don't crush rubbish before putting it in the bin. The indoor bins need to be emptied at least twice as often and the outdoor bin is regularly overflowing before collection day. Often the people doing this aren't the ones that empty the bins and replace the liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

A friend of mine who always had a tendency to be a bit needy and ask for clarification on blatantly obvious things, is really outdoing herself these days. She is the type to post on Facebook or our group chat asking “anyone know what time Tesco closes at tonight?” in normal times, or “how long does it take cook a chicken?”, instead of googling it herself given that she was on a device with internet access.

Anyway, Leo’s speech wasn’t even over on Friday when she started “omg how far is 2km? In miles, like? Can I go as far as the shop?” , followed by “Will the pharmacy still be open?” and now today it’s “can anyone think of something healthy and filling I can eat?”.

This woman is a reasonably well-educated intelligent woman but sometimes I just despair of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

People who post the phrase *fair play* all the time insinuating that people are not playing fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I just looked in the mirror and saw a shocking head of brown hair amply mixed with grey/white hair mixed in . TA is I can't go to a barber to get it tidied up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When people turn into sanctimonious windbags. Usually after guzzling too much wine. Also, the word guzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Jebus, who'd do that? (Film it and send it on, that is) Surely the thing to do is pull your own blinds down and MYOB. Unless he was deliberately being an exhibitionist. In which case I'd still pull my blinds down and let him carry on.

I feel like I should explain... ..because it was sorta funny.

Some woman goes to the window to film everybody clapping for the NHS at 8pm, and pans down to yer man one apartment down and two over giving himself a hand shandy on the couch with his laptop in front of him. His living room kinda sticks out, and it looks like he's closed the front blinds but not the side ones. She narrates something like : 'Just going to the window for 8pm for the applause, and there's this guy at it again. ****s sake!' From her tone she can see him hoisting his own petard every time she looks out her window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Businesses with multiple platforms and dont put the business status on any of them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,346 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Idiots who respond with passive aggressive indignation when they've been called out on their vapid nonsense.

They seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Should be referred to as 'Jaco' in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

cj maxx wrote: »
    I just looked in the mirror and saw a shocking head of brown hair amply mixed with grey/white hair mixed in . TA is I can't go to a barber to get it tidied up :(

It's just going to get worse for the next few weeks.
    Try being me it's going to go curley as well in the next few weeks.
    Youd be tempted to dye it or shave it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It's just going to get worse for the next few weeks.
    Try being me it's going to go curley as well in the next few weeks.
    Youd be tempted to dye it or shave it off.

TA'd that i was the most vain young fella ever!
    I played in a band.... managed a music shop in my early 20's...I was am absolute poseur....my mane had to be perfect....half a can of silvikrin hairspray..in a certain style...and if it didn't set .wash???and do over..wash and do over...I could spend 3 hours on my hair...and still not go out!!
    Chemo put a stop to all that...for the last 10 years... Mach 3 all over every 5-10 days....and if I could go back to my early 20's...I'd shave it immediately!!

TA'd that i was the most vain young fella ever!
    I played in a band.... managed a music shop in my early 20's...I was am absolute poseur....my mane had to be perfect....half a can of silvikrin hairspray..in a certain style...and if it didn't set .wash???and do over..wash and do over...I could spend 3 hours on my hair...and still not go out!!
    Chemo put a stop to all that...for the last 10 years... Mach 3 all over every 5-10 days....and if I could go back to my early 20's...I'd shave it immediately!!

I've actually consider in the past.
    If just looks so flippin pale tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I've actually consider in the past.
    If just looks so flippin pale tough.

You'll tan very easily... but... until then..get boots No7 moisturizer with a slight tanning effect...I used it when I was sick and it worked wonders!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Sausage producers that don't cut the links between sausages.
    I don't want to have to cut them, what's the point of leaving them linked?
    Just cut them in the factory, ffs.

What about the hipster w*nker ones that are "hand tied". They can take them with their "wilted greens" and "cut fruit" and just f*ck right off :pac: TA food "trends".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Preaching vs compassion - ticks.me.right.off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Kids bedtime getting a whole lot brighter.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I've did nothing today, and the day has already almost ended. What a waste. Another kebab order, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've did nothing today, and the day has already almost ended. What a waste. Another kebab order, methinks.

I know what you mean. It's like Good Friday (when everything used to shut) on a loop.
    Groundhog day.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I know what you mean. It's like Good Friday (when everything used to shut) on a loop.
    Groundhog day.

I know. I mean I do have things at home to entertain me - my video games and all that, but I normally break that hobby up into portions so that I can do other things as well (I have a low attention span) and the most exciting thing I can do to break it up is hang a washing out, or go on Just Eat for the 50th time.

If I liked my job before this started, I will run to my job when I start back. My punctuality record will be off the chart when this is all over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Normally having a prepay power meter is just a choice I slightly regret making.
    Lately its been a massive annoyance.
    Mine couldnt be topped up on a laptop for some bizarre reason,(or not for below €50 at a time which is more than I'd want or need or sometimes could afford at once), only by smartphone, which I didn't have til last summer.

Once I had a phone I tried the app but it wouldnt accept my account number or something.

They came out to replace it with a different model but it turned out they refused to remove the old one. I'd have *two* meters stuck on the wall, highly visible. I chose to stick with what I had as it wasnt *that* annoying just topping up at a shop.

Fast forward to self isolation and it became a bit more of a TA!

Actually got the app working this evening though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When do you know you have gone clinically insane? My boyfriend just said to me “in the last hour you’ve cried over missing your nieces, got mad at the fridge because there’s no wine left and now you’re after Irish dancing around the living room to the theme tune of fair city”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

When do you know you have gone clinically insane? My boyfriend just said to me “in the last hour you’ve cried over missing your nieces, got mad at the fridge because there’s no wine left and now you’re after Irish dancing around the living room to the theme tune of fair city”

you're probably safe if you have the capacity to wonder if you're clinically insane ;) .....cry, dance, get mad, laugh, live missus! :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Ok getting mad about no wine left I could understand. But the Irish dancing makes me concerned!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Antares35 wrote: »
    What about the hipster w*nker ones that are "hand tied". They can take them with their "wilted greens" and "cut fruit" and just f*ck right off :pac: TA food "trends".

I know what i would do.Hand tied around their necks:D

You'll tan very easily... but... until then..get boots No7 moisturizer with a slight tanning effect...I used it when I was sick and it worked wonders!

It is tempting to be honest with you.
    U used have mad out of control hair up until a few years ago. Now, I'm down to a 2 on top and 0.5 on the sides buzz.
    Was very tempted to go shorter the last time. Sorry, I didn't now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

really really stupid people who text you and ask you, do I have to go to work tomorrow?

Words, there's loads. but I will refrain from using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The doorbell in my apartment is so loud I jump every time it chimes. No way to turn the volume down, way too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

AllForIt wrote: »
    The doorbell in my apartment is so loud I jump every time it chimes. No way to turn the volume down, way too loud.

Take of the cover and put a sock in it. It will dampin the speakers ability to make noise. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

:D:D Thats brightened my day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement