Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

Still snowing in Arklow at the moment, roads and footpaths are very slippy, couldn't make it to work this morning so it's an official snow day. Woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Lashing down snow in newbridge ,

Im up and ready to go to work , but looking out the window , Im in two minds

Temp -3.3

DP -4.4

Snow day man !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

And after 20 minutes out of the shadow, i am firmly back in it, and for a substantial time period too.

Stream gonna roll into S. Dublin and N. Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Sun shining here in Cork city... A few drifting clouds... Hard frost last night!!

No chance of snow i'd say!:rolleyes::(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The north side of the stream seems to be beefing up out at sea too, could cover more of the city, I hope !

• Advertisement

Lashing down snow in newbridge ,

Im up and ready to go to work , but looking out the window , Im in two minds

Temp -3.3

DP -4.4

If you can at all get away with it, stay home. Enjoy the weather. You could wake up dead tomora!! Stay and keep us all company :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Cork... once again clear blue sky sun shining No Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

third heavy shower hitting bray now:D i think the bus services are starting to get disrupted:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Clear and sunny in the midlands around here anyway. Yesterdays snow remains and the roads are pretty bad. Doubt if it will thaw much. Hope we get a few snow showers drifting down to us, though I'm sceptical it will happen.:rolleyes: Just have to listen to youse boys in de capital for snow reports,...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

mickyp wrote: »
    Still fairly coming down in Dundrum. Grass area outside was covered nice and deeply, just like a huge blanket over it....then some woman comes and ruins it by walking on it!!!! Y I Otta!!!!

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

This is turning epic!

Heavy snow combined with blowing snow now. Lots of icicles too. Dare I suggest this may be the biggest snow event to hit Dublin since 1982?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temperature: Current -3.6 °C High -1.2 °C Low -3.8 °C
    Dew Point: Current -4.3 °C High -1.5 °C Low -4.5 °C

There's a reasonable covering of new snow. Both the boys schools are closed. Got a text as we were getting up. They're happy about that as we're putting up the decorations today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

DOCARCH wrote: »
    This is turning epic!

Heavy snow combined with blowing snow now. Lots of icicles too. Dare I suggest this may be the biggest snow event to hit Dublin since 1982?

DON'T DARE;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 réaltóg

Crazy snow in D2 when I was coming into work about 45 mins ago. I looked like a walking snowman after a 5 min walk from bus stop :D Very dark skies at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Starting to snow lightly in Dun Laoghaire again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

roryc1 wrote: »
    Beer fridge on

Now all you need is a decent beer to put in it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like the stream is doing swivels around the Isle of Man, around 6am took a swivel to East-West but now aligning back NE-SW..

Means the stream over the N. Irish sea, will head into Balbriggan while the stream further south rolls in N. Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Traffic at a complete standstill around Goatstown cross. Avoid the area at all costs. I ended up leaving the car in the Goat pub car park and have just walked home.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭milosh

bray man wrote: »
    third heavy shower hitting bray now:D i think the bus services are starting to get disrupted:rolleyes:

Its absolutely lashing show here. I heard that all buses are terminating at woodbrook. The Vevay Hill is impassible as is Windgates. That is more than half the town snowed in then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Still snowing heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

And after 20 minutes out of the shadow, i am firmly back in it, and for a substantial time period too.

Stream gonna roll into S. Dublin and N. Wicklow.
    I suggest you take a look at the 850hPa and 700 hPa wind charts from the NAE model this morning;) They're backing more easterly as the day goes on!

(Those wind charts refer to the wind direction and strength about a kilometre or so above us.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 iancw

just started again in carlow fairly heavy, we already have 6 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

iancw wrote: »
    just started again in carlow fairly heavy, we already have 6 inches

Where in Carlow? Blue sky over in Graiguecullen here atm..

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Couple of Photo's from this morning;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Blizzard conditions in Sallins for the last 30 mins. Not finished yet:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 iancw

flamegrill wrote: »
    Where in Carlow? Blue sky over in Graiguecullen here atm..
    pollerton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

:D

IOM.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

McNuggy10 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the Isle of Man Shadow is? Been following the thread and keep seeing it and its wrecking my head now!! :p

If you look at the radar images here: http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ you can see that showers are developing to the north and to the south of the isle of man, and anywhere on the coast here in line with the IoM relative to the wind direction, is likely to not receive snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Waking up this morning to find an inch of snow has fallen in Terenure overnight after I gave up on it last night :) Did someone sink the Isle Of Man ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looks like showers will begin to push further inland in the east and southeast from this afternoon onwards late into tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement