Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

pad199207 wrote: »
    Surprised the tabloids have been so quiet ...

Let’s hope they stay that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Brits braced for artic hell as mini ice age grips Britain.

FROZEN HELL AS MILLIONS PRRISH IN BALTIC COVID NIGHTMARE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

What days are looking most likely here for deep cold or snow? Weekend or beyond it?

Sunday onwards

I'm sure they would latch on quick enough if there were more upgrades tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Too busy dealing with emoji loving ministers and not at all dodgy figures involved in boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

No doubt they'll be quoting 'weather expert' Cathal before to long.
    I've heard him on my local station a few times this winter and wouldn't be surprised if they have him on in the next few days if the charts don't downgrade.

• Advertisement

My cousin in Marlton New Jersey sent me this earlier today, morning time there.
    Snowing from sunday and still going although at the time but turned to light rain in the afternoon as temps rose above 0c.
    It reminded me of some of the pictures posted here from the East in December 2010, will we see similar posted next week i wonder ;)
    IMG-20210202-WA0004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Almost as good as Kildare in Feb 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I remember the evening of Storm Emma, anxiously awaiting the epic snowfall to top up the bit of now frozen snow we had on the ground that had fallen a few days previously. As the evening pushed on and I read reports of areas all around Carlow town getting blasted all I had, was for all the world like glitter blowing in the wind!! Never been so disappointed. I think Mt Leinster had something to do with it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

E3BC4CF8-0408-421B-AAFB-8322F89D266F.png.6703ba5f624e3d97bbaee22fe95cac45.png

The control is the gift that just keeps on giving. Too bad its not that well supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Brrrrexit Brrritain Eu Panics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

lolie wrote: »
    No doubt they'll be quoting 'weather expert' Cathal before to long.
    I've heard him on my local station a few times this winter and wouldn't be surprised if they have him on in the next few days if the charts don't downgrade.

He was in my sisters class in school. Nice chap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Dublin Live is the worst for clickbait weather headlines. I can picture them running an article titled: "Beast from the East bringing heavy snow laced with Covid-19 droplets".

Yeah but wasn't that a bit drifty whereas 2010 was calmer and like in the photo if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

lolie wrote: »
    Yeah but wasn't that a bit drifty whereas 2010 was calmer and like in the photo if i remember correctly.

Kildare got buried in sea streamers before Storm Emma. North Kildare got buried then even more buried by the drifty Storm Emma stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Significant snow accumulations possible next week especially in leinster

Met eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Met Eireann -

"Next week: Current indications suggest it will turn very cold next week with widespread frost and ice. Falls of sleet and snow are expected, especially in Leinster, with significant accumulations possible."

Who doesn't love significant accumulations of sleet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Met Eireann -

"Next week: Current indications suggest it will turn very cold next week with widespread frost and ice. Falls of sleet and snow are expected, especially in Leinster, with significant accumulations possible."

Who doesn't love significant accumulations of sleet?

Yeah, we like for that ! Like is adding sleet really making that look better ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

What’s the next one up from Wooly Hat Kermit? Actually I think you may have to skip a few levels up this morning.

091-B9715-36-D2-4-C6-C-8-E3-F-0235-BC7-FCF88.webp

Up ya boy ya

569-F67-A4-D1-B7-4-A2-A-8-BAE-8-A3134730301.webp

Sallins better live up to it's hype in this event, we usually get buried

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    He was in my sisters class in school. Nice chap

He may have been when he was younger but he's grown into quite the t**t now. He longs to be the Irish Madden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Is this now nailed on for snow on the east coast??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Sallins better live up to it's hype in this event, we usually get buried

I'm out in Blessington Road, Naas. Just moved in last month. I wonder what it was like here for 2018/2010 events. It for bitter cold down this way at the start of January with a lot of frosty mornings/night and some days of lying snow. Hope we have a decent amount for our 1.5 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

red_bairn wrote: »
    I'm out in Blessington Road, Naas. Just moved in last month. I wonder what it was like here for 2018/2010 events. It for bitter cold down this way at the start of January with a lot of frosty mornings/night and some days of lying snow. Hope we have a decent amount for our 1.5 year old.

Prime spot let me tell ya

torres9kop wrote: »
    Is this now nailed on for snow on the east coast??

Probably know better from Thursday.

You would be pretty much in the sweet spot

I am down in Sallins and we always do really well with these

2010 was madness and 2018 we were buried, roads impassable, train station was buried. Was a winter wonderland !

Prime spot let me tell ya

Snap !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

ECM pick of the bunch this morning for cold!!
    Awesome charts in general but it isn't quite a classic Easterly with the air primarily sourced from South East Europe. Makes the south coast marginal at times

One of my favorite pics from 2018. Tracks filled in at the train station

One of my favorite pics from 2018. Tracks filled in at the train station

Holey moley! Well at least my wife doesn't have to go to work in Dublin yet!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Buried in snow for both. 6 foot drifts from Emma

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement