Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭heretothere

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Stix and Stones is basically the only one left in the City and that's one of those wanky ones that let you/make you cook your own feckin steak on the stone. :mad::mad::mad:

€35 for a steak please, oh and cook it yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

€35 for a steak please, oh and cook it yourself!

Last time I was in there the waitress was HORRIFIED when I demanded that they cook the steak for me. 'Oh but we recommend that you cook it yourself on the stone as it's more flavoursome'. That's great love, so why don't you get your chefs to cook it on the stone on my behalf then? :rolleyes: Why would I cook my own steak in a restaurant? What do the chefs do then? FS!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My wireless earphones beep loudly approximately every 10 seconds when there is 1 hour of battery left.
    The song pauses, long beep, song resumes.
    The battery would last a hell of a lot longer if it wasn't for this incessant beeping draining it.
    Its infuriating, they're basically no more good as soon as it starts. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Have pity for any customer serving staff. Was in the queue for coffee, auld codger comes up to complain about a ham/cheese toastie.

"I can't eat this, it has processed meat. I have had a transplant", manager tried to PC-ly ask "why the fcuk did you order it then."

Surely if you have any dietary issues, you ask before you start to eat something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Stix and Stones is basically the only one left in the City and that's one of those wanky ones that let you/make you cook your own feckin steak on the stone. :mad::mad::mad:

This is a thing? What a load of hipstery toss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Spotify butting in with 'seasonal' ads when I'm attempting to blot out Christmas altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

mikemac2 wrote: »
    When a TV show goes downhill

Was binge watching a show that lasts 4 seasons. Season 1, 2 & 3 amazing!

Season 4 utter muck. I wonder did all the writers let success go to their head and they got sacked for abusing cocaine (happened Aaron Sorkin!)

This is a different show anyway. It's so bad I've watched 38 episodes and I'm just struggling to get through 39 & 40 to wrap up

Should have killed it while it was going good

Which show was it?

I suffered the same fate with Walking Dead. I loved the first two series and it slowly went downhill after that. Managed to force myself to watch seasons 4 and 5, hoping against hope that it would somehow get back to the earlier high standard, but it continued to get worse. Even the actors started to look as though they couldn't give a toss.

Finally gave up mid-way through season 6. I felt cheated that I'd invested so much time into this show.

In your position I'd definitely force myself to watch the last two episodes though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Which show was it?

I suffered the same fate with Walking Dead. I loved the first two series and it slowly went downhill after that. Managed to force myself to watch seasons 4 and 5, hoping against hope that it would somehow get back to the earlier high standard, but it continued to get worse. Even the actors started to look as though they couldn't give a toss.

Finally gave up mid-way through season 6. I felt cheated that I'd invested so much time into this show.

In your position I'd definitely force myself to watch the last two episodes though.

Ditto, i had to drop it, but persisted way longer than I should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Which show was it?

I had to drop that too, couldn’t stick it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People hitting "Reply All" to emails to the entire company from Reception trying to track down a missing delivery. "Not here". "Haven't seen it." "Oh I think that might be in my office". Just reply to Reception, FFS!

It happens ALL the time. Engage your brains for two seconds before you reply, for the love of God. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

TV shows that run 3 or more stories concurrently,
    Story A; intro,
    Story B; intro,
    Story C; intro,
    Story A; recap intro, then add a few new mins .
    Same for B and C.
    Story A; recap intro and story so far and add a few more new mins.
    Same for B and C.
    keep repeating last 2 until I get p1ssed off and switch

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Last time I was in there the waitress was HORRIFIED when I demanded that they cook the steak for me. 'Oh but we recommend that you cook it yourself on the stone as it's more flavoursome'. That's great love, so why don't you get your chefs to cook it on the stone on my behalf then? :rolleyes: Why would I cook my own steak in a restaurant? What do the chefs do then? FS!

Next weeks special treat there is: B&CYOS

Annoyed that when you are almost off for a couple of weeks, every single hour till you finally can get out of work seems to last 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Bored home and have a headache

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

History programmes where the narration is all in the present tense.

"The conspirators need to make sure Caesar comes to the Senate."

They do? I thought they'd already killed home over 2000 years ago.

When you’re in the middle of doing work and your laptop decides it needs to install updates and restart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

storker wrote: »

Oh Gods, now that you've mentioned it, I will never be able to watch these programmes without thinking about how trivially annoying it is :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

storker wrote: »

Yup, kind of like its a voiceover for MasterChef :mad: ( & gawd knows that is bad enough )

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

My thoughts exactly ! TA that this restaurant wants you to cook your own food.
    I go to a restaurant to have a chef cook FOR me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    When you’re in the middle of doing work and your laptop decides it needs to install updates and restart
    Windows & single user ? If so there might be an option in win update to 'check for updates but do not download' ( or something like that ).

You can then go into win update at your leisure to do update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Coffee size Sephy, pfft, where did your mind go? :p

My TA is that it’s morning already. Me sleepy :(

TA that I read this as "TA that it's Monday morning already" and had to check what day it was haha! Me sleepy too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    TA that I read this as "TA that it's Monday morning already" and had to check what day it was haha! Me sleepy too!

My sincere apologies, Monday mornings are indeed a pain :(

My current annoyance is that I can’t seem to get warm, I’m tempted to make a hot water bottle and carry it around with me :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at Filling out forms, we need x y z, by tomorrow, more appointments, For the love of Jazz!

My sincere apologies, Monday mornings are indeed a pain :(

My current annoyance is that I can’t seem to get warm, I’m tempted to make a hot water bottle and carry it around with me :eek:

Just make yourself a hot cup of barry's tae, Sorted!

And sure you may as well make us all a cup as you're at it :3 :pac:

0lddog wrote: »
    Windows & single user ? If so there might be an option in win update to 'check for updates but do not download' ( or something like that ).

You can then go into win update at your leisure to do update.

I didn’t know that, next time it happens I’ll look around for that option. Thank you! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My wireless earphones beep loudly approximately every 10 seconds when there is 1 hour of battery left.
    The song pauses, long beep, song resumes.
    The battery would last a hell of a lot longer if it wasn't for this incessant beeping draining it.
    Its infuriating, they're basically no more good as soon as it starts. :mad:

Like the smoke alarm low battery beep. And it usually starts at 3AM.
    :mad:
    I’m tempted to make a hot water bottle and carry it around with me :eek:

No shame in that! :)

My TA - tradesmen who don't turn up when they said they would.

Just make yourself a hot cup of barry's tae, Sorted!

And sure you may as well make us all a cup as you're at it :3 :pac:

Only because you asked so nicely :p:D

I’m still cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Almost got run over AGAIN today by another stupid c0ck-eyed driver. A car stopped at a crossing to let me pass and when I was in the middle of the crossing a red car driven by a woman with glasses came speeding through. Thankfully I had a feeling she wasn't going to stop so I stopped in the middle of the crossing at the last second. The person in the car that had actually stopped beeped their horn madly at her but the b1tch just stared straight ahead and pretended not to notice.

This is the umpteenth time this has happened at this particular crossing, I'm not going to use it anymore. Contacting the council to set up a camera there would probably be fruitless but I'm tempted. I'm raging I didn't note the licence plate number of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I always assume people won't stop at crossings.

I can’t find any envelopes, I could have sworn I bought a packet of white envelopes but they seem to have disappeared now I actually need one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Freezing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I always assume people won't stop at crossings.

Me too,its a pain when you are crossing at the green man and some sap flies through it.Like it doesnt apply to them:mad::mad:

On another note,cyclists who dont know whether they are cycling or walking.Trying to cross at the lights to day.Your one cycles up[its a narrow island]gets off/Green man comes up and off she cycles.She took up the whole space

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement