Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Well this is what lax immigration policies has led to clearly far too many criminals have been allowed in we really should have gone down the Aussie route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dieselbug wrote: »
    They didn't say Japanese just Asian.

the post you responded to said Japanese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Maybe they shouldve just sent this lad to limerick?

Stupid ignorant comment if i knew how to report a post i would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    One is too many

Are we deporting and preventing any Poles entering the country?

How many stabbings the last week got their own thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Interesting and saddening, terrible for victim's family hopefully arrangements for them go smoothly.

If this is a terrorist attack, and as proper vetting of these war relief refugees is impossible, for the safety of the people here I wouldn't be against a total ban on refugees from these regions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

the post you responded to said Japanese

Edited ;)

Went for a spin, saw nothing in Seatown, Avenue Road is closed and there's two areas on the bypass sealed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Can we wait until we have concrete facts at least before losing the run of ourselves?

And let an opportunity to engage in some good old Muslim bashing go by? That's far too much to ask. If it comes to the fore that the travelling community were involved, it'll be like Christmas all over again for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

6541 wrote: »
    If some middle eastern bloke came within 5 meters of me I would politely ask him to stop his approach. If he did not cease at this point he better have a really big knife and know how to use it.

Because you'll batter/shoot/stab him for asking for the time/directions/spare change?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Talk about hysteria! There is as much in this comment as any other in this thread. If you said 'dont bother' or they take their time on a call out then maybe!

The gardai dont go into certain parts of Doolargy and Coxes! Fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Berserker wrote: »
    And let an opportunity to engage in some good old Muslim bashing go by? That's far too much to ask. If it comes to the fore that the travelling community were involved, it'll be like Christmas all over again for them.

whatabout whatabout whatabout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭baldbear

If some middle eastern bloke came within 5 meters of me I would politely ask him to stop his approach. If he did not cease at this point he better have a really big knife and know how to use it.

Even if you were in a kebab shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

baldbear wrote: »

He's ****ed if he ever goes to Birmingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Yeah alright, calm down Crocodile Dundee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

major bill wrote: »
    He's ****ed if he ever goes to Birmingham.
    Or a hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

The gardai dont go into certain parts of Doolargy and Coxes! Fact!

Oh well as you call 'fact' thats that then! Touché! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Man killed was only 24 :( suspect is 18.

That's from Newstalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Why do they say "Asian descent"? Was the guy Malaysian, Sinagporian or Chinese or something? It isn't descriptive enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why do they say "Asian descent"? Was the guy Malaysian, Sinagporian or Chinese or something? It isn't descriptive enough.

Japanese

hmmm wrote: »
    Or a hospital.

Or Dublin 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the murderer is 18 years old. sounds like the gardai got there quick, disarmed him and prevented an even bigger tragedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,414 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RTE news reporting the 2 other people attacked were Irish, both were hit with an iron bar, apparently route walked would take 10 minutes from initial attack to last victim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That's not racist at all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,900 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Japanese

Japanese Islamic Terrorist? Some say they do exist.

the murderer is 18 years old. sounds like the gardai got there quick, disarmed him and prevented an even bigger tragedy.

Fair play to the Gardai and RIP to the victim

baldbear wrote: »

Or a greek restaurant.

I can see his defense in court. "I put it to you M'Lud that the victim was brown and looked a bit rapey and therefore had it coming"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Anyone you thinks mass immigration isn't an issue at the moment is deluded. Because of most Western world government policies this is the future we face, very scary to think that our loved ones may be randomly killed while going about their days and it's only going to get worse.

Trump has the right idea on this, about time the rest of the western world followed his lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

kilburn wrote: »
    Stupid ignorant comment if i knew how to report a post i would.

Grow a pair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

No the victim was japanese

Klonker wrote: »
    Trump has the right idea on this, about time the rest of the western world followed his lead.
    Good grief.

Lets not jump straight to the neo-fascism bit without the mass Islamic killings bit first mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

2smiggy wrote: »
    I thought they are all well qualified doctors etc coming over from Syria ?

Your on the wrong thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Perpetrator is 18 :rolleyes:

He is more likely to be in his twenties.

Klonker wrote: »
    Anyone you thinks mass immigration isn't an issue at the moment is deluded. Because of most Western world government policies this is the future we face, very scary to think that our loved ones may be randomly killed while going about their days and it's only going to get worse.

May not be the case here, but an awful lot of these attacks are carried out by second generation immigrants, who were born in the country they attack.

It's radicalisation that needs to be tackled, and Trump is to radicalisation what Bloody Sunday was to the ra, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Maybe take a deep breath and actually read the thread or the news before posting?

May not be the case here, but an awful lot of these attacks are carried out by second generation immigrants, who were born in the country they attack.

It's radicalisation that needs to be tackled.

Radical Islam I think you mean.

P.S. you are now a racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Could be any other town in Ireland this morning. Thank God the schools were shut. Could have been a massacre.

it was only a matter of time before this happened.

But 2 or 3 people have been stabbed even in the last few days in incidents. 2 are dead already . What’s different about this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

we are lucky he didnt know how to drive a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

You would be wrecked within ten minutes if you ever came to Dublin. Best to stay away.

• Advertisement

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    One is too many

Were you upset at the Polish man stabbed by another? Did you start a thread or comment about that?
    Or an Irish man stabbed to death by his brother ? No? Why?
    Because they’re white?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Were you upset at the Polish man stabbed by another? Did you start a thread or comment about that?

Was there a Polish terrorist attack carried out this week?

I meant what I said.

Am I? Is there a welcome party? Should I make a speech?

It's mad, but expressing the opinion that radicalisation needs to be combatted has never led anyone to actually call me a racist, except on boards where people assure me some brigade or another will be along shortly to do so.

Was there a polish terrorist attack carried out this week?

Is this a terrorist attack??says who ? You?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

It's radicalisation that needs to be tackled, and Trump is to radicalisation what Bloody Sunday was to the ra, tbh.

proper laws and standing up to the liberals would solve that pretty quickly but EU governments dont have the balls to do it.

Is this a terrorist attack??says who ? You?

Not sure, but it looks possible.

The other stabbings were not terrorist attacks carried out on random members of the public.

• Advertisement

Maybe they shouldve just sent this lad to limerick?

Which lad ? The dead lad? You’re not making any sense Tom. Spit it out . What are you trying to say?

The opposite usually. If you take a look at terrorist attacks and try to figure how a normal young person ends up becoming a terrorist then you're a "terrorist apologist".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

we are lucky he didnt know how to drive a car

He saw the quote for the insurance on it and decided to walk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

But 2 or 3 people have been stabbed even in the last few days in incidents. 2 are dead already . What’s different about this one?

Dunno yet. The one in Cavan where a Polish guy died is thought to be over a card game.

The one in Limerick appears to have been an argument between brothers.

It'll take more than a couple of hours after the event to figure out why the stabbing in Dundalk occurred.
    The murderer in Dundalk may have been related to his victim and it's possible they might have been arguing over a card game. All that is highly unlikely though.
    We'll just have to wait and see.

Your life must be very difficult. I feel sorry for you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement