Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

MSGSM wrote: »
    Would people recommend this phone? Looking for an upgrade from a Vodafone Smart Ultra 7.

I would definitely have recommended the phone
    last week, but the problem that I mentioned on here with transferring files to an external hard drive is an issue for me, if that doesn't bother you then this is a great phone for the price

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I would definitely have recommended the phone
    last week, but the problem that I mentioned on here with transferring files to an external hard drive is an issue for me, if that doesn't bother you then this is a great phone for the price

With cloud storage I wouldn't think there is much demand to go straight from phone to hard drive.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    With cloud storage I wouldn't think there is much demand to go straight from phone to hard drive.

True, but I like to download movies to watch back when I can, just plug it into the tv and away you go, get around it with bubbleupnp though

Hi,

Anybody know why it is that no matter what I do, I can't set VLC as the default video player on my Pocophone?
    I have gone into settings and tried it there, I've clicked on videos and tried "open in another app" which works on that one occasion, but next time around it's back to mi video,
    I've even removed mi video altogether using the tool spoken about on this thread, and for some reason which I can't understand it still seems to open on mi video!!
    I then re-installed mi video and when I clicked to watch something, mi video asked for permission to access my files, I denied permission and tried using VLC, in this instance it wouldn't play at all,
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Anybody having the charging issue were you have to reboot the phone to get it to charge? The battery itself seems fine, it's not dropping too fast or anything and once it starts charging it will charge fine, but charging cables aren't recognised until I reboot the phone (even for data transfer to a PC).

I've googled and tried:
    1) rebooting, connecting to pc and changing charge setting to data transfer and back again
    2) turning off "MIUI optimisations" in the options and rebooting
    but have had no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone with this phone fancy trying to install the Amazon app from the play store, and see if you run into any problems?

I couldn't update my app, uninstalled it, and now I cannot reinstall it.

Even tried side loading it, but no joy.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Used mine this morning works fine.

sioda wrote: »
    Used mine this morning works fine.

Yeah, mine was working fine, it just wouldn't update (but the play store kept pushing an update to it)

Now I can't get it to install again.

Anyone with this phone fancy trying to install the Amazon app from the play store, and see if you run into any problems?

Cheers

Have it already, but installed it there now in second space with no issues

Have it already, but installed it there now in second space with no issues

Mmmm.

Very strange.

• Advertisement

So problem solved, and I only discovered what was causing it by accident.

It seems I installed Amazon India from an earlier trip which I must have forgotten about, and the two apps (Amazon India and UK) seemed to be clashing somehow:o

Anyway, uninstalled the Indian one and everything's grand again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Cheers

My wife has it and it's working fine on hers...
    The sheer volume of bloody Prime deliveries and my burgeoning friendship with our postman would testify to that...

But I checked, just to be sure ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

So problem solved, and I only discovered what was causing it by accident.

It seems I installed Amazon India from an earlier trip which I must have forgotten about, and the two apps (Amazon India and UK) seemed to be clashing somehow:o

Anyway, uninstalled the Indian one and everything's grand again.

Did you set your region to India to get the facial recognition to work at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,800 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone have a random beep/message tone sound on their pocofone even though there's no message/notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone have a random beep/message tone sound on their pocofone even though there's no message/notification?

I do get them when the system apps are updated, you get a beep/message tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,800 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I do get them when the system apps are updated, you get a beep/message tone.

Thanks for that. There is no icon on the screen to show anything was updating so had no idea what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

Received big update yesterday to MIUI 11 - alot of changes to get used to. I can no longer control the sound made when a message (SMS) is received. Has anyone else experienced this? If so have you found a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭droidman123

Received big update yesterday to MIUI 11 - alot of changes to get used to. I can no longer control the sound made when a message (SMS) is received. Has anyone else experienced this? If so have you found a fix?

If you go into "manage apps" then click on the messaging app the options are there

If you go into "manage apps" then click on the messaging app the options are there

Thanks found it, its hidden well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

I had a notification of the update but it's disappeared

• Advertisement

Anyone know how to disable the sim lock on my new gomo SIM card?

I have been searching just about everywhere I can think of under settings but it's just not popping out at me

Edit, scratch that got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Anyone know how to disable the sim lock on my new gomo SIM card?

What's the coverage like with gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Are you / were you on MIUI 10.3.8.0?

I have pressed for update, but it says no update available?

How did you get the update?

Bahanaman wrote: »
    What's the coverage like with gomo?

No complaints so far, and my work takes me all over the island.

abarkie wrote: »
    Are you / were you on MIUI 10.3.8.0?

I have pressed for update, but it says no update available?

How did you get the update?

Received a notification that it was there. Asked me did I want to download over mobile data or wait until I had wifi. I accepted the mobile date option. Its a large download - almost 2 gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Received a notification that it was there. Asked me did I want to download over mobile data or wait until I had wifi. I accepted the mobile date option. Its a large download - almost 2 gigs.
    Any idea on how they are rolling the update out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Got the update today.

Different look but hey ho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

abarkie wrote: »
    Got the update today.

Different look but hey ho
    Got it today. Looks ok

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Got it too... Not such a big difference really.

60 seconds had my sound settings back.

The bigger rounded app shortcuts look like a regression rather than progression. Nice touch though having the settings wheel turn after closing it.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Got it too... Not such a big difference really.

60 seconds had my sound settings back.

The bigger rounded app shortcuts look like a regression rather than progression.

Yeah I'd agree with most of this, the app icons on my home screen look like a backward step tbh, the default notification sounds are bizarre tbh.

Anyone got a definitive list of the new features?

Nice touch though having the settings wheel turn after closing it.

What's this?

Advertisement