Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You just ignore it. I don't understand why people get so upset over aftertiming. I just laugh at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

NDWC wrote: »
    I'd like to suggest that the mods introduce an aftertiming rule to this thread. It's extremely annoying and I guarantee that regardless of who wins tomorrow there'll be a load of lads coming on here afterwards saying they backed him.

Just my 2c

First time posting in this thread but you're spot on. I follow this thread but haven't posted before.

It's general betting etiquette, brag all you want about your winner as long as you lay your cards on the table first. We can all pick a winner after the race is run.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

If you are going to aftertime then you’re going to have to post a screenshot of your bet or it’s a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ahh my post did that. i never heard of aftertiming. i didn't know is it banned 'cos it's pointless talking about bets made after the fact or people BS. here's my screenshot anyway: 9PM1Nv7.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Koepka at 13/2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I have Molinari, Day, Koepka, Scott, Oosthuizen, Johnson, Woods, Thomas and Schaufele. I'm in with a good chance I think.

Have Molinari,koepka and Thomas myself,will post a screenshot if they win,if they lose ill just slitter away back under my rock haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

anyone know what price Cantley was at the start?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Pissartist wrote: »
    Personally i don't think Rory will do anything, i actually think he'll miss the cut.
    I backed Jason day , Brooks koepka and eddie pepperell each way, and the king tiger to win.
    Good luck all, i love the Masters

3 out of 4 !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

A local bookie was telling my dad the other day they took a rake of bets on a 'Tiger double' in the Grand National and Masters. Gonna get badly burned:p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'll be backing him in all the other majors this year. I'd expect 5/1 will be the best price now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

glasso wrote: »

Bit of a bill for WillHills ops over there ($1,275,000).

Realistically, they probably took that into their pockets, from other folks backing another fav (Rory), or even Molinari.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Plumped for Xander at 35s and Cantley at 55s.

Both small e/w bets.

Bring the noise

Done with PP, I assume Cantley got in the places?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Done with PP, I assume Cantley got in the places?

He was T9 so I assume you're safe, unless I'm mistaken he would've had to be T10 to dilute your winnings

Also congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

He was T9 so I assume you're safe, unless I'm mistaken he would've had to be T10 to dilute your winnings

Also congrats

I think they were diluted. I certainly didn't get the full whack for rahm and fowler.

Pa8301 wrote: »
    I think they were diluted. I certainly didn't get the full whack for rahm and fowler.

Was that paying 10 places? In that case apologies for the misinformation :o:(

Was that paying 10 places? In that case apologies for the misinformation :o:(

Yeah it was with PP who were paying out 10 places. I would have thought I would have gotten the full amount too. Apparently not though.

As far as I remember you should get back 2/3rds of what you would on a full place.

As there were 3 golfers in the 2 techinaclly 9/10 place spots

some bookies pay full but they are generally the smaller ones

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Yeah it was with PP who were paying out 10 places. I would have thought I would have gotten the full amount too. Apparently not though.

That's absolute BS. They were T9 hence you should've got the full amount :(

As far as I remember you should get back 2/3rds of what you would on a full place.

As there were 3 golfers in the 2 techinaclly 9/10 place spots

some bookies pay full but they are generally the smaller ones

Yeah, just checked the dead heat rules on the bookies website and that looks to be the case. Ah well, not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

As an aside, I had Webb Simpson backed E/W . He finished -11 do I collect.
    Docket said top 5 finish(dead heat rules apply)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

We don't condone aftertiming around these parts! In future, can you please post a pic of the bet if you want to ask a question after the event has finished. Thanking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He finished T5, so you'll collect.

Dead heat rules will apply as there was 4 people tied 5th (positions 5,6,7,8) so you'll only get a fraction of what you would have if he had finished 5th on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

That's absolute BS. They were T9 hence you should've got the full amount :(

read up on dead heat rules in golf. It's not BS

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Happy4all wrote: »
    anyone know what price Cantley was at the start?

66/1 in Ladbrookes on Thursday morning.

I had considered doing B Langer @ 11/10 for top German but glad I didn't in the end - he shot 80 on Sunday to finish 4 behind Kaymer.

Harding as top debutant was one that I'm sure a few had a punt on, presume the odds on that were decent.
    read up on dead heat rules in golf. It's not BS

Thank you for your stellar insight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

As usual, whoever I bet on just missed out on placing, Kuchar and then I went onto Poults too for old times sake

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

RoadRunner wrote: »
    I spread that $40 across:
    rory 13/2
    tiger 14/1
    shane e/w 150/1

€10 went on Rory, €20 on tiger and €5/ew on shane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

One of my 15 ponies came in for an e/w. Can't say the name cause aftertiming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

PARlance wrote: »
    He finished T5, so you'll collect.

Dead heat rules will apply as there was 4 people tied 5th (positions 5,6,7,8) so you'll only get a fraction of what you would have if he had finished 5th on his own.

That’s ridiculous. He was backed to finish e/w top 10 which he did. It would be different if he tied 5th with 10 people.

Edit - sorry just noticed he back him top 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Call it a gut feeling but I fancy a juicy figure price winning this week so thrown a few darts at

Casey 40s
    Snedeker 125
    Grillo 150
    Stanley 200
    Moore 125

Frl
    Vegas 66
    Grillo 90
    Dahmen 90
    Perez 100

Advertisement