Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

TA'd it took me from 9pm last night until now to get up to date, so I can post this (stupid work).

TA'd that my mates missus has suddenly decided to watch the MCU films but is watching them in order of series. As in watched the 3 Iron Man films, then all the Avengers films (including Infinity War and End Game), and are now watching Thor... That's akin to taking a bite out of the 4 bars of a Kit-Kat. Just psychotic behaviour. And she's genuine OCD about most other things!

Might be slightly more than TA'd tbh.
    Star Wars should be watched in Machete Order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

AllForIt wrote: »
    The doorbell in my apartment is so loud I jump every time it chimes. No way to turn the volume down, way too loud.

Shout at the window down to them 'we're in lock down, funk off.'

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

All the cuts they make to James Bond movies when they show them on the ITV channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When do you know you have gone clinically insane? My boyfriend just said to me “in the last hour you’ve cried over missing your nieces, got mad at the fridge because there’s no wine left and now you’re after Irish dancing around the living room to the theme tune of fair city
    Well, anyone who watches Fair City of their own free will should be sectioned immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

AllForIt wrote: »
    The doorbell in my apartment is so loud I jump every time it chimes. No way to turn the volume down, way too loud.

Wrap it in masking tape.
    Star Wars should be watched in Machete Order.

Or just shouldn't be watched at all. Terrible series. Only good live action Star Wars films was Rogue One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

I had to ask my wife for some moisturiser because the skin on my hands is so dry with from all the washing. "Can I use some of your moisturiser ?" was not something I ever expected to have to say.

Still, if it's good enough for Norwegian Fishermen...

I finally saw one of the Simpsons and Family Guy crossover episodes and it was a load of horse****.
    TA that two shows I used to love have fallen so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Take of the cover and put a sock in it. It will dampin the speakers ability to make noise. ;)

That was funny.
    Wrap it in masking tape.

Great thinking guys, don't know why I didn't think of something along those lines.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

The boots virtual que, its ridiculous. Cant even browse!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mundo7976 wrote: »

What's the actually idea of this?

Is there really that many people on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mundo7976 wrote: »

Thread on the beauty forum about it, some are waiting 5+ hours and then it crashes at the payment stage. Stuff comes from the UK so they're advising using Irish pharmacies that deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

Authoritah....

it just TA's me. Spelled wrong on purpose btw :D:D:D :pac:

I just dont have any respect for it :pac: unless it deserves it then I give it my upmost respect :pac: :D

**** who get annoyed over itsy bitsy tiny things. Like little things. I hate people who are too organized. I'm organised. I have things together but I **** up every now and then just to keep things in proper order:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I didn't go to bed, and I know this is the beginning of it - my sleeping pattern being the worst it's ever been since I was a lazy bastard on the dole at 18-20 years old.

At least I don't have to feel guilty about it this time.

Edit: Now that I think about it:- technically, because of my situation work-wise, I am once again a lazy bastard on the dole*. The circle is complete.

(*temporarily, of course)

I cant find the thread but was reading some thread about someone looking for tall men or something earlier in the week

Thread was just a laugh but.a poster spoke to another poster in "baby talk" to try to be condescending. No. Just say ****off. It was actually strange/weird to read - came across like Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest. Freaked me out. They also had a pal in the thread who tagged along side thanking all their posts encouraging them like a lackey with the emotional numbness of a sheep and proudly displaying some kind of pathetic sardonic Daria Morgendorffer attitude like you know "whatever this is the way it is and feelings are yea well they yea dont well bla, its just the internet, I only cry if its personal to me but everyone else is fair game" seemed like an unemotional plank and laughed off suggestions of self harm and other serious topic! That ta'd me.

bonny! wrote: »
    I cant find the thread but was reading some thread about someone looking for tall men or something earlier in the week

Thread was just a laugh but.a poster spoke to another poster in "baby talk" to try to be condescending. No. Just say ****off. It was actually strange/weird to read - came across like Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest. Freaked me out. They also had a pal in the thread who tagged along side thanking all their posts encouraging them like a lackey with the emotional numbness of a sheep and proudly displaying some kind of pathetic sardonic Daria Morgendorffer attitude like you know "whatever this is the way it is and feelings are yea well they yea dont well bla" seemed like an unemotional plank and laughed off suggestions of self harm and other serious topic! That ta'd me.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058064453

Oh yea thanks but can't be bothered posting in it now but imagine some arsehole speaking to you like that irl? In baby talk? **** off!

Oh yea thanks but can't be bothered posting in it now but imagine some arsehole speaking to you like that irl? In baby talk? **** off!

I found the comment. That would bring my piss to a boil

I found the comment. That would bring my piss to a boil

It's ok dont worry little ickle boy :D

No it was weird right? But alot things are weird on this site :):| apparently its Hotel California!!

It's ok dont worry little ickle boy :D

No it was weird right? But alot things are weird on this site :):| apparently its Hotel California!!

Welcome to Boards :D :pac:

• Advertisement

Welcome to Boards :D :pac:

Thanks Llyod. Little slow tonight though isnt it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

**** who get annoyed over itsy bitsy tiny things. Like little things.

That is literally what this thread is for.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That is literally what this thread is for.

I know but I was working in this job before thay had a huge department. Noone talked to anyone within the job. It was weird. I saw this bloke on the train who was technically in the same category as me in the job. Anyhow I went to say hi ! because I wasnt facing him in a situation where I could pretend I couldnt see him.

I started yapping away and he said something about moving back home to his mothers house because of unforeseen circumstances. Grand. So to try to put a positive spin on it, I said " great you'll get all your washing done" and the guy freaked out on the train and said "what? I would never allow my mother to do my washing. I wouldn't insult her' i was like okay!!!

I dont really want to get into it too much because I remember years ago seeing a thread on here of crazy people who harped on about manchildz getting their clothes washed by their mams and tbh my opinion on the matter is that alot of younglings (18-24) have their clothes washed by mammy and it does them no harm but already I've said too much...

Anyway the way he went on that day made me feel uncomfortable cause he was so robotic and too uptight. about everything and I like laid back...I.explain too much though..

Tmi?

So he is one of "those" who gets annoyed over itsy bitsy things...
    If ya get me? ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I went to get some supplies the other day, a few essentials.
    Bread, milk etc, and toothpaste.
    I spotted this charcoal toothpaste in Tesco, so I said I’d give it a shot.
    Now, don’t all attack at once....it’s black! I know it’s a charcoal toothpaste, but I
    Didn’t really think a about the colour...( I wa stop busy keeping my distance)
    The bathroom sink is contstantly manky looking.
    And I have a beard with black streaks in it now, I look like someone who is doing a dodgy home dye job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That "small print" talk at the end of radio ads for banks or insurance companies.
    You have somebody speaking in a really jolly manner on the great services and products the bank/insurance company offers.
    Then towards the end of the ad it's like they have a complete personality lobotomy and they start talking in a really stern voice about the various warnings and consequences if you don't keep up repayments.

I think these ads really expose the duplicity of these institutions. They're all nice and jolly to your face but as soon as they reel you in or of you look for something from them they show their true nasty colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That "small print" talk at the end of radio ads for banks or insurance companies.
    You have somebody speaking in a really jolly manner on the great services and products the bank/insurance company offers.
    Then towards the end of the ad it's like they have a complete personality lobotomy and they start talking in a really stern voice about the various warnings and consequences if you don't keep up repayments.

I think these ads really expose the duplicity of these institutions. They're all nice and jolly to your face but as soon as they reel you in or of you look for something from them they show their true nasty colours.

This is a TA of mine too.
    And they always speed talk the warnings and consequences, 'burble, burble , burble', so you'd have to strain your ears to hear it. They only want you to hear the jolly stuff.

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    This is a TA of mine too.
    And they always speed talk the warnings and consequences, 'burble, burble , burble', so you'd have to strain your ears to hear it. They only want you to hear the jolly stuff.
    failuretomeetpaymentsmayresultinthelossofyourfirstbornchild...
    They did one of those radio ads with Mick Lally years back when he did the fast-talk bit at the end he spoke in his normal easy-going way, the warnings took about twice as lng as the ad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Here's a fair old TA...waste management companies are reporting a 40% increase in food waste in the last fortnight. Its still ok to stockpile and panic buy though, as long as you don't send out harsh vibes or whatever tragic BS some folks tell themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Here's a fair old TA...waste management companies are reporting a 40% increase in food waste in the last fortnight..

I often question this headline or similar.
    There are more people at home, kids off, cafes, take aways, etc closed. So naturally peoples food bins are going to have more waste food in them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement