Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

durkadurka wrote: »
    Does anyone have any thoughts on what the fastest parkrun course in Dublin might be?

I’m a regular at Marlay and the first km always kills my time with the hill. I was going to try to find a very flat course and really go for a PB.

Any thoughts?
    Canal

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

At the moment I’m doing 1 home and 1 away parkrun every 2nd week. Have all of North Dublin done and a few elsewhere.
    Does any one have a list of the Dublin parkruns so can cross them off my list to complete Dublin.

Will do Leinster after that.

Parkrun.ie lists all the races

vargoo wrote: »
    Canal

Canal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you enter your runner I'd number into the settings for the Tourist Tool then you can also tell it to only show you you nearest 10 events that you haven't run at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Shanganagh is dead flat. Relatively quiet so unlikely to be dragged along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Kids did a junior yesterday and the results not up yet, possible malfunction and won’t go up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Kids did a junior yesterday and the results not up yet, possible malfunction and won’t go up?

Email the team and ask them. Which parkrun?

Little boy got a pb by 50 seconds in St Annes yesterday morning. It was his birthday aswell so more reason to celebrate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Email the team and ask them. Which parkrun?

I'd check the events Facebook page first before clogging up the email inbox. Only time I've emailed in regarding later than usual results is when I knew there was some errors in the processing so had emailed in my families Garmin times which they then used to try to figure out where a problem was, and that was after they had asked for this on Facebook/ Twitter.

I've done all but 2 parkruns in Dublin and a good few others around and in my opinion St. Anne's is the fastest. I feel it's the flattest and it doesn't have a huge amount of sharp turns. The finishing straight is super also.

Malahide is good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jackmgb

Below is a website which lists parkruns by their elevation.

https://jegmar.com/stats-hq/fastest-races/parkrun-ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

jackmgb wrote: »

Nice link,

Iv run Fr Colling a few times and it pancake flat, Cant imagine what Mullingar must be like :) (Flatter obviously)...

Or at the other extreme Whinlatter Forest (lake District) in the UK, 674 Feet in 3.1 miles, Nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Mullingar is along the canal, so no hills at all. Its an out and back course, (crossing the canal at in or around half way), so is very straight too.

Ah I forgot about Mullingar. Very quick and only one real turn iirc. Straight down the canal and straight back on the road beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Bravestaar wrote: »
    I've done all but 2 parkruns in Dublin and a good few others around and in my opinion St. Anne's is the fastest. I feel it's the flattest and it doesn't have a huge amount of sharp turns. The finishing straight is super also.

Malahide is good also.

Corkagh is mostly flat too... a bit of a sneaky drag but not bad. and it's a lovely park.

St. Anne's is fast, but if you're going for a time beware of extreme congestion for the first km. But you can't beat the avenue for a strong finish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Prodigy singer Keith Flint who passed away yesterday, got a pb in parkrun on Saturday. Fast enough guy. He was on the Chelmsford Central parkrun page after Saturdays run.
    RIP.

Massive parkrun. 14 people with 250 runs or more.

Regulars here will love that one of the guys with 256 runs has never volunteered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Prodigy singer Keith Flint who passed away yesterday, got a pb in parkrun on Saturday. Fast enough guy. He was on the Chelmsford Central parkrun page after Saturdays run.
    RIP.
    Seen that on facebook last night. I think it was his third run, he had only started parkrun last month. He was getting fairly good times. RIP

Reported as suicide :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,886 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

glad to see cabinteely is one of the highest elevations and i wasnt just imagining it! that said my local 10k run is worse so it helps me, im not the quickest but i take em on the hill at the finish :P

When the story came out about him having been a parkrunner it somehow made it feel more real. They then became someone doing something normal that I do with my kid, and not just the crazy looking bloke with green hair who shouted on stage a bit. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Seen that on facebook last night. I think it was his third run, he had only started parkrun last month. He was getting fairly good times. RIP

Had a look at the Chelmsford results from Saturday and there he is

474694.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I was surprised to see 6 flatter than Tramore seeing as its right by the beach, i guess the few dips around 2 laps of the old dump make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

It's official. I am on the list - a Novice volunteer tomorrow, looking forward :)

juke wrote: »
    It's official. I am on the list - a Novice volunteer tomorrow, looking forward :)

I'd rather throw a fiver in a pot than volunteer!

Ah no, I've only been a couple of times and the weather has been so sh1t I've haven't hung around to really look at the running of it or meet anyone, I'd like to volunteer at some stage but it scares me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ah no, I've only been a couple of times and the weather has been so sh1t I've haven't hung around to really look at the running of it or meet anyone, I'd like to volunteer at some stage but it scares me!!

There is nothing to be scared about vargoo. Everything is straight-forward & easy to do.

There is always great banter between the volunteer crew. The majority of the volunteers will be old hands at the tasks so will be on hand to help & will show you what to do before anyone finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Running is fun but volunteering brings another level to it! You’ll never regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Celebrating 4 Years and 200 Runs tomorrow in Lees Road. All welcome there will be cake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I'm just happy the forecast is dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I have done most roles ****ed up the watches pressed a instead of B, scanned the barcodes in arse ways sent runners the wrong direction. It doesnt matter once everyone gets home in one piece and feels better about themselves afterwards is all that counts. All other rummer complaints about how you performed your duty must be put in writing to the Event Director where a full refund of entry fee will be granted

• Advertisement

ger664 wrote: »
    I have done most roles ****ed up the watches pressed a instead of B, scanned the barcodes in arse ways sent runners the wrong direction. It doesnt matter once everyone gets home in one piece and feels better about themselves afterwards is all that counts. All other rummer complaints about how you performed your duty must be put in writing to the Event Director where a full refund of entry fee will be granted

hahaha, yup, this is what scares me. How did you send people the wrong way??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement