Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Obviously I'm doing something wrong lads, download the tool.
    Downloaded ADB drivers
    Enabled usb debugging on phone
    Booted phone into ADB mode (is this the screen where it says fast boot or something similar?)

Tool doesn't find phone. :mad:

Tried different usb leads, and different ports on the laptop but nothing.

It's probably something simple, but it's my head done in.

When you plug in your phone to PC does Windows 10 pop up with message recognising the phone by name?

If you check device manager in Windows does it show the Poco in the list or do you see any yellow ! with unknown device beside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

When you plug in your phone to PC does Windows 10 pop up with message recognising the phone by name?

If you check device manager in Windows does it show the Poco in the list or do you see any yellow ! with unknown device beside it?

I'll check later when I'm home, I've an 8 years old Asus laptop, has seen better days tbh.

It definitely let's me select the phone for data transfer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I'll check later when I'm home, I've an 8 years old Asus laptop, has seen better days tbh.

It definitely let's me select the phone for data transfer etc.

There's a really good free program called snappy driver installer, if you install it and select install headers only it will do a scan on your hardware and allow you to install missing drivers. It's worth a shot at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

I used that tool yesterday, removed Google movies, music etc, today I removed more of the miui stuff.

Now I'm getting the message "WiFi connected, no internet", iternet comes on now and again but only for seconds at a time, this is at work and everyone else's is fine, no problem with the WiFi signal itself,

Have to point out that I have no proof that removing stuff is to blame, no issues yesterday and I hadn't checked WiFi before I done it today,
    I also re-installed everything but made no difference,

Any one else ever have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Got a weird message after i used it, some service not starting but a reboot sorted it. Have seen the wifi connected, not internet issue on other phones (samsungs and the missus's oneplus is brutal for it) before with nothing done to them so don't know.

• Advertisement

Just home here and WiFi is perfect, not sure what the issue is at work then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Just discovered something slightly disturbing. I haven't bothered with any of the pre-loaded apps, or granted them permission for anything.

Noticed a notification saying "New call recorded". Tapping it brought up the Recorder app, which asked for a series of permissions (record audio, access media on the device, access contacts) which I said no to all of, so it failed to open.

Went back in again and granted the permissions so I could open the app, and it turns out it's been recording every call I've made despite not having any of the relevant permissions. Which is a little worrying.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,060 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Got myself a Pocophone

How do i get everything over from my Xiaomi Note 4

I get a message saying my work emails / contacts wont come over when i try via my Google account and when i look to restore from a back up

Also how does the Dual Sim Whats app come over to new phone?

Would the Samsung smart switch app do it?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Don't xioami have their own backup / transfer option?

Found it. Mi Mover

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

While I'm here, I thought i'd be daring and have my phone nude. And of course dropped it.

What's the average repair price?

MarkR wrote: »
    Don't xioami have their own backup / transfer option?

Found it. Mi Mover

Only copied only 79 apps out of 156?

Anything else I can use?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Perhaps of interest to anyone planning on buying one, supposed to be available from noon tomorrow, Xiaomi Pocophone F1 128GB Smartphone + Mi Band 3 £204, assuming you would need Parcel Motel to get it delivered here.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/round-4-pocophone-f2-128gb-mi-band-3-204-app-redmi-note-6-pro-64gb-5000mah-powerbank-114-app-at-mi-uk-3266728

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Perhaps of interest to anyone planning on buying one, supposed to be available from noon tomorrow, Xiaomi Pocophone F1 128GB Smartphone + Mi Band 3 £204, assuming you would need Parcel Motel to get it delivered here.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/round-4-pocophone-f2-128gb-mi-band-3-204-app-redmi-note-6-pro-64gb-5000mah-powerbank-114-app-at-mi-uk-3266728

Lost my OnePlus 5 over the weekend, so think I'm going to go for this. Anyone ordered from Xiaomi directly before? Any issues with Parcel Motel or payment validation?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Julez wrote: »
    Lost my OnePlus 5 over the weekend, so think I'm going to go for this. Anyone ordered from Xiaomi directly before? Any issues with Parcel Motel or payment validation?

Been trying for the last 30 mins - declining my cards

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nike319

Been trying for the last 30 mins - declining my cards

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone try with revolut maybe? I havent got a phone so can't even top it up

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Did anyone get sorted with this after and what steps did you take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Is wifi calling available on this?

funnyname wrote: »
    Is wifi calling available on this?

Nope

• Advertisement

Anyone's notification light not work?

Any fixes / tests for this?

abarkie wrote: »
    Anyone's notification light not work?

Any fixes / tests for this?

new system update this morning

MIUI 10.3.6.0 PEJMIXM

fix: screen didnt always light up for notifications

https://miblog.co/pocophone-f1-global-10-3-6-0-pejmixm/

Git a mi otg cable delivered this morning, used it to hook up 2tb external hard drive to phone, it recognised that there was a device connected right away but took an age to show it's files, tried transferring movie from my phone, didn't work, disconnected and reconnected and tried again, worked but took ages to transfer,

Anyone know why this is? It seems that Poco doesn't support NTFS, I'm not sure if the hard drive is formatted to NTFS but confused as to why it would transfer the file one minute, then nothing the next time I tried, the phone also shut down during two different attempts

Git a mi otg cable delivered this morning, used it to hook up 2tb external hard drive to phone, it recognised that there was a device connected right away but took an age to show it's files, tried transferring movie from my phone, didn't work, disconnected and reconnected and tried again, worked but took ages to transfer,

Anyone know why this is? It seems that Poco doesn't support NTFS, I'm not sure if the external drive is formatted to NTFS but confused as to why it would transfer the file one minute, then nothing the next time I tried, the phone also shut down during two different attempts

Anyone with s similar issue? My redmi note 3 worked with the hard drive no bother, that only worked off fat32 so can't see that being the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 16 defox

Anyone get this type of discoloration in the screen. The phone wasn't dropped or any misuse. It's 8 months old and purchased through Amazon. I assume it's covered under the xiaomi 2 year warranty. Any advice appreciated...

It's called 'screen burn'

Haven't had to deal with it myself, but might be something here...

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/fix-screen-burn-your-galaxy-s8-prevent-from-happening-again-0177379/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I see there's a software update available, not sure what it entails, anyone else get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

defox wrote: »
    Anyone get this type of discoloration in the screen. The phone wasn't dropped or any misuse. It's 8 months old and purchased through Amazon. I assume it's covered under the xiaomi 2 year warranty. Any advice appreciated...

Phones with LCD screens rarely get screen burn, that's way more common on OLED. That mark on the screen is pressure. Something is pushing behind it, more then likely the battery. Batteries expand over time and I saw this countless times when I worked as a phone repair technician for 3 years..

I see there's a software update available, not sure what it entails, anyone else get it?

Downloaded it yesterday, just a security update more or less, phone fine afterwards, just follow the prompts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MSGSM

Would people recommend this phone? Looking for an upgrade from a Vodafone Smart Ultra 7.

Advertisement