Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Sentry Tournament of Champions PGA Tour best bets

Charles Howell III at 66/1 outright.

Will love the windy conditions that are expected at Kapalua in Hawaii and has improved his driving and his iron play considerably since changing coach a few years ago. He won at the RSM Classic in great style last year and is clearly returning to playing better consistent golf. Huge chance I believe and I also backed him to be 1st round leader at 40/1.

So Charles Howell III didn't quite make the start that I expected last week. Poor wedge play on the scorable par 4's costed him a chance to contend.

So onto the second week, the Sony Open In Hawaii. Calm and dry conditions are expected in Waialae Country Club this week. These are my best bets.

Ian Poulter 66/1. Led the field in Greens In Regulation last week in Kapalua. His putting let him down, but I feel that these small greens will benefit him better. A player that has improved his ball striking immeasurably under the legendary swing instructor Pete Cowen.

Danny Lee 80/1. A player who has started his 2018/19 Fed Ex Cup campaign in great style. Just missed out on a win behind Matt Kuchar in Mayakoba. The New Zealand player is hitting it longer and more accurate and that along with a great short game, should put this former US Amateur Champion in contention this week.

Sung-Jae Im 80/1. The Web.com tour player of the year in 2018, has made a very decent start to the 2018/19 campaign, just missing out in a play-off at the Safeway Open in California. A quality all-round operator from tee to green, expect the Korean to make plenty of birdies this week. A player with serious potential.

Jimmy Walker 80/1 generally. This former winner of the Sony Open In Hawaii, is starting to show some good form again, after his health issues over the last few years. A great putter and iron player, the 2016 US PGA Champion, looks like he is in good health and shot very good scores in the final round in both his opening two events of his season, in the back end of last year.

Next week the European Tour returns with the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship, which has the earlier start of next Wednesday. While the PGA tour returns to mainland United States in 2019, for the Desert Classic in La Quinta, California. I look forward to posting my selections for both events next Monday. Enjoy your week!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Howell has a serious top 5 record for the Sony Open though......

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Abu Dhabi Golf Championship best bets

Tom Lewis at 66/1 generally
    Byeong Hun An at 40/1 generally
    Thomas Pieters at 25/1 generally

Desert Classic on the PGA Tour

Denny McCarthy
    Sam Burns
    Abraham Ancer

Sung Jae Im

no general prices as of yet for the latter tournament up to Monday afternoon

Best bets for this week's golf. All each-way.

Dubai Desert Classic:

Mike Lorenzo-Vera
    Gavin Green
    Joost Luiten

Farmers Insurance Open:

Patrick Cantlay
    Gary Woodland
    Jason Kokrak

• Advertisement

Trend for the farmers since 2011 all the winners have played the south course first day north course the 2nd day and couple of those years the top of the leaderboard has been dominated by that combination

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

So.. The Masters

Who have ye got

Me..

Fowler
    Rose
    Matsuyama
    Xander

Long shot

Charlie Hoffman
    Finau

Also looking good though..

Louis
    Sergio

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

My only bet so far is xander it might be my only bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

https://www.oddschecker.com/golf/the-masters/2019-us-masters/winner

While the Paddy Power offer looks appealing by paying ten places, you are taking a large chance that your placed golfer will give you a diluted return. This can be frustrating when collecting.

If you are backing at some of the shorter prices I would be looking elsewhere for value.

For example Ladbrokes are only paying 5 places, however they are offering a 33% better return on Rory McElroy singles. If you back him ew with PP at 6/1 you might not even get your money back. Even if he does finish 2 or 3 shots off the winner, there is no guarantee that these places won't be filled by more than 10 golfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sergio looks like decent value at 45/1. Shuffles at 35/1 also looks a nice bet. Hard to back Rory at 6/1.

Small bet on Hoffman first round leader, and e/w on Sergio & Willett.

Small bet on how tong li to win his 3 ball with Woods and Rahm.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Think the value rest in the 1stRL market with it's slightly higher varaince,
    combined (with 8pl) in a high quality, but small-ish field, is ideal.
    Couple at triple digits of interest, one wildcard at 300/1.

Outright, simply picking various pricing advantages between the two main books, offering 10pl if building e/w acca arrays.
    Then write off anyone off-form such as spieth, and even (dare say it) Rory - but the later based on an overshort price only, he may well win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

My main bet is on Rory. He has built his year so far around this. He has played fewer competitions than usual so that he is fresh for Augusta. He has finished 4th/5th/4th/2nd/6th/1st in those competitions leading up to this. I'm not counting matchplay as it is not like for like comparison like 72 hole comps. His driver is **** hot at the moment. He knows Augusta very well. His putting has improved. His temperament seems better. It just seems to me that it is his time to shine and come Sunday evening we'll have a first Irishman putting on a green jacket and a sixth man ever to complete the career grand slam.

I've also got a bet from ages ago on Fleetwood at 40/1, as well as e/w punts on Leishman, Hoffman and Lowry.

I also fancy Tiger to have a real go and I'd be surprised if I don't see Tiger, Justin and Rory all in contention come Sunday evening. Rory's best chance is if he builds a lead up going into Sunday. Cant wait for this to start now!

At the prices of the main contenders I am backing Brooks Koepke. 3 majors in 2 years is not faffing around. 25/1 in places. That's my big bet of the week.

Of the rest I will have other bets on

Jordan Spieth - 18 - 20 /1, will look juicy if he starts off with two 68's. I don't care what people are saying about his new swing, he will have it well tinkered with by the time he tees off on Thursday.

Henrick Stenson - playing some nice golf.

Hao-Tong Li - 125 /1 with Paddy Power is a nice price. Made the cut last year and looks to be decent. Came 3rd in Troon a couple of years ago. He could be anything at this stage.

Lowry will get a fiver each way just in case he pulls any miracles, but I am not sure he is good enough, yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    https://www.oddschecker.com/golf/the-masters/2019-us-masters/winner

While the Paddy Power offer looks appealing by paying ten places, you are taking a large chance that your placed golfer will give you a diluted return. This can be frustrating when collecting.

If you are backing at some of the shorter prices I would be looking elsewhere for value.

For example Ladbrokes are only paying 5 places, however they are offering a 33% better return on Rory McElroy singles. If you back him ew with PP at 6/1 you might not even get your money back. Even if he does finish 2 or 3 shots off the winner, there is no guarantee that these places won't be filled by more than 10 golfers.

Paddy power are awful on all prices. Do yourself a favour and avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Spieth has drifted out to 28 from 20 at the weekend on Betfair. He's good at Augusta.

Molinari and Koepka around 32 look good value. Top 5 around 7 for these 2 is a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Fowler/Molinari outright along with Hoffman/Casey e/w is what I'm thinking at the moment.

I'm not sure about Koepka. He's apparently lost 2 stone which typically results in a loss of form, although I know he was 2nd at the Honda. Plus the fact that he's primarily a fader of the ball would turn me off him a bit.

Kopeka was consuming some ridiculous low carlorie intake everyday to look great for the cover of some magazine.

was pretty horrendous at the match play in a week group and said today in an interview he still ins't feeling 100% but who knows if thats just downplaying his chances but thats what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Putting bets on later .

Off the street , how bad are paddy power odds ?
    Don't have an online account. Or want one.

Thinking if a big enough bet on Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Would hate to back him. But Dechambeau looks good value and not one you would hear mentioned ?

Quick look at oddschecker has him top price at 8/1 with ladbrooks and will hill.

• Advertisement

Putting bets on later .

Off the street , how bad are paddy power odds ?
    Don't have an online account. Or want one.

Thinking if a big enough bet on Rory.

Ladbrokes are best priced 8/1 if you fancy McElroy, 33% better than Paddy Power at 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Would hate to back him. But Dechambeau looks good value and not one you would hear mentioned ?

His putting is all based around charting the greens and you aren't allowed to chart them in Augusta so it's quite a leap of faith

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Gone big on Ca Smith @70's
    Smaller each way bets on Kisner (@55's) & Stenson (@45's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Speith frl, purely on course form @26.0 on the Betfair

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Going for Zach Johnson to finish in top 20 at 9to2 on Betfair. Charl to be top South African also 9to2 on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Did e/w bets on Kuch, Molinari and Kisner, think at least one of them as a decent chance of placing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Fowler is my big bet. 2nd last year and course is going to be wet and windy.
    Cantalay and Big Phil are my small e/w

Currently weighing up Tiger - interesting that he is in top 60 pga stats for distance and accuracy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I don't know why but I put my beans on Kuchar, e/w Top 10 at 33s

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Plumped for Xander at 35s and Cantley at 55s.

Both small e/w bets.

Bring the noise

• Advertisement

Paddy Power are doing a best price on Patrick Reed at 55/. I took a little bite. That price will look massive if he is in the humour. Outside of the exchanges, which are win only btw, that is the best industry price.

https://www.oddschecker.com/golf/the-masters/2019-us-masters/winner/bet-history/patrick-reed

Advertisement