Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Smoke alarm went off last night at 12:05.

There was no fire, no smell of smoke. The only think I could smell was cat poop.
    Did the smell of my cats poop set off the smoke alarm??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah, poltergeists having a fag.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    Nah, poltergeists having a fag.

They probably had ghost sex on the kitchen table and were enjoying their ghost post coital ghost fag.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They probably had ghost sex on the kitchen table and were enjoying their ghost post coital ghost fag.

Well, either that, or aliens, sssooooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I had a nightmare that I was kicked out of home and uninvited to my sister's wedding. Well it was because I was acting like a total shyte to be fair, then I went off to McDonald's (which had a dentist practice inside) and then I went to the pub to get drunk and found myself in a transvestite bar. I have the weirdest dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

My Hue bulb in the bedroom seems to in a different time zone, or it thinks Dublin is anyway.

Have it set to come on at 6 with my alarm, instead it comes on at 4...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was moaning the other day about Vikings not being on RTE Player. I downloaded the updated app to my phone and it is on there. Yipee I thought. I decided to watch one of the two episodes I missed last week and got as far as the first ad break. Oh my sweet Jesus I'm about to fcuk my phone down the garden /bang my head off a wall. Despite having full WiFi coverage the screen went blank for ages. Then the programme went back to the beginning. I had to confirm once again I was over 18. I got it back to where I was, had to watch the ads FFS and then started to watch part 2. I got a text so I paused it to answer that, went back into it again and yep it had gone blank and then back to the beginning yet again and now won't load again at all. Stupid a$$hole baxtard app :(

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Space Dog

People breathing into their microphones during conference calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I hope you wiped the table this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Still haven’t gotten my deposit back from the flat in Leeds, even though I moved out about 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,916 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm having one of those horrible mornings where I'm genuinely struggling to keep my eyes open. It's going to be a very long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People who stand in the middle of the aisle of the supermarket with their trolley and block up the whole place. :mad:

Cold toes.

Left my bottle of water at home

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When all the shops you need to go to are in a straight line one after the other more less and then half way you realize you forgot to go to one so have to trek back all the way up *cross*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I was moaning the other day about Vikings not being on RTE Player. I downloaded the updated app to my phone and it is on there. Yipee I thought. I decided to watch one of the two episodes I missed last week and got as far as the first ad break. Oh my sweet Jesus I'm about to fcuk my phone down the garden /bang my head off a wall. Despite having full WiFi coverage the screen went blank for ages. Then the programme went back to the beginning. I had to confirm once again I was over 18. I got it back to where I was, had to watch the ads FFS and then started to watch part 2. I got a text so I paused it to answer that, went back into it again and yep it had gone blank and then back to the beginning yet again and now won't load again at all. Stupid a$$hole baxtard app :(

Rte player is pile of steaming poo anyway, even on the site, those fecking ads *cross face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Freaking hell! the price of instant hot chocolate drinks in large tubs/jars!

Going from 5.99-7.05e in localish shops. One new craving that's being ignored stat.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

These foooherking absolute douche bags who start every sentence with ‘So’

Just heard a dude Vincent Lambe I think on Drivetime doing this.

Could hardly contain myself from wrecking the radio.

Why!

Why!

Where did this crud spring from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Visiting someone and they make you tea but don’t crack open the biscuits. Thanks and all but to me tea is a mere accompaniment to something sweet

Visiting someone and they make you tea but don’t crack open the biscuits. Thanks and all but to me tea is a mere accompaniment to something sweet

I can give you something sweet to go with your tea ;)

TA'd that people don't like it when you say "So" at the start of a sentence. I do it all the time without thinking, I think it's a Cork thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I can give you something sweet to go with your tea ;)

TA'd that people don't like it when you say "So" at the start of a sentence. I do it all the time without thinking, I think it's a Cork thing.

All my time in Cork and I say it too :D Fine breed of Man there aswell ;) I'm looking at you Seph ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »
    All my time in Cork and I say it too :D Fine breed of Man there aswell ;) I'm looking at you Seph ;)

So Ted has been kicked to the kerb then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cannot warm up tonight at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    So Ted has been kicked to the kerb then

Not at all Ted, I could never do such a thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

She wants a triple entendre... ;):p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

She wants a triple entendre... ;):p:D

She must have a big appetite.

TA that I do & I ate too much earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My brain is sore.
    Throat is sore.
    Starting to get muscle aches...eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

“Life coaches”. Ugh please keep your nonsense waffle to yourself and leave the rest of us alone

+100!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    OMFG an hour and a half I was out before I called the girl to see wtf was going on. She said 'Oh I couldn't connect to your PC so I'll have to call over in person to do it. I sent you an email to tell you that you could go back in'.

An email. To my work email account. On the PC. Which you have taken over. So I have no access to. The stupidity is mind boggling. :mad:

Left my mobile phone in to be fixed today. When I picked it up, there were two messages on it informing me that it was ready to be picked up!! :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Was gonna start a new book tonight but cat is sitting on it and I don’t want to disturb him :(

• Advertisement

People leaving on their full headlights when you meet them while driving. It'd blind you looking at them full lights :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Bredabe wrote: »
    Freaking hell! the price of instant hot chocolate drinks in large tubs/jars!

Going from 5.99-7.05e in localish shops. One new craving that's being ignored stat.

Try Bournville cocoa, it's in the baking aisle in Aldi. Just cocoa, no added sugar.

RMAOK wrote: »
    People leaving on their full headlights when you meet them while driving. It'd blind you looking at them full lights :mad::mad:

This! It’s happened to me so many times recently and I kept forgetting to post it.

Another TA, when you think of something you want to post and then forget later.

Couldn't sleep until gone 2am. Woke up before 6. So tired. Can't sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

EDIT: OOPs wrong thread - TA asleep still

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Being asked, "night shift?" No I spent the night here just for fun.

Waking way too early and lying there unable to doze off, then going back into a lovely sleep when it is time to get up.

I really like the moisturiser I am using at the moment. It is in a tube with a pump dispenser. Ever since I bought it the pump has acted up, sometimes nothing comes out for ages despite pumping furiously (Ooh Matron :)). The odd time it works fine. As it is coming near the end I cut the tube so as not to waste it. TA I don't know whether this is a one off with this tube and to chance buying it again or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I really like the moisturiser I am using at the moment. It is in a tube with a pump dispenser. Ever since I bought it the pump has acted up, sometimes nothing comes out for ages despite pumping furiously (Ooh Matron :)). The odd time it works fine. As it is coming near the end I cut the tube so as not to waste it. TA I don't know whether this is a one off with this tube and to chance buying it again or not.

If you really like it you should buy it again. If the pump is the same you can just decant the moisturiser into a different bottle. Boots have clear squeezy bottles you can put it in instead.

My skincare TA is that the only thing that seems to keep my skin even kinda clear is Dermalogica which costs a bloody fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I had a nightmare that I was kicked out of home and uninvited to my sister's wedding. Well it was because I was acting like a total shyte to be fair, then I went off to McDonald's (which had a dentist practice inside) and then I went to the pub to get drunk and found myself in a transvestite bar. I have the weirdest dreams.

Just an average Saturday night for you:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I had to invest in yellow lensed glasses for driving. They help somewhat.

There is a big tacky house on my way to work, lit up in front by an enormous industrial floodlight. As I drive around the bend the floodlight seems to be directed into the road as well and it dazzles me. Cue daily fantasies about popping it with an air rifle.

That's just......ya I have no words *shakes head* :3

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    If you really like it you should buy it again. If the pump is the same you can just decant the moisturiser into a different bottle. Boots have clear squeezy bottles you can put it in instead.

My skincare TA is that the only thing that seems to keep my skin even kinda clear is Dermalogica which costs a bloody fortune.

Thank you, great idea!! TA I didn't think of that :)

I need to start leaving my wallet at home again. My brain is in "Go out for lunch!" mode for the third day this week, despite the fact that I have a perfectly delicious lunch in the fridge.

People not washing their hands after using the public toilet and then using the door handle on the way out. :mad:

People not washing their hands after using the public toilet and then using the door handle on the way out. :mad:

This is why I go to great lengths not to touch the handles on public bathroom doors if at all possible.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    This is why I go to great lengths not to touch the handles on public bathroom doors if at all possible.

I'd be the same myself - you'd want to wear a pair of gloves when exiting the bathroom. It's a ****ing minefield tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Dial Hard wrote: »

Not always possible though, unfortunately.

It just baffles me how anyone can use a public toilet and not wash their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Why is Mary, Queen of Scots being shown in super high def? Surely you're better off having a film with special effects in there, rather than some drama that won't benefit from the technology at all? I'd love to know the numbers; do more people actually pay the extra to see the film in super high def? Do they have to because all the late showings are only at the higher price?

I have to say that 'impromptu' musical performances bother me. I just want to chill on a plane :(

https://www.rte.ie/gaeilge/2019/0123/1024949-seisiun-beo-san-aer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I'd a set of for Rally Giants on a yoke a few years back and there would be so much light coming across the bend in front of them that most of the time they'd dip, thinking you were in a huge yoke :D
    Most of the time. But it's gone to the absolute dogs altogether now. And worse still are the failed abortion wastes of ****ing resources that go full beam just before ye pass ohhhhh the things I wish upon those people....

I'm seriously considering putting up a high powered halogen, no, no actuall an LED floodlight,as the light will be instant, aiming it off the side of the van and rigging it to some light detecting contraption that detects the transition from dip to head quicker than I can react myself so they get the retina roasting they truly deserve.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement