Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

We should call the reseal label on them "Fake News".

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was replacing a light bulb in the car park outside halfords today and people gathered around me to watch like I was some sort of free circus act.
    No, I do not need the teenager in the shop to come out and do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That new Westshíte song. "Without a belly or a temper, perfect teeth and hair where its meant to". My god, who writes this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was replacing a light bulb in the car park outside halfords today and people gathered around me to watch like I was some sort of free circus act.

The humiliation of paying however much they charge for a 60 second job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That new Westshíte song. "Without a belly or a temper, perfect teeth and hair where its meant to". My god, who writes this stuff?

I think Ed Sheehan did. Although that was probably a rhetorical question :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’ve Gavin James “coming home” stuck in my head the last few days. It would be great if I knew the other words of the song apart from “coming hooooome” over and over and over in a variety of tones that would rival a bag of cats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That reminds me of my lifelong TA...I love music but am tone deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I think I have contracted Duvet's homicidal rage.

Go to hang up some washing, turn on light & bulb blows. Grand, have a stash of spare bulbs. Grab the first one & put it in. Turn on light & a candle would be brighter than it. Had to get a different one.

Set up clothes horse & it falls over.

Halfway through hanging clothes on it, the ones I put on first decide to slide right off.

And to top it off, the mug of tea I made at the start of this debacle has gone cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

The wannabe toxic masculinity on boards- sure lads Rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Boom_Bap wrote: »

They just wanted to watch you bend over :D

• Advertisement

DWTS - Ireland - so much cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I didn't think I was asking for much when I went into town today looking for cushion covers. All I could find anywhere were cushions in covers. I don't need any more fcuking cushions, sob :(

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I didn't think I was asking for much when I went into town today looking for cushion covers. All I could find anywhere were cushions in covers. I don't need any more fcuking cushions, sob :(

Hickeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Harry Cory have loads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Seeing people do their thing in a toilet and just walk the fuk out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Think there might be a Hickeys in Waterford as far as I can remember, don't think is a Harry Cory's. Thanks for the suggestions :). Penneys used to do cheap and cheerful cushion covers but not lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

lbc2019 wrote: »
    DWTS - Ireland - so much cringe

And yet so popular :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Think there might be a Hickeys in Waterford as far as I can remember, don't think is a Harry Cory's. Thanks for the suggestions :). Penneys used to do cheap and cheerful cushion covers but not lately.

They are online if that helps .

https://www.harrycorry.com/cushions/cushion-covers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

“Life coaches”. Ugh please keep your nonsense waffle to yourself and leave the rest of us alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Driving on the motorway and in my mirror, I see a car behind me, a long way back, and it’s in the overtaking lane, overtaking nothing at all. Getting annoyed as I watch it slowly gain on me. It could take a few minutes before it gets past. I’ve a knot in my stomach even typing this. And it stays in the overtaking lane, dum dee dum. I’m there, willing another faster driver to come along and bully this driver into the driving lane. Trivial fury.

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    And yet so popular :confused:

So is Mrs Brown and Winning Streak, they tend not to change the channel in the care home...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

“Can I ask you something?” That has to be the most anxiety inducing question ever. Just ask it already

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    “Can I ask you something?” That has to be the most anxiety inducing question ever. Just ask it already

It's usually a question you don't want to be asked, either.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    So is Mrs Brown and Winning Streak, they tend not to change the channel in the care home...

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Ta'd.... feminax has been taken off the Irish market. Twas the only one that would sort out the monthly woes when they got too much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Ahh stop, just come out with it already 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitty6277 wrote:
    “Can I ask you something?†That has to be the most anxiety inducing question ever. Just ask it already

Same as "Can you do me a favour?"

What are you trying to pawn off on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Bloody clouds

woke up, couldnt see the fecking moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The “new and improved” RTE Player. Took me 30 minutes to watch the first half of last night’s Fair City. Cut out three times so had to restart and go through the adverts each time. Won’t play the second half so have given up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement