Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Ran the inaugural Knockanacree Woods parkrun today.
    Most accurate course description ever. Asked Marshall is it flat he replied. "The only thing flat around here is the accent"

Lovely run and great cafe afterwards. Worth a visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Klonker wrote: »
    I was wondering why I didn't get my results from today's run so went on to site to check. Turns out I picked up partners barcode :D

Could I get them to change it to mine of I give them my name? Don't want to have my partners PB messed up because of this. Plus it was a PB for me too so wouldn't long getting it added :D

I can't imagine there being a problem with editing your results. I had a problem that I hadn't noticed, seven of my volunteer roles hadn't been recorded. Luckily I also keep a paper log of my training, I simply asked nicely if there was any way the dates and vol roles be recorded and it was done that day.

Totally forgetting a barcode is another matter IMO, I would just take that one on the chin but your error was just a silly mix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Thanks for advice guys. Emailed and there was no problem switching result from the girlfriends to mine.

Yeah if I just forgot barcode I'd leave it, it's just that I didn't want to mess up girlfriends results. If she wanted to see her PB she'd have to ignore my time and go searching each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

New Irish Parkrun record today at St. Anne's. 14:44!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

KJ wrote: »

Beat Mick Clohissey's record by 2 seconds.
    I never heard of the guy before - Garry Campbell.

I am surprised that more top Irish athletes don't run parkrun given the profile and potential sponsorship it could give them.

Great to see Lizzie Lee breaking the women's record in Westport a few weeks back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Mick Clohisey himself had said a while back on Newstalk that he was surprised his record had remained for so long.

Great to hear of all these new records - I'm nowhere near those times myself but it's still encouraging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Wottle

Beat Mick Clohissey's record by 2 seconds.
    I never heard of the guy before - Garry Campbell.

I am surprised that more top Irish athletes don't run parkrun given the profile and potential sponsorship it could give them.

Great to see Lizzie Lee breaking the women's record in Westport a few weeks back.
    A junior from Dunleer, think he might be with DTC now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I was the 31 minute pacer and he cruised past me on the first lap going down the avenue... I encouraged him to go for it, he could do 30 min easily... DOH! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I was marshaling at the all weather and was thinking he was moving alright. It was barely passed 9.40 when he passed me a second time and was a good bit ahead of anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

annapr wrote: »
    I was the 31 minute pacer and he cruised past me on the first lap going down the avenue... I encouraged him to go for it, he could do 30 min easily... DOH! :P

So really, when you think about it, you have to take a large portion of the credit for his record. Probably gave him encouragement just when he needed it :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

Are Intersport no longer a sponsor of parkrun in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Are Intersport no longer a sponsor of parkrun in Ireland?

No, the link up with intersport ended in the Uk and Ireland a few months ago

Paying a first visit to Poppintree parkrun today.

I usually dislike the first time I visit a new (to me) parkrun so I always promise myself I'll do it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

Ran the Griffeen parkrun today for the 1st time since 2013 - it was very well run and had a large turnout of 200+.
    It's a nice flat course; I somehow managed to finish in just over 21 mins - slower than my 2013 times but I'm happy with it given my now advanced age!
    Would recommend it as a nice course with lots of friendly runners!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

New course record in Castletown this morning - 15:59.

Editted to add; not by me I assure you!! I came in 5 1/2 minutes later!

Back from my visit to Poppintree parkrun, and I'm very pleasantly surprised at the park!.

I grew up in Ballymun and don't get over as often as I should, that and its been over 20 years since I've been in that park.. Its beautiful!, well worth a visit.

The course is a flat 2 1/2 lap run, the last 150 meters you're running around the park pond with its huge fountain and getting cheered on by a wonderful crowed. Super stuff, I'll be back to Poppintree for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Donabate did the parkrun in reverse today. Seemed a bit easier this way.

Seen a girl take a massive short cut ( for some strange reason ) and seen her at the end scanning. Say she ran 4.4k ( If she only took one shortcut) Really dont get it.

Donabate did the parkrun in reverse today. Seemed a bit easier this way.

Seen a girl take a massive short cut ( for some strange reason ) and seen her at the end scanning. Say she ran 4.4k ( If she only took one shortcut) Really dont get it.

Seen it, rarely but I've seen it.

I guess we could all make a mistake but some are so blatant that it couldn't be anything other than a deliberate short cut.

But why bother, you'll never get to break your PB again (unless you find an even better short cut next time).

I'd hate to have made a mistake without realizing, then got scanned in. Without a doubt I'd be emailing the RD to have my name scrubbed from the results.

Seen it, rarely but I've seen it.

I guess we could all make a mistake but some are so blatant that it couldn't be anything other than a deliberate short cut.

But why bother, you'll never get to break your PB again (unless you find an even better short cut next time).

I'd hate to have made a mistake without realizing, then got scanned in. Without a doubt I'd be emailing the RD to have my name scrubbed from the results.

There was no mistake. At first I thought she was just on a run and not taking part in parkrun but when I seen her handing in her barcode at the end I was mortified for her.
    Each to their own. 1st time I’ve seen it.
    Seen 2 lads making a mistake cos it was the other way around to normal they just went the wrong way. Realized what they did and came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Cheating at parkrun is pathetically sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Lazare wrote: »

Is that possible? it's hardly a race.

First time running Father Collins parkrun I went to the other extreme, I took a wrong turn following runners who weren't parkrun running and ran a 5.95km parkrun lol

It’s a 5k run. You need to do 5k to get a time or it’s cheating.

It’s a 5k run. You need to do 5k to get a time or it’s cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

I've seen people doing this in Marlay before near the concert field. They take a left near the 3k marker and skip about 300m of the course. I've also seen them scanning at the end. It's really silly.

cazzer22 wrote: »
    I've seen people doing this in Marlay before near the concert field. They take a left near the 3k marker and skip about 300m of the course. I've also seen them scanning at the end. It's really silly.

Maybe their parkrun numbers ran is more important than an honest parkrun time.

Either way its sad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wouldn't let it bother you lads. It is not a race and they are only fooling themselves. Leave em at it.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Wouldn't let it bother you lads. It is not a race and they are only fooling themselves. Leave em at it.

I doubt anyone is bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

I have seen it a few times mostly cutting corners. Few people not doing the both laps but generally this is an honest mistake bar the below story

I remember one girl used to run 1 lap stand around until her normal finishing time then cross the finish line and get a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Sonia O'Sullivan made an appearance at the junior parkrun in Tralee yesterday. She very good with her time to first present some wristband awards, then run with the kids and also handed our finisher tokens then at the end after she was done with the 2K. I think almost every single one of the 125 kids there probably got a picture taken with her after the run. Only had a quick word with her and was in a few groups pics with kids from my club and the parkrun volunteers on the day. Her first time in Tralee she said, hopefully she comes back again at some stage to run on a Saturday.
    Class act.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement