Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I often question this headline or similar.
    There are more people at home, kids off, cafes, take aways, etc closed. So naturally peoples food bins are going to have more waste food in them.

To the tune of 40% though? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

To the tune of 40% though? I don't think so.

Well a good % of that 40% of that would be be.
    People love a good rant lately about stocking pileing on social media just to make them look like little angels.
    The amount of lies I saw about local supermarkets being empty of stock in the past past few weeks was rather high. All posted by people just to get likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

Havent been on a proper holiday for five years. Had one booked for may. Trivial but still i was really looking forward to it. :(

Plus the last time I was on a "sunny" holiday, someone with us said at the airport that they had a dream we had rain and we had rain for the whole week!!!

People love a good rant lately about stocking pileing on social media just to make them look like little angels.
    The amount of lies I saw about local supermarkets being empty of stock in the past past few weeks was rather high. All posted by people just to get likes.

I'm not on any social media sites so I wouldn't know. I also don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks of me on Boards and certainly wouldn't lie about supermarkets as that just inspires the idiots.

I don't know about you but my waste has not increased by 40% in the last 2 weeks. If anyone's has, you are doing something wrong, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know about you but my waste has not increased by 40% in the last 2 weeks. If anyone's has, you are doing something wrong, simple as.

I have neighbor's.
    They work hard and they'd eat out nearly every day and sometimes twice a day.
    All there cafes and restaurants are closed now. So naturally there food waste is going up by more that 40% and I know other people in similar positions between kids, etc being at home. If they are preparing meals through out peelings, skins, etc.
    I just don't think this 40% increase is as clear cut as some people make out to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've got polytunnel envy.
    Or is it jealousy?

All my neighbours have lashed into the vegetable gardening with soil and equipment delivered and I'm dying to get started. Still time...it's still early for seed sowing..oh wait, the nurseries are shutting down...

I'm not sure how true it is, I know there's some truth but a large part of it is whats being termed "Rage Bait culture".

Ps. Not that the contents of my fridge or bin is anyones busi ess, but if any headcases are thinking of having a 'go'- I don't waste food. So just don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm not on any social media sites so I wouldn't know. I also don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks of me on Boards and certainly wouldn't lie about supermarkets as that just inspires the idiots.

We have almost no food waste at the moment.
    Being at home nearly all of the time means all leftovers get eaten.
    I can see how peelings and stuff might increase (we use a compost bin) but there should be less general food waste.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've got polytunnel envy.
    Or is it jealousy?

All my neighbours have lashed into the vegetable gardening with soil and equipment delivered and I'm dying to get started. Still time...it's still early for seed sowing..oh wait, the nurseries are shutting down...

Nope, envy is right.

We have almost no food waste at the moment.
    Being at home nearly all of the time means all leftovers get eaten.
    I can see how peelings and stuff might increase (we use a compost bin) but there should be less general food waste.

You would think so. Its only being spoken about now in Ireland but it seems its a problem further afield. A relatively new one of course because the panic only started recently. Bound to happen, we're far from a perfect species. It will become much more of a talking point in Ireland very soon.

https://phys.org/news/2020-03-unintended-consequences-stockpiling-food.html
    https://www.whitchurchherald.co.uk/news/18340837.increased-food-waste-panic-buying-may-overwhelm-biogas-plants/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    Nope, envy is right.

Basically, envy is wanting something someone else has, jealousy is not wanting anyone to have something you have.

Or, envy is the opposite of borrowing, jealousy is the opposite of lending. Kind of.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People shopping in pairs. There's only so many people allowed in shops at a time and everyone has to wait longer because you fcuks can't bare to part for 20 minutes!

They shouldn't be out together unless they live in the same household - you'd think they'd enjoy a bit of time apart. I think supermarkets should refuse anyone other than single shoppers.

New Home wrote: »
    Basically, envy is wanting something someone else has, jealousy is not wanting anyone to have something you have.

Or, envy is the opposite of borrowing, jealousy is the opposite of lending. Kind of.

I don't want them to not have it, or to take it from them, I just want it too. If that makes sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

RTE 's coverage of Donald Trump. Enough with the smug conceited winks and giggles. I don't pay my license fee for your opinion on whether or not you think he is a stupid cretinous chunt or not. I can make my own mind up about the president of America at this stage, he has been on my Telly half my life and all over it for the last 5 years.

Your overpaid entitled piece of piss job is to tell me what he said, not what you think about what he said. If I for a second wanted your conceited smug opinion on anything I would ask. That includes you Brian O'Donovan. I really don't care for your opinion on anything if I am being honest, and you Ms Perry. Enough with the conceited grins please, no one values your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

bnt wrote: »
    People mixing up the words "steal" and "rob" e.g. "we robbed some sweets". No: you stole some sweets when you robbed the corner shop. People and places are robbed, things are stolen. :o
    Like when Mrs Doyle was telling Fr Ted that her elderly friend had been robbed. He said that's terrible did they get away with much?

'You don't understand father, she was robbed; they stole her' :D

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    RTE 's coverage of Donald Trump. Enough with the smug conceited winks and giggles. I don't pay my license fee for your opinion on whether or not you think he is a stupid cretinous chunt or not. I can make my own mind up about the president of America at this stage, he has been on my Telly half my life and all over it for the last 5 years.

Your overpaid entitled piece of piss job is to tell me what he said, not what you think about what he said. If I for a second wanted your conceited smug opinion on anything I would ask. That includes you Brian O'Donovan. I really don't care for your opinion on anything if I am being honest, and you Ms Perry. Enough with the conceited grins please, no one values your opinion.

The decline of impartiality in journalism has always been a TA of mine, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Hatred of my neighbours grows every day. They all have perfectly good back gardens. There is absolutely NO NEED for your children (babies in walkers this evening) to be out playing on the road in front of the houses. Especially now when we're all supposed to be staying in our own houses.

Other TA's from them:
    at least 3 have barky dogs that yip and bark all day long
    selfish cnut across the road getting his bathroom redecorated by builders in the middle of a lockdown
    beeping horns at all hours of night and early morning
    mowing your lawn at 8am on a sunday
    their children constantly acting like everyone's little patch of grass at the front is theirs to play on
    constantly coming up to my living room windows to paw at and scare my cats
    why do their children need to scream everything? there's no need.
    everyone (apart from us, one other couple and a single lady) has at least 2 cars in their driveways. there's never enough room so they're always parking on the street. The bin lorry has, quite a few times now, been unable to get up the road because of these cars parked on the road.

I need to stop now or I'll properly blow up at them. I need to get back to my office asap or there'll be slaps thrown in this estate.

And..........breathe............................../rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Here's a fair old TA...waste management companies are reporting a 40% increase in food waste in the last fortnight. Its still ok to stockpile and panic buy though, as long as you don't send out harsh vibes or whatever tragic BS some folks tell themselves.
    I'm guessing that bolded line was directed at me? One that písses me off in life is food waste, I can't fúcking stand it. There will be a lot more people doing it here soon you're right but that's less to do with stockpiling than it is with idiots stockpiling imo. Plan things out and don't go rushing around shops like a maniac and you'll be grand and get what you need. Plenty of people won't waste food too. We're all idiots to some degree but keep a calm head and you'll manage. I've no problem "calling someone out" as kids these days say but not just to someone asking a question. I admit a TA of mine is snark. It annoys me because I see so little of it in real life but loads of it online, I often think people that make snarky comments regularly online do it because they don't have the nerve to do it in real life. That may seem like a dig at you but it wasn't.

Also another TA of mine, people that post rambly messages on threads, díckheads.

Guy Person wrote: »
    I'm guessing that bolded line was directed at me? One that písses me off in life is food waste, I can't fúcking stand it. There will be a lot more people doing it here soon you're right but that's less to do with stockpiling than it is with idiots stockpiling imo. Plan things out and don't go rushing around shops like a maniac and you'll be grand and get what you need. Plenty of people won't waste food too. We're all idiots to some degree but keep a calm head and you'll manage. I've no problem "calling someone out" as kids these days say but not just to someone asking a question. I admit a TA of mine is snark. It annoys me because I see so little of it in real life but loads of it online, I often think people that make snarky comments regularly online do it because they don't have the nerve to do it in real life. That may seem like a dig at you but it wasn't.

Also another TA of mine, people that post rambly messages on threads, díckheads.

Quite rambly alright! I'm slightly confused by the "someone asking a question" bit?

Can confirm you were nowhere near my thoughts when I posted that. It had zero to do with you. I would have no problem telling you if it was. I had just read an article and wanted to comment on it.

Any snarky comments I make are directed in the right places and are just as prevalent in reality. Believe me when I tell you I have no issue whatsoever with telling an idiot to f*ck off in real life too. I appreciate when others are just as direct.

Quite rambly alright! I'm slightly confused by the "someone asking a question" bit?
    Ah I thought it was a reference to my conversation with Leggy the other day. Confusion abounds.
    Can confirm you were nowhere near my thoughts when I posted that. It had zero to do with you. I would have no problem telling you if it was. I had just read an article and wanted to comment on it.
    I assumed I was always in your thoughts. :(
    Believe me when I tell you I have no issue whatsoever with telling an idiot to f*ck off in real life too. I appreciate when others are just as direct.
    I'm glad you have no problem with others being direct. I think you are an idiot. F*ck off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

The decline of impartiality in journalism has always been a TA of mine, too.

That has been in decline for many a year. Each network has their own agenda, which is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Guy, I can speak for myself, we disagreed on one point but there's no hard feelings.

And, not only can I speak for myself, I have no problem calling out people in real life. I'm direct, both here and in person, but that doesn't mean I'm narky and aggressive. I still stand by my point that everyone needs to keep themselves informed about what's happening and not look for others to explain or confirm clear facts.

At least you'll know where you stand with me.

TA I appear narky. :p

Ah I thought it was a reference to my conversation with Leggy the other day. Confusion abounds.

Nope, no idea what conversation you're talking about.
    I'm glad you have no problem with others being direct. I think you are an idiot. F*ck off. :)

That was so close to being direct! The smiley ruined it.

Guy, I can speak for myself, we disagreed on one point but there's no hard feelings.

And, not only can I speak for myself, I have no problem calling out people in real life. I'm direct, both here and in person, but that doesn't mean I'm narky and aggressive. I still stand by my point that everyone needs to keep themselves informed about what's happening and not look for others to explain or confirm clear facts.

Sometimes ya just have to tell it how it is.No matter how hard the truth is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That has been in decline for many a year. Each network has their own agenda, which is sad.
    It was very obvious in the last UK election, BBC news were pro conservatives/Boris, Channel 4 were pro Labour/Jeremy.

Ah I know Leggy, just a bit of confusion on my part is all. Again we mostly agree on just about everything and I do with Deebles to. No biggy. He much like yourself is a funny fooker. I'm still not entirely convinced yizz aren't the same person.

Ah I know Leggy, just a bit of confusion on my part is all. Again we mostly agree on just about everything and I do with Deebles to. No biggy. He much like yourself is a funny fooker. I'm still not entirely convinced yizz aren't the same person.

You're not the first to think that, Guy, get the mods to check!

I'm much funnier and clearly more intelligent though.

I'm still not entirely convinced yizz aren't the same person.

We both have fine, full beards now that the salons are closed. :eek::eek::eek:

It was very obvious in the last UK election, BBC news were pro conservatives/Boris, Channel 4 were pro Labour/Jeremy.

It's the same in the US. Fox is Trump's platform. But CNN is so full of false reporting. You don't know who to believe at this point. Which is sad really, I remember in the 60's and 70's,reporting was honest. Now it is all about ratings and like-mind thinking. The news agencies aren't much different than prostitutes.

• Advertisement

We both have fine, full beards now that the salons are closed. :eek::eek::eek:

Well, we are the same person. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement