Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options
1298299300301302304»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'd love Woodley to spark him early. And also beat the absolute snot out of him for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Odd fight for Paul to take as their is probably plenty of MMA lads he could fight for much less risk and similar financial reward.

I don't think Paul is Mike tyson or anything, but he takes the sport much more seriously than some people think, its not a cert that he gets sparked out by Woodley .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Woodley is going to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Think Woodley loses myself also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

How did Woodley become so insignificant I never noticed he got cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dashoonage wrote: »
    How did Woodley become so insignificant I never noticed he got cut.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. He wasn’t cut.
    He’s nearly 40, he ought out his contract and hit the free market.

Tyron to take as Askren looking dive for $10m

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He'll take another fall like Askren for a payday and the circus will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Probably more for the BJJ thread over in the martial arts section, but anyone watch Submission underground there last week? Some great matches in it. Mason fowler got a fantastic heel hook submission while rolling out of a back take.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

At least Woodley v Paul is the first semi-credible fight Paul has been in. Woodley can throw bombs. It's still a freak show, amateur boxer versus a past-his-prime MMA fighter in a boxing ring.

But at least he's fighting someone who can strike this time, it's a big step up from Ben Askren, who could barely fight a plastic bag in a strong wind in stand-up.

Woodley will probably make twice or triple the money from this as he would from a generous multi-fight contract in any other organisation.

We're in a new generation of "fight entertainment" here versus "fight sport" and there's big money in it, even if I'd never give a cent to it personally. The Paul v Askren event - as in, the overall event and not just the main - was beyond cringe-inducing. But it made money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm with Henry Cejudo with this one:
    You guys are going to think I am crazy, but I personally think that Jake Paul will beat Tyron Woodley. Why? Its because Tyron Woodley has all that muscle and when he fights, he gets tired. He only has that overhand right. Its good and its viscious, but in an 8-round fight with a kid that has a chip on his shoulder and wants to demonstrate to the world, he will beat the average guy with average hands in the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Official now anyway.

20ft ring, 10oz gloves, 8 rounds & 190lbs

I think Jake wins myself, another circus but.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

I give Paul absolutely zero chance if this is a legit fight, Woodley has a serious right hand that only had someone on queer street there a few weeks ago in the UFC, Pauls footwork is horrific he will be highlighted reeled very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

PP have Jake Paul 1/2 fav, Woodley 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It'll be a close fight ,

Woodley just tried to set up a big right hand which can work in MMA but much harder to land or set up in boxing ,

Also his chin could be gone ,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That time again..

New thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement