Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

You'd imagine the bookies will be taking a hit on turnover this week with the lack of coverage on mainstream tv. Also not 1 post here which is unusual for a major. Interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

It has certainly dampened my interest in it anyway.

Small plays on
    Henley @80/1
    Wise @90/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

kiers47 wrote: »
    You'd imagine the bookies will be taking a hit on turnover this week with the lack of coverage on mainstream tv. Also not 1 post here which is unusual for a major. Interesting times.

I always check the "Sport on TV this week" section in the Irish Times on a Monday and they didn't even have it listed. Thought I had got my dates mixed up and must be starting next week so double checked.

But I think that's also a reflection on standards in the IT slipping in recent years, you see typos regularly now where that never happened 10 plus years ago. A sign they are just not paying a wage to have an extra pair of eyes go over everything before printing I'd say.

Anyway, gone e/w on Betfair Spieth at 26 and Finau at 46 for interest.

edit: What a minute, it's not on Sky Sports??? Christ, that explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lack of coverage kills this.

Few quid on Poulter though

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Obviously early days and the usual Fowler collapse probably happening tomorrow but I backed him for the US Open and mistakenly wrote USPGA on the docket. I would never have backed him for this considering his recent relatively poor form so would be a massive slice for me of luck if he were to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Have my usuals of Rickie and Shane backed E/W along with Fleetwood and Justin Thomas for the win. All various amounts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Backed Oosthuizen but he pulled out.
    Will paddy refund me?

Backed Oosthuizen but he pulled out.
    Will paddy refund me?

He withrew before he teed off so definitely yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Backed Finau not great so far but good day tomorrow could see him back in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

He withrew before he teed off so definitely yes.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

paulie21 wrote: »
    Backed Finau not great so far but good day tomorrow could see him back in the mix

It would have to be some round :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

*seems like decent odds on poulter and bello, so put an ew on both.

(*to me :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

It would have to be some round :eek:

It is some round, -5 after 5:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Have my usuals of Rickie and Shane backed E/W along with Fleetwood and Justin Thomas for the win. All various amounts

So close but yet so far. Great to have so many to watch on back 9 on a Sunday with interest. Pity it payed out nothing but delighted to see tiger back in the hunt

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Any big winners?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I have absolutely zero interest in the Ryder Cup from a winning team point of view so going to put on a number of bets to keep the interest level up for the week.

The US are about a 10/11 shot on last check that's too big ill be taking some of that.
    Justin Thomas for Top US points winner is 7/1 also like this he is a birdie machine and has played the course this year so must be an advantage for him.
    Im not sure who Molinari will play with but i think he is a bit too big at 9/1 as Europe's top points winner.

Will probably also do some bets on the matches when the pairings come out.

Considering Molliniari as top points scorer as my only bet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've taken Europe at 5/4.

Will do match bets also once the pairings are out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm considering backing Reed to be top American at 9/1 but I'm a bit spooked by him being so long even though he topped this chart last two times. Does he not get on with Furyk or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Considering Molliniari as top points scorer as my only bet

It'd be a brave bet considering he's never won a match in two appearances! Plus I wouldn't bank on him playing all five sessions.

• Advertisement

NDWC wrote: »
    It'd be a brave bet considering he's never won a match in two appearances! Plus I wouldn't bank on him playing all five sessions.

Ya the 5 matches is more a issue for me then his record as I think he is better mentally as a player then before, on the european side I think barring maybe Stenson he is the best fit for the course.

Actually your comment made me look a bit deeper into it might just go with Stenson instead.

Out of curiousity who do you think will play all the matches

Ya the 5 matches is more a issue for me then his record as I think he is better mentally as a player then before, on the european side I think barring maybe Stenson he is the best fit for the course.

Actually your comment made me look a bit deeper into it might just go with Stenson instead.

Out of curiousity who do you think will play all the matches

Not sure about Stenson either as he has reportedly been carrying an injury so it's difficult to predict how he'll do.

In terms of who'll play all the matches I'd say Rory, Rose, Fleetwood and Rahm are likely. Stenson will probably be paired with Rose so unless he struggles with form or injury we could well see him play five times too. Molinari is also a possibility but maybe he'll be saved for foursomes. Poulter could play a few too if he shows form early on.

If I were to back a European for top points scorer I'd probably go with Fleetwood.

Not sure about Stenson either as he has reportedly been carrying an injury so it's difficult to predict how he'll do.

In terms of who'll play all the matches I'd say Rory, Rose, Fleetwood and Rahm are likely. Stenson will probably be paired with Rose so unless he struggles with form or injury we could well see him play five times too. Molinari is also a possibility but maybe he'll be saved for foursomes. Poulter could play a few too if he shows form early on.

If I were to back a European for top points scorer I'd probably go with Fleetwood.

I reckon 4 of Rose, Stenson, Fleetwood, Poulter, Molinari and Casey will have to be in a pairing each session for thier ability to hit fairways, as you said Rose and Stenson should be paired together so that leaves the other 4 for 3 spots.

Stenson at 29 on betfair looks tempting , Molinairi is 23 on Betvictor and Fleetwood 21 on boyles.

I'll think it over a little more cheers for the input

I reckon 4 of Rose, Stenson, Fleetwood, Poulter, Molinari and Casey will have to be in a pairing each session for thier ability to hit fairways, as you said Rose and Stenson should be paired together so that leaves the other 4 for 3 spots.

Stenson at 29 on betfair looks tempting , Molinairi is 23 on Betvictor and Fleetwood 21 on boyles.

I'll think it over a little more cheers for the input

Definitely worth a punt at that price I think

I'm on Thomas top American, Reed top overall and a few longshot request-a-bets...

Was going to go big on both Thomas and Fleetwood for top rookie but then when I saw Rahm was playing with Rose this morning I figured I'd need to cover him too and the game would be barely worth the candle

I'm on Thomas top American, Reed top overall and a few longshot request-a-bets...

Have doubled Speith and Mcllroy to win today to cover Thomas, looks like I might end up halving the original bet.:(

One of the request-a-bets is looking surprisingly healthy though: Europe win, Molinari top Euro point scorer and Poulter win his singles. Still think Flettwood might spoil it for me though...

Have doubled Speith and Mcllroy to win today to cover Thomas, looks like I might end up halving the original bet.:(

One of the request-a-bets is looking surprisingly healthy though: Europe win, Molinari top Euro point scorer and Poulter win his singles. Still think Flettwood might spoil it for me though...

Both came through but I took a lot of the good out of it with cover bets. Need to trust my judgement more....

I have absolutely zero interest in the Ryder Cup from a winning team point of view so going to put on a number of bets to keep the interest level up for the week.

The US are about a 10/11 shot on last check that's too big ill be taking some of that.
    Justin Thomas for Top US points winner is 7/1 also like this he is a birdie machine and has played the course this year so must be an advantage for him.
    Im not sure who Molinari will play with but i think he is a bit too big at 9/1 as Europe's top points winner.

Will probably also do some bets on the matches when the pairings come out.

This didn't work out so bad. Scooped the full bets with Molinari and Thomas. Didnt get much of a run from the US but others kept me interested for the weekend.

This didn't work out so bad. Scooped the full bets with Molinari and Thomas. Didnt get much of a run from the US but others kept me interested for the weekend.

Great achievement to predict top scorer from both teams. Hats off to you, hopefully you won a fair bit!

• Advertisement

Great achievement to predict top scorer from both teams. Hats off to you, hopefully you won a fair bit!

Ah sher i guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day :D

Cheers though. Won enough for a few beers anyway :)

Advertisement