Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 4wesome5auce

Cml29 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone else done the assessment centre yet and felt they completely messed up the report?

I messed it up pretty badly this year and didn't get it finished, but as far as I'm aware most of the marks for the AC are in the roleplays. While I'm not holding my breath, I could surprise myself I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

Last years AC marks were
    Action plans out of 10
    1st Roleplay out of 20
    2nd Roleplay out of 25
    3rd Roleplay out of 20 and
    Report out of 15
    You had to get 50% to pass so it doesn’t matter if you mess up on one you could get full marks in the others and pass
    The mark system may change and the pass mark may also change this year depending on how well everyone has done
    The IST mark was 34 last year but 33 this year
    Hope that gives people a rough idea of scores

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Drtldl

Did anyone from previous years find the AC a bit odd this time round? It was my first go at it and it was not at all what I was expecting from what I’d been told by couple of friends in the PSNI. Kinda reminded me of a murder mystery game.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Cml29 wrote: »
    Nice to hear you can still achieve a decent overall score even if you feel you completely dived in one of the activities!

I’m trying to forget about it until the results come out!

Did you withdraw from 1509?

Yes, I did withdraw from 1509. The cheating thing that happened at the time set my potential intake back by 6 months or so. I would have been in the second intake around May 2017 from what I can make out. I kinda took the hump but regretting it now! I started my own business as I’d already handed my notice in to my full time job and have been doing that ever since.

The wait for the AC results is wrecking me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

Drtldl wrote: »
    Did anyone from previous years find the AC a bit odd this time round? It was my first go at it and it was not at all what I was expecting from what I’d been told by couple of friends in the PSNI. Kinda reminded me of a murder mystery game.

No it was just as different last year, like someone else said the role plays aren’t to be solved it’s how you deal with each scenario
    Last year was domestics and anti social behaviour

• Advertisement

I found the general format to be mostly the same, even names, places and so on. But the role plays made little sense this time round. Last time I did it, I managed to solve the thing and get an admission :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Drtldl

W221 wrote: »
    I found the general format to be mostly the same, even names, places and so on. But the role plays made little sense this time round. Last time I did it, I managed to solve the thing and get an admission :)

Yeah until the very end I wasn’t aware there was anything that could be solved. Definitely missed out on some important info in the role plays. The actors felt so evasive. I asked the last one everything I could think of and then they asked me at the end if I was sure I had nothing left to ask. Definitely missed out on some key info on that one.

Yeah until the very end I wasn’t aware there was anything that could be solved. Definitely missed out on some important info in the role plays. The actors felt so evasive. I asked the last one everything I could think of and then they asked me at the end if I was sure I had nothing left to ask. Definitely missed out on some key info on that one.

There’s no way on Earth the 1810 AC could have been solved. It was just geared to see how you deal with the numerous scenarios the actors managed to put forth, to sort the wheat from the chaff if you will. The 1509 AC was totally different in my opinion. Like I say, I found a trail to follow and managed to get someone to break lol. I didn’t get that from 1810 at all. Maybe I’m totally wrong though!

I just kept waffling away to them on both occasions which usually led to me thinking of something I hadn’t before. It’s all done now, we just gotta sit tight until May! The very best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Was anybody in here at the coaching class today in Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Yes was very good

• Advertisement

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Was anybody in here at the coaching class today in Belfast?

Didn’t know such a thing existed. Who runs it? Too late for me anyway, AC completed a few weeks ago.

Didn’t know such a thing existed. Who runs it? Too late for me anyway, AC completed a few weeks ago.

https://www.facebook.com/notomatoesconsulting/

It's run by 2 former police assessors, I think today was their last class anyway

Toots123 wrote: »
    Yes was very good

Yes I found it really helpful.
    Where were you sitting? I was front row third from the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

https://www.facebook.com/notomatoesconsulting/

It's run by 2 former police assessors, I think today was their last class anyway

Never knew these classes were ran.......too late now I guess

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Never knew these classes were ran.......too late now I guess

Hey, always good to know if things don't go as planned this campaign! There's always other campaigns and hopefully these get you well prepared for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VickyDoc

Still waiting to do my assessment.

Do people know when we would receive the result of it?

VickyDoc wrote: »
    Still waiting to do my assessment.

Do people know when we would receive the result of it?

By 10th May was the official word I believe. I'll double check now.

EDIT: Yep.

Yes, as above 10th May. And they’ll make us wait to the exact date :(

Do we get results via email? I was to do mine end of January but due to other commitments i had to change and been deferred to end of march.

Toots123 wrote: »
    Do we get results via email? I was to do mine end of January but due to other commitments i had to change and been deferred to end of march.

Yes results will be emailed out, there will be a breakdown of how many marks you got in each section along with merit list number should you pass.

• Advertisement

Yes results will be emailed out, there will be a breakdown of how many marks you got in each section along with merit list number should you pass.

Do they give out the merit number with the AC results now?

Do they give out the merit number with the AC results now?

I think they do, this is my first time at the AC stage so I could be wrong.

I think they do, this is my first time at the AC stage so I could be wrong.

You could be right, and I hope you are, but they certainly didn’t back when I was going through 1509.

You could be right, and I hope you are, but they certainly didn’t back when I was going through 1509.

I checked with someone who has been at AC before and they confirmed it.

I checked with someone who has been at AC before and they confirmed it.

Excellent! I think it used to be you got the ML number after PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Hey folks, still awaiting my AC, have a few weeks to go yet. Loving all the messages on here and support. Best of luck to those who have still yet to do their A/C and well done for the others who have got through it. Roll on May for us all!

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Hey folks, still awaiting my AC, have a few weeks to go yet. Loving all the messages on here and support. Best of luck to those who have still yet to do their A/C and well done for the others who have got through it. Roll on May for us all!

Roll on May is right! I did my AC away at the start, May might as well be December! The best of luck with yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Glad Im not the only one, during that roleplay I managed to ask every question I could think of and nothing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zero1000F

AC tomorrow, crapping myself but heres nothing. Kids away for the day and I am sitting cramming everything I know into the few hours left. First time doing AC and hoping I don't end up making a fool of myself with the actors haha!! Good luck to all those still to sit their AC! Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Good luck tomorrow. Deep breaths and remember they are only Actors.

Advertisement