Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Vernon Coleman: They want to kill 6 Bn of us, enslave us [Covid-19]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

it is easy to cherry pick quotes without context from a book
    However, broad and radical pronouncements (like “everything will change”) and an all-or-nothing,
    black-and-white analysis should be deployed with great care. Of course, reality will be much more
    nuanced. By itself, the pandemic may not completely transform the world, but it is likely to accelerate
    many of the changes that were already taking place before it erupted, which will in turn set in motion other
    changes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Quiner wrote: »
    Waiting for it to arrive, but have since discovered a PDF copy of the book. It takes time for books to arrive. As soon as the book arrives I'll switch to reading the book. You're free to believe it's a lie, but I'm reading the book, so you can't go on about people not reading the book.

But if you'd like to tell us 'conspiracy theorists' what you believe the "radical changes" will be then that'd be great.
    Again, previously you've said
    That you didn't need to read the book.
    That you weren't going to read the book because it was too scary.
    That you weren't going to read the book because you didn't want to give money to the WEF.
    Then you claimed that you ordered it (And have been waiting a long time for it.)
    And now you claim you just randomly, just the moment found a pdf for it.

So yea, I think it's a lie that you're reading it.

Also I like how in all of that you only just not thought to look for a pdf?
    I don't think that's true either.

Also, could you quote where he says specifically that it's his plan to stop people from owning things. Thanks.

King Mob wrote: »
    Again, previously you've said
    That you didn't need to read the book.
    That you weren't going to read the book because it was too scary.
    That you weren't going to read the book because you didn't want to give money to the WEF.
    Then you claimed that you ordered it (And have been waiting a long time for it.)
    And now you claim you just randomly, just the moment found a pdf for it.

So yea, I think it's a lie that you're reading it.

Also I like how in all of that you only just not thought to look for a pdf?
    I don't think that's true either.

Also, could you quote where he says specifically that it's his plan to stop people from owning things. Thanks.

to be fair I found a PDF in a minute. they haven't read past the intro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Less commuting would cause people to talk of "bc" and "ac" and would be a radical change? He's saying they're going to be "radical".

What do YOU think these changes are??

some more quotes from the book. Nothing yet that sounds anything like the conspiracy.
    s. Also, authoritative measures to attempt to contain them have always been part of the
    policy arsenal. Thus, there is nothing new about the confinement and lockdowns imposed upon much of the
    world to manage COVID-19. They have been common practice for centuries
    The broader point is this: the possibilities for change and the resulting new order are now unlimited
    and only bound by our imagination, for better or for worse. Societies could be poised to become either
    more egalitarian or more authoritarian, or geared towards more solidarity or more individualism,
    favouring the interests of the few or the many; economies, when they recover, could take the path of more
    inclusivity and be more attuned to the needs of our global commons, or they could return to functioning as
    they did before. You get the point: we should take advantage of this unprecedented opportunity to
    reimagine our world, in a bid to make it a better and more resilient one as it emerges on the other side of
    this crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What do YOU think these changes are??

I speculated as to what they might be. The abolition of cash to make way for a new digital currency, the abolition of private property (based on their tweeting a link to the article about 'owning nothing' a few months before the Great Reset), restrictions on flying and traveling, health passports, a social credit style system to measure and control our carbon footprint, mass surveillance, freedom passes.

Those would be truly radical changes. I can't see how less commuting would cause people to speak of 'BC' and 'AC'. WFH would be a big change, but not radical, in my opinion. People have long worked from home. It's just the number of people working from home that has changed.

Where does he use the word promise? Or are you paraphrasing his suggestions of what may/could happen to suit your narrative?

He says they're coming. That's a promise in my book. He doesn't say they might come.

some more quotes from the book. Nothing yet that sounds anything like the conspiracy.

Nothing new about the lockdowns? When was the entire planet locked down before?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,427 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He says they're coming. That's a promise in my book. He doesn't say they might come.

I told my kid that santa was coming, it doesn't mean santa is real.

I told my kid that santa was coming, it doesn't mean santa is real.

Okay, there are no radical changes coming. He was mistaken.

• Advertisement

Nothing new about the lockdowns? When was the entire planet locked down before?

are you arguing with the book you place such great store in?
    It is of course much too early to tell with any reasonable accuracy what COVID-19 will entail in terms
    of “momentous” changes, but the objective of this book is to offer some coherent and conceptually sound
    guidelines about what might lie ahead, and to do so in the most comprehensive manner possible.

are you arguing with the book you place such great store in?

I'm wondering when the planet was locked down before. Is it an accurate statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I speculated as to what they might be. The abolition of cash to make way for a new digital currency, the abolition of private property (based on their tweeting a link to the article about 'owning nothing' a few months before the Great Reset), restrictions on flying and traveling, health passports, a social credit style system to measure and control our carbon footprint, mass surveillance, freedom passes.

Those would be truly radical changes. I can't see how less commuting would cause people to speak of 'BC' and 'AC'. WFH would be a big change, but not radical, in my opinion. People have long worked from home. It's just the number of people working from home that has changed.

We've had digital money for decades. Nothing new there. Sure when the Euro launched in 1999 it was digital at first with the physical notes and coins following 3 years later.

We've already gone through the abolition of private property and it's a load of bollix. Unless you can answer how "they" will confiscate property off every human on the planet??

We've had restrictions on flying since the start of air travel, the restrictions are in the form of price, terms and conditions, availability etc. Health passports, nothing new there. For decades people have had to get vaccinated to travel to certain parts of the world. The Covid situation will be a distant memory by the time 2022 rolls around.

More wfh is very radical. Before Covid I spent up to 2 hours a day sitting in a car/train commuting. Now I get to spend all that time with my family and same a fortune on travel. That's been a brilliant change from my perspective - I doubt very many people miss the multi hour daily commutes. I suppose you think that's evil though??

I'm wondering when the planet was locked down before. Is it an accurate statement?

you should really go and read the book before telling us what you think it says. The world has never been as connected as before. Previously it was sufficient for towns or cities could be locked down as people didn't travel as much. Local lockdowns were sufficient. travelling to the next large town could take days. now it is hours. travelling to the other side of the world could take weeks. now we can be in the other side of the world in a day. countrywide lockdowns and international lockdowns are now required.

the abolition of private property (based on their tweeting a link to the article about 'owning nothing' a few months before the Great Reset),
    Lol. You're still claiming this as if this proves your point?

No. It makes your point look ridiculous.

Where in the book you're supposedly reading does it claim this is the goal?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    We've had digital money for decades. Nothing new there. Sure when the Euro launched in 1999 it was digital at first with the physical notes and coins following 3 years later.

We've already gone through the abolition of private property and it's a load of bollix. Unless you can answer how "they" will confiscate property off every human on the planet??

We've had restrictions on flying since the start of air travel, the restrictions are in the form of price, terms and conditions, availability etc. Health passports, nothing new there. For decades people have had to get vaccinated to travel to certain parts of the world. The Covid situation will be a distant memory by the time 2022 rolls around.

More wfh is very radical. Before Covid I spent up to 2 hours a day sitting in a car/train commuting. Now I get to spend all that time with my family and same a fortune on travel. That's been a brilliant change from my perspective - I doubt very many people miss the multi hour daily commutes. I suppose you think that's evil though??

I agree with you that wfh represents a radical change, but I just don't see it as radical enough for talk of 'bc' and 'ac'. But I see what you mean.

But we've never had digital currency only. Abolishing cash would mean digital currency only. That would be a radical change. The present war on cash, whereby in many places now it's not possible to pay by cash, ostensibly because of safety, is all about abolishing it by stealth, in my opinion.

I have explained the difference between a health passport such as Health Passport Ireland and a requirement to be vaccinated to enter a country. I don't know why people insist that they are the same. Health Passport Ireland is an app that, if rolled out across the country, would radically change Irish life. In the promo video for Health Passport Ireland, which can be viewed on YouTube, the narrator lists the different places the app could be used for. She mentions hospitality, restaurants, shops concerts, stadia, offices, travel, hospitals. Everywhere! it would mean that a person would be locked out of society unless the light flashed green on the Health Passport Ireland app. Things we have taken for granted up until March such as going to the restaurant, to the shop, to a concert etc would now hinge on the light flashing green. That is not the same as showing a card to a person at Immigration in order to enter the country. They are clearly not the same.

Lol. You're still claiming this as if this proves your point?

No. It makes your point look ridiculous.

Where in the book you're supposedly reading does it claim this is the goal?

It doesn't disprove it. I admit that I am speculating. You believe that they chose that particular article at random a couple of months before the Great Reset. I don't believe it was random. That's the difference.

Why don't you read the book so that you wouldn't have to ask us the same questions over and over again? It can be read online.

It doesn't disprove it. I admit that I am speculating. You believe that they chose that particular article at random a couple of months before the Great Reset. I don't believe it was random. That's the difference.
    Yes. You're making things up and stretching things to reach ridiculous conclusions.
    Why don't you read the book so that you wouldn't have to ask us the same questions over and over again? It can be read online.
    Because I don't believe the book is important or written as a plan to take over the world.
    You do.

I take it from the dodge though that he doesn't say that in the book.

Why does he not say that in the book?

Yes. You're making things up and stretching things to reach ridiculous conclusions.

Because I don't believe the book is important or written as a plan to take over the world.
    You do.

I take it from the dodge though that he doesn't say that in the book.

Why does he not say that in the book?

I don't think it's a ridiculous conclusion to reach. Organisation whose Head promises radical changes tweets a link to an article about private property being a thing of the past a few months before the radical changes are set to be announced. Of all the hundreds, possibly thousands of articles, they could have linked to they chose to link to one about private property being a thing of the past. It's not a ridiculous conclusion to reach. What's the alternative? That it was just randomly chosen?

And then there's this crowd: https://greatreset.com/

"The pause during lockdown created by the pandemic will result in a 7% decrease in global emissions in 2020. The UN states that we need a decrease of 7.6% every year until 2030 to avoid climate and ecological disaster. This means we need to maintain the same decrease every year as if we were living in lockdown."

The reason they're talking about 2030, and the reason that article WEF linked to was about 2030, is because 2030 refers to Agenda 2030.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I don't think it's a ridiculous conclusion to reach. Organisation whose Head promises radical changes tweets a link to an article about private property being a thing of the past a few months before the radical changes are set to be announced.

There are no "radical changes set to be announced".

It's a global economic forum, they happen on an annual basis. The one in 2012 was called the "Great Transformation". These are just names. The head of the WEF is not a politician or leader he has no power to implement any changes.

The private property thing has been explained to death here. It's an opinion piece, the author of which has put a BIG disclaimer on it that it's just a thought-provoking speculative piece.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's a ridiculous conclusion to reach.
    Yes. But you believe in a wide variety of mad conspiracy theories based on crap you read on twitter.
    You are not a good judge of what is and isn't ridiculous.

So how come the book you're reading doesn't state their plan is to abolish ownership?

I don't think it's a ridiculous conclusion to reach. Organisation whose Head promises radical changes tweets a link to an article about private property being a thing of the past a few months before the radical changes are set to be announced. Of all the hundreds, possibly thousands of articles, they could have linked to they chose to link to one about private property being a thing of the past. It's not a ridiculous conclusion to reach. What's the alternative? That it was just randomly chosen?

And then there's this crowd: https://greatreset.com/

"The pause during lockdown created by the pandemic will result in a 7% decrease in global emissions in 2020. The UN states that we need a decrease of 7.6% every year until 2030 to avoid climate and ecological disaster. This means we need to maintain the same decrease every year as if we were living in lockdown."

The reason they're talking about 2030, and the reason that article WEF linked to was about 2030, is because 2030 refers to Agenda 2030.

so you see absolutely no way they can achieve it but you don't think it is a ridiculous conclusion?

so you see absolutely no way they can achieve it but you don't think it is a ridiculous conclusion?

As I explained in a previous post, the best business and corporate minds in the world are fully on board with the Great Reset. I can't think of a way it could be achieved, but they could if anyone could.

As I explained in a previous post, the best business and corporate minds in the world are fully on board with the Great Reset. I can't think of a way it could be achieved, but they could if anyone could.

I asked before who these "great minds" are but you never answered. care to do so now?

I asked before who these "great minds" are but you never answered. care to do so now?

Check out the organisations the WEF works with. It's on their website.

Check out the organisations the WEF works with. It's on their website.

I'm asking you. you're the one convinced that they are great minds. surely you should know who they are.

I'm asking you. you're the one convinced that they are great minds. surely you should know who they are.

https://www.weforum.org/partners/

They are listed on that page. I can't copy and paste all of their partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

https://www.weforum.org/partners/

They are listed on that page. I can't copy and paste all of their partners.

What happened at the last annual economic forums?

Advertisement