Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I don't know why all the brands can't have those caps with the little flip top on them. They're probably all made in the same factory.

Makes no difference though. My son never, ever puts the little flip top cap back on, despite my constant nagging. (I've posted about this several times in this thread already!)

I know I'm being petty, and generally I don't care about such trivial things, but for some strange reason, non-adherence to toothpaste etiquette really winds me up. Other examples of this include: DON'T squeeze from the middle of the tube and DO clean up spilled chunks of toothpaste from the sink, for God's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The early signs of a cold. Splutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to register with Littlewoods to buy something for my mam and they basically want to know your life history. Such intrusive questions like do ye want me first born as well. After googling reviews I think I’ll avoid.
    Thats the credit application process, if you call with a cr no or post in an order with payment, it will be much smoother.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Specifically on BOARDS

Particularly In AH AND Consumer Issues (that's what I use myself) posing question to start a thread. They get an answer, and often one they don't like. Then the OP asks "But whats......." or "Could you explain it just a bit further": The OP wants to be "Taken by the hand"/ Given a step-by-step tutorial on how to resolve their issue. Sometimes a re-reg but could also be a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The cost of postage on ebay sometimes...

There's a little pin badge that I'd like (in Germany) costs €4.99, enough for what it is.
    But they want €4 for standard postage, seems a lot for a small envelope that weighs almost nothing.

I think I'll survive without it.

Looking at pipettes on amazon.de as I cant get eyedroppers where I am. A dozen disposable pips at 0.99c, postage is 25.99!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Specifically on BOARDS

Particularly In AH AND Consumer Issues (that's what I use myself) posing question to start a thread. They get an answer, and often one they don't like. Then the OP asks "But whats......." or "Could you explain it just a bit further": The OP wants to be "Taken by the hand"/ Given a step-by-step tutorial on how to resolve their issue. Sometimes a re-reg but could also be a noob.
    Could you elaborate a bit on that please? :D

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Could you elaborate a bit on that please? :D

i'll pass on that one. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Meant to leave work at 4:30 but still here and no overtime pay. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Anything thats easily opened or resealable.Its neither.You need a hacksaw just to open a packet of ham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I went into the kitchen for the keys of my car, next thing I'm at the front door with the laptop charger in my hand......wtf :o

Woo hoo! Thank God I'm not the only one. The other day I went to get my car keys and went out to the door with a tub of Flahavans porridge under my arm:)

TA I can't seem to fill my belly, am like a hobbit having two breakfasts most days. Or is that a two course breakfast? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

dubstarr wrote: »
    Anything thats easily opened or resealable.Its neither.You need a hacksaw just to open a packet of ham

Posters that don't leave a space after a full stop or comma. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I'm cold

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The battery in the kitchen clock must be going as it's running slow, every time I glance it annoys me. It's an oddball size nowadays, C type, so it's not one you'd have lying around.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The battery in the kitchen clock must be going as it's running slow, every time I glance it annoys me. It's an oddball size nowadays, C type, so it's not one you'd have lying around.

This reminds me of a TA I have. TA’d that every clock in the house is a different time, no matter how many times you fix them

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've had a dry ticklish throat for the last day or so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    This reminds me of a TA I have. TA’d that every clock in the house is a different time, no matter how many times you fix them

Stuck in a time warp by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Solpediene has the exact same ingredients as Feminax . PAracetemol , Codiene and Caffeine in the same amounts

Ps / Feminax express or ultra is ibuprofen

Except she'll be treated like a criminal trying to buy Solpediene.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ice on the roads :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This is really stupid but we took the cat for a checkup to the vets last night. It was a different vet to the usual lady we see and he was just really rough with our poor kitty. So while I don't think he was hurting her (he was being professional at all times) she was very obviously terrified and it was just a bit heart wrenching to see her so timid and scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Except she'll be treated like a criminal trying to buy Solpediene.

Buy Maxilief, same as Solpadeine but cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Smoke alarm went off last night at 12:05.

There was no fire, no smell of smoke. The only think I could smell was cat poop.
    Did the smell of my cats poop set off the smoke alarm??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah, poltergeists having a fag.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    Nah, poltergeists having a fag.

They probably had ghost sex on the kitchen table and were enjoying their ghost post coital ghost fag.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They probably had ghost sex on the kitchen table and were enjoying their ghost post coital ghost fag.

Well, either that, or aliens, sssooooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I had a nightmare that I was kicked out of home and uninvited to my sister's wedding. Well it was because I was acting like a total shyte to be fair, then I went off to McDonald's (which had a dentist practice inside) and then I went to the pub to get drunk and found myself in a transvestite bar. I have the weirdest dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

My Hue bulb in the bedroom seems to in a different time zone, or it thinks Dublin is anyway.

Have it set to come on at 6 with my alarm, instead it comes on at 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was moaning the other day about Vikings not being on RTE Player. I downloaded the updated app to my phone and it is on there. Yipee I thought. I decided to watch one of the two episodes I missed last week and got as far as the first ad break. Oh my sweet Jesus I'm about to fcuk my phone down the garden /bang my head off a wall. Despite having full WiFi coverage the screen went blank for ages. Then the programme went back to the beginning. I had to confirm once again I was over 18. I got it back to where I was, had to watch the ads FFS and then started to watch part 2. I got a text so I paused it to answer that, went back into it again and yep it had gone blank and then back to the beginning yet again and now won't load again at all. Stupid a$$hole baxtard app :(

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

People breathing into their microphones during conference calls

• Registered Users Posts: 40,235 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I hope you wiped the table this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Still haven’t gotten my deposit back from the flat in Leeds, even though I moved out about 3 weeks ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement